• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xtampza ER experiences

Ciara1017

Greenlighter
Hello,

Recently i have gotten 6 of these Xtampza ER oxycodone capsules and everything I have read is you cannot break the ER in any way due to new formula. Has anyone tried these? Will i even feel anything from them? I am a heavy user of IR oxycodone but this was all I could find. Let me know if you've tried these and what you think!

I've been prescribed the 13.5's 2xday for 2months +IR for breakthrough pain, and they really do nothing. I've used opiates from 5mg IR to OC80s, both for chronic pain and recreationally, for over a year, and they can both be used recreationally and are extremely effective for pain but Xtampza is ONLY effective at pain control at most and only for a very specific time range with a very delayed release (onset can be almost 2 hours).
But no, the microcapsules can't be broken down or separated. I've tried every method. Each microsphere is made with both beeswax and carnauba wax (sp?) and other "fatty acids". Maybe someone will be able to find a way some day. But it's useless for anything recreational. I've tried 24 hr in lemon juice etc. It's just pointless.

Its really sad from every standpoint, especially clinically. Everything I read about it praising it only ever speaks about how it delays release and cannot be abused etc etc, but it never talks about how well or if it even works for pain, never do they consider the patient who needs pain relief. If I get up at 8 and take one at 830, I HAVE to eat a fatty meal (what happens if I'm not hungry...) and be in pain until 10:30 until I feel like I can move, barely. On the 20, 40, or 80mg OC, I could benefit from the delayed release and it would kick in within 20 min, could start my day feeling like a normal person without taking too much. Yes, I could take more and chop and chew them if I wanted to get high, but they worked when taken as prescribed, too, and didn't leave me feeling barely capable. I wish my insurance hadn't forced me on Xtampza.
I'm just thankful I still have the instant release oxy for breakthru as it's the only way I can make it through that gap in the morning and when it stops working. And so, if I ever do feel like taking a few extra, I can still actually enjoy myself.

Tl;Dr Xtampza is useless recreational, borderline useless as prescribed.

My insurance just forced me on these also they said if they didn't work and I gave the a real chance min 30days that I could get the doc to do something and be put back on my regular oc 40
I know I've tryed the time release morphine that was similar format and they were garbage