• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ya boy is free and sober

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Just so you all know I’m still kicking.

Coming up on a year sober.

I finally surrendered to God and to AA. Gave my will up. Did the steps. Stopped breaking girls hearts. Stopped shooting steroids.

Stopped living like a shit bag.

5 meetings a week, home group, got 5 sponsees.

I thought I was too far gone but no matter how far down the scale we have gone we will come to understand how our experiences can benefit others.

God bless, Merry Christmas BL fam you guys did a lot for me and possibly I’d be dead without the info from this site and the support.

Congrats man, I have so much respect for folks who get clean in the fent-era. I got clean in '08 and feel like I dodged a huge bullet.

I spent a few years in fellowship, got big into service work (which lead me to going to grad school so I could work with people who use drugs), and even though I stopped going to meeting years ago and don't maintain complete abstinence, I still use the steps as a personal code. I believe that recovery is different for everyone, and it's really about the orientation of your mindset.

Just keep making that next right choice.

I finally surrendered to God and to AA. Gave my will up. Did the steps. Stopped breaking girls hearts. Stopped shooting steroids.

I thought I was too far gone but no matter how far down the scale we have gone we will come to understand how our experiences can benefit others.

God bless, Merry Christmas BL fam you guys did a lot for me and possibly I’d be dead without the info from this site and the support.

Football picks for playoffs 👍

Congratulations , you should be very proud of yourself and a good inspiration to people who feel it can't be done.

Congratulations , you should be very proud of yourself and a good inspiration to people who feel it can't be done.

Thank you,

For the record everyone -

I have been an IV drug past for the last 10 years.

- 10 overdoses which required Narcan, the worst taking 4 doses. The paramedic guessed I was without oxygen for around 6 minutes. I was completely blue / gray. My O2 was 60 in the hospital and the doctor was shocked I was coherent without signs of brain damage.

- I’ve been to jail 6 times, all my arrests being drug or alcohol related and all of them being under the influence when arrested. I have had 3 OUIs including a high speed chase where I crashed into a cop. I did a year in jail for that “stunt”.

- at my lowest, I was shooting up to 5 grams of street dope and smoking / shooting crack or fentanyl. I had a $250 a day habit, spending $500 every other day with my dealer.

- I thought I would never come back from a meth psychosis. I washed 14 grams of meth down a motel shower and called the front lobby to tell I knew they had cameras in the room and I was going to kill them. The cops rammed the door down and arrested me for criminal threatening and falsifying evidence. I was still pushing shit down the drain including pieces of a crack pipe. No drug charges stuck and the second charge was later thrown out.

2 years ago I was taking up to 10 mg or Klonopin a day. It was the most traumatic detox I ever went through (that or phenibut or methadone. All bringing me to the point of suicide). I was hearing things, and beginning to see things that weren’t there. My good friend who’s now a doctor in recovery believes once you see things that aren’t there chances are you will never come out of the psychosis fully. I was terrified.

Drugs and alcohol completely consumed me. I was hopeless. I am a bottom of the barrel addict. You can’t go any lower than I have without being dead or doing decades in prison.

We do and can recover.

The most important thing I had to change was I had to be honest with myself and those around me. I have a therapist and a sponsor I tell them EVERYTHING. I hold myself accountable. I don’t hide secrets about my life or what I’m doing anymore.

We are as sick as our secrets.

Wow bro. That is a ROUGH story. I thought I had it bad. Check in here on a regular basis and tell us you're still clean. I've got a friend in a similar situation in a sober living house, and all the professionals tell him he'll be dead or in and out of the system if he ever drinks or does drugs again. Relapse can be scary AF.

Hello I am 40 days sober from a heavy odsmt and norflurarazepam heavy habit. I still have nausea, panic, and sleep issues. This site saved my save in the old days when I was using old school heroin and meth heabily and has been a useful resourceful as I became consume by rc's. Longtime lurker since captain heroin days (Midwest) I switched from heroin and meth to heavy doses of aphip or 4f-mph and have had a benzo/ phenibut habit on/off for the last decade. Currently in rehab. Going to sober living. On suboxone. My habit was equivalent of 7-8 mg of clonazepam before getting sober I was taking 50 mg norflurarazepam daily. My story consists of 3 overdoses and a few attempts at recovery lasting 6 months in 2019 and 2021. Came on here for on for inspiration. I plan on hitting 6 meetings a week and working with my sponsor. Doing what worked before. Thought I should introduce myself. Thanks for words of inspiration^^

Awesome bro, really happy to hear from you, and such good news as well. I know how hard you struggled with it, and you have definitely been in a bad way for a while. To hear that you're a year sober is incredibly awesome! I have like 107 days myself. But who's counting ;) Keep at it bro!

Hello I am 40 days sober from a heavy odsmt and norflurarazepam heavy habit. I still have nausea, panic, and sleep issues. This site saved my save in the old days when I was using old school heroin and meth heabily and has been a useful resourceful as I became consume by rc's. Longtime lurker since captain heroin days (Midwest) I switched from heroin and meth to heavy doses of aphip or 4f-mph and have had a benzo/ phenibut habit on/off for the last decade. Currently in rehab. Going to sober living. On suboxone. My habit was equivalent of 7-8 mg of clonazepam before getting sober I was taking 50 mg norflurarazepam daily. My story consists of 3 overdoses and a few attempts at recovery lasting 6 months in 2019 and 2021. Came on here for on for inspiration. I plan on hitting 6 meetings a week and working with my sponsor. Doing what worked before. Thought I should introduce myself. Thanks for words of inspiration^^
Glad you're here and keep up the good work dude 💪