• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax withdrawal... help?

^ Thank you keeping Would a blog or a new post be better starting tomorrow?

you could make a thread on one of our social boards or yes, a blog would be a great idea.
actually now i think of it i don't think you get access to the blo feature til after you become a bluelighter (50 posts)

^Lol thats inconvenient, alright ill just make a new post and give a run down of the past 2 weeks and the dose i was at and for how long then update it! Thank you keeping!

^Lol thats inconvenient, alright ill just make a new post and give a run down of the past 2 weeks and the dose i was at and for how long then update it! Thank you keeping!

it is rather isn't it? and anytime! ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽:)

^Hahaha yeah it is but ill get there soon enough! lol that face is dope btw

sooner than you think :)
and cheers, i found it on a Japanese website ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ he's my mascot of sorts, thinking of getting it tattooed possibly.

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

^ Hell yeah haha thats awesome and you should if its your mascot and you have been thinking about it for awhile.

While it's super tempting, I already have the Batman logo on my butt. That's how my wife knows it's time to get frisky. I give her the "bat signal"

Lol. While I am covered in tats, I've yet to ink my ass. Some skin needs to remain pure.

Plus I can't steal your mascot bro.

All kidding aside, it would make a sweet chest piece.

i've got a fair few toomand as much as i would like to continue this chat with you shartito bro, we are gone wayyy off topic, lets get back to the matter at hand, xanax withdrawal ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Hahahaha that was awesome to come back to! Shartito the bat signal made me laugh so hard. Keeping that would be a rad tattoo though but back to xanax withdrawal. If anyone else has had an experience like this with benzos please share!

Sorry keep for getting off topic.

Back on topic, you're a lucky man. Now obviously the testicle problems don't fall into the "lucky" category, but your relatively painless benzo WD experience is abnormal I would say, considering your usage.

I'm currently taking 1.5 mg of clonazepam a day. I've had this prescription for a couple of years now. Of course there are times I run out early. But because clonazepam has such a long half life, I usually do okay for a day or 2. By day 3, they start. They're very hard to describe. All the symptoms you read about are true, but it goes beyond that into intangible feelings that are difficult to put into words. My whole life just felt "off" in every way. There were even brief and fleeting suicidal thoughts that would come and go. And that's NOT me. I've never, ever, EVER felt suicidal other than during those benzo WDs. The sad part about this is that I put myself in this situation by saying the right things to my doctor to get the script (I was hoping for Xanax, but he went with clonazepam). I don't really sufffer from anxiety, but I enjoyed them recreationally and knew I could say the right things to my doc. He now wants me off, as they're never REALLY supposed to be used long term anyway. I have 4 refills left, then I have to go see him again. He's gonna switch me to diazepam and start tapering me down. The good thing is he sounds like he knows what he's doing, so he's going to get me off them safely. Which I'm okay with. I honestly want benzos out of my life at this point.

Now before, many many years ago, when benzos were only recreational when I could find them, I usually just took a bar or 2 once a week. A few times a month etc... but one time I scored like 100 2mg bars and went crazy on them for about 2 weeks. Just that TWO WEEKS fucked me all up. I didn't seize or anything, but I had the worst withdrawals of my life from that two week binge. I literally thought I was losing my mind. Hearing voices and shit. Super paranoid and more anxious than I've ever been in my life. It was the worst thing ever.

I'm now an opiate lover. And have had many flirtations with opiate WDs. Those suck. But I would choose them any day of the week over that 2 week Xanax binge withdrawal.

So... all that to say, I envy you dude. Sorry about your balls, but your benzo WD sounded pretty painless.

^shartito yeah to be honest that was the second easiest drug to quit besides meth which was a joke. Yeah my balls made everything worse lol but still its just physical pain and it will end eventually. I have always looked at quitting drugs as "ive been through way worse" even if i havent it seems like trying to trick myself actually works sometimes. And yeah i did heroin since i was 16-22, and i felt like the demons were coming out of me. I was in opiate withdrawal for 2 months solid until it let up. And i have went through over 400 bars in a matter of 3 and half weeks when i bought 5 grams of alprazolam and had absolutely no withdrawals either but i figured that was just because of the time frame i used them. i got extreme panic disorder after my psychedelic binge, and i would wake up every night with a panic attack gasping for air and they would last 1-22 hours! And my panic attacks looked like i was having a psychotic breakdown the only relief was screaming at the top of my lungs and running in a circle around my kitchen. I would trade heroin withdrawals and all withdrawals combined compared to actually thinking im dying for an ungodly and unsafe amount of time. I almost commited suicide when i was going through a panic attack that lasted 22 hours i took 12mg of xanax then it finally let up.

UPDATE** So today is the day i go pick up my alprazolam, im not planning on taking it i will either start a new thread or keep updating this one. Thanks you from your flavorful PuppySyrup.

UPDATE** So today is the day i go pick up my alprazolam, im not planning on taking it i will either start a new thread or keep updating this one. Thanks you from your flavorful PuppySyrup.

So how many days have you gone now without taking a Xanax? I'm sure I could figure it out by re-reading this thread, but I'm particularly lazy and opied out today.

^^ as of today i have been off for 11 days now and feel absolutely awesome besides my nuts lol but they're recovering pretty nicely! Just cant wait for my plums to heal for the old ladys sake hahaha.

That's amazing. 11 days with no withdrawal... I would say you're pretty much in the clear.

So did you pick up the script? Do you plan on taking more?

Do you actually suffer from anxiety panic attack, and plan to keep it around for emergency use only?

I use to suffer from panic attacks that wouldnt go away which made my doctor make the jump to 6 mgs after i got a script of 30mg that only lasted 6 days due to panic attacks. I havent had one in awhile but if i do ill take it in a heart beat i plan on keeping them around for emergency situations and i meant to type 12 days not 11 lol! i picked up my script and have just been chilling with a full script of xanax, its just chilling in the pharmacy bag still lol!