• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

XanaXXX

dirtystud54

Greenlighter
I have never taken Xanax or Alprazolam before and want to know what to expect, how much I should take, and if I should take anything along with it. I smoke weed extremely often and take hydrocodone 10 325 quite often as well. I have a big tolerance to the hydros also. The Xanax are peach footballs, .5mg.... So any feedback????????

This is a pretty basic inquiry/question, so I'm going to send this to BDD.

I wouldn't take more than one pill (0.5 mg) for your first experience with it.

take .5mg....wait 30min to see how you feel....

dose again.....

i would not go over 1mg for your first time......

you should expect loss of anxiety, some euphoria, and just an overall sense of well being....

I keep reading that people use amphetamines to keep them awake. Do you recommend it? And should I be in an environment like my room, or an event?

I keep reading that people use amphetamines to keep them awake. Do you recommend it? And should I be in an environment like my room, or an event?

Wow, what a switch of questioning. UTSE, find the Amphetamine thread or the relevant, and ask away. Opening a thread and throwing random conflicting questions in one aint how we do things around here. Please have patience, read the forum rules and post constructively in the relevant forum.

Same goes for any other question you have depending on your topic.

Good luck

lol i donno about that whole amphetamines thing bro. I've been using the drug for many years now and love it. it's definitely my 'DOC'. basically it's going to depend on you. For the first time I would take only one mg if you are not taking anything else besides marijuana obviously, and no more than .5 if you are going to be consuming alcohol. Coming from a person with real anxiety, .5 would not do much for me, but a 1 mg pill from my prescription and a FEW beers is probably the best feeling in the world to me. notice I SAID A FEW. alcohol intesifies the effect greatly and you will wake up not knowing what the hell happened (possibly with some regrets like I have experienced) if you over-do it. It is also probably very easy to get alcohol poisoning or just get sick when not knowing your limits. for me I can either be chilling in my room about to go to sleep on this stuff, or I can be at a concert drinking some beers or just going out in general. You will find that it should make you much more talkative and less anxious (that's what its for) when you take it. from an experienced user, please do not start taking these things every day, it will ruin your life. xanax is in so many ways the devil not only because of the horrible withdrawal symptoms (said to be worse than heroin when over a long span of time) , but the dumb blackout shit it will make you do if you drink too much on them.

Thank you that helped out a lot. I think I'm going to take 1 .5mg xanax and see how it goes before taking another if at all. Ill leave the drinking out this time around and just chill in the comforts of my room. Thanks guys

Take 0.5mg, wait half hr or so, take another. I agree not to go over 1mg first time - beyond that, you'll likely either fall asleep or black out (as in, no memory, like an alcohol blackout)

Benzos are not crosstolerant with opiates, so you have absolutely no tolerance to them.

Do not expect intense euphoria - it's closest to alcohol, but maybe a bit more clearheaded (and of course no hangover), and benzos in general are more subtle than alcohol.

Don't mix with alcohol, as alcohol effects you much more strongly on benzos, and the combination can be very dangerous (and at best will probably make you black out and do dumb shit). Don't take benzos too often, as you can get a tolerance pretty quickly with them, and heaven help you if you end up addicted.

Oh, and they also intensify the effects of opiates (both the sedation (desirable) and the respiratory depression (not desirable). They're sort of notorious for causing OD's when mixed with opiates. I recommend you NOT mix them with those hydrocodones you mentioned.

my first time doing xanax, i took 6mg, thinking its just 6, i take 6 lortabs to get right. total blackout, embaressment

years later i took a 1mg blue football, boy i was pretty GOOD, i even wished i took .5

just take 1mg if ur looking for recreation

i never liked benzos when i first did them, actually hated them, learned to love them over time