• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Xanax withdrawal help

vinsanity89

Greenlighter
My problem (and I already know it's stupid) is I was snorting xanax.Started in January of this year very slowly. But the past I'd say 3ish months I had been snorting 4mgs a day. Well eventually I lost myself mentally and felt like a ghost just floating through my apartment. Lost my job. Don't even leave my apartment unless I have to. I decided to cut my dose in half over night cause I was tired of it. Was snorting anywhere from a quarter of a bar to a third 3 to 4 times a day. Started having really bad chest pain. Weakness in the legs. Shortness of breathe and yes very bad anxiety. At this point I didnt think it was xanax because I also take subutex 3 times a day and unfortunately I IV them. So I assumed an infection. Well I spent 3 days in the hospital and they couldn't find anything besides an increased heart rate so they released me. It was there I wondered if it was benzo withdrawal. I wanted to be done with snorting. So I stopped and tried taking halfs under the tongue and straight to my blood stream that I read off a reddit user. Well after 3 days of no snorting I began to withdrawal like every 4 or 5 hours badly. The snorting must of messed me up neurological because I've never felt my mind like that. My girl suggested I was going through some sort of shock and suggested I snort a quarter every morning when I wake up and then take a half under the tongue through the day, then a quarter at night for bed and then cut 10 percent of that dose every 10 to 14 days. But I really don't want to snort them anymore at all. I feel like the snorting really had something to do with the chest pain, but it's either that or I have to put a half under my tongue every 5 hours which is uping my dose not downing it. I'm hoping anyone can help me with some advice on how I can beat these benzo withdrawals without snorting. Thank u and sorry it was so long. God bless u all.
#ReachForRecovery

If you're snorting these things and they're providing better relief than sublingual or oral, then it sounds unlikely they're Xanax. It's even possible that they contain fentanyl unfortunately. If you have any services that test your drugs, I would use them. You should be able to get free fent test strips at least. I assume they're not from a pharmacy.
Alprazolam has a poor bioavailability when snorted, so really you should be getting better effects when taken by mouth.
Maybe the chest pains are being caused by the binders/fillers from the pills getting in your lungs?
It's really difficult to say. I would recommend acquiring valium and only taking them orally, as they last way longer and are better for tapering your dose.
Maybe you should bite the bullet and go to the doctor for a valium prescription.

Well I get them from an old guy who gets them prescribed legally and he comes out of the pharmacy with the bag still stapled and the bottle with his name and the medication name with the markings on the pill adding up. I meet him once a month and oddly he's a Chaplin at a church just struggling with bills and money. But yeah I do have a fent test and I could test one I suppose to be safe..never tried it before. But I've seen plenty fake xanax before and this doesn't seem to be one. I know the argument of whether snorting xanax versus its bioavlability has been an argument forever. But I have a deviated septum so it hits the back of my throat almost instantly and just kind of drips down. But yeah I worried that the fillers in it might be causing the chest pain as well. Their the ones that have a Y stretched on 1 side and 21 on the other. But this is all new to me inwouldnt even know where to go or who to ask to get Valium to come off. And how long would it take and how much? Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.

Well I get them from an old guy who gets them prescribed legally and he comes out of the pharmacy with the bag still stapled and the bottle with his name and the medication name with the markings on the pill adding up. I meet him once a month and oddly he's a Chaplin at a church just struggling with bills and money. But yeah I do have a fent test and I could test one I suppose to be safe..never tried it before. But I've seen plenty fake xanax before and this doesn't seem to be one. I know the argument of whether snorting xanax versus its bioavlability has been an argument forever. But I have a deviated septum so it hits the back of my throat almost instantly and just kind of drips down. But yeah I worried that the fillers in it might be causing the chest pain as well. Their the ones that have a Y stretched on 1 side and 21 on the other. But this is all new to me inwouldnt even know where to go or who to ask to get Valium to come off. And how long would it take and how much? Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.
tbh what you are describing sounds like run of the mill benzo withdrawal. I would strongly suggest contacting a trusted medical provider and developing a plan to titrate off.
Increased heart rate. check.
fogginess/inability to think check
---
as last poster said - getting onto a long acting benzo is going to help you SO much. xanax has such a short duration of action and half life you end up dosing it multiple times a day, i would try and switch over to an equipotent amount of diazepam orally and titrate down from there.