• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and gabapentin together

Shay the supermom

Greenlighter
Hey guys.....gotta question.
So, ive been on xanax both prescribed, and used recreationally, for 20 years, and i have a pretty high tolerance. Also, ive been on gabapentin on and off for several years due to a back injury and restless legs. I have reinjured my back recently pretty bad, and am having to have surgery now and im in constant pain. I get no sleep, no relief, and im about to lose my mind! I recently read that if you take xanax with your gabapentin it gives you a pretty good buzz and at the very least will relax you....i have some gab 300mg pills and xanax 1mg pills. When i took gaba recreationally id do like 2500mg at a time and xanax about 5-6 bars. But if they make each other stronger, do you take less of each? And do you take together or wait between doses? I dont necessarily wanna go into space tnight lol I just want alittle buzz and to maybe get alittle rest and get some relief. ? Thanks yall.

Eep, im dumb and mix benzos ..everything but my advice... is to take NO MORE than 300-600mg the first try with whatever mg xanax you choose. I aswell eat very high doses of gaba meds but regularly so get to know how it effecgs you, if 300 pentin +4mg -6mg xanax or so is fine you can move up to 600-900gaba with the xanax, but id cap it at 900-1200 because your risk of blackout is increased.

Oh and by blackout i mean, ive buttered my kitchen counter in the past. So yep

Gabapentin will definitely potentate the xanax quiet a bit, it adds alot more sedation.I cannot stay awake if I combine them 2.

Eep, im dumb and mix benzos ..everything but my advice... is to take NO MORE than 300-600mg the first try with whatever mg xanax you choose. I aswell eat very high doses of gaba meds but regularly so get to know how it effecgs you, if 300 pentin +4mg -6mg xanax or so is fine you can move up to 600-900gaba with the xanax, but id cap it at 900-1200 because your risk of blackout is increased.
Ok. Do you take both gaba and xan at the same time? I read on one thread that somebody said take one hour apart? Does that make a diff you think? I tried to google all this shit and drugs.com and all them other websites say DO NOT TAKE XANAX WITH GABAPENTIN. So i dont know lol.

Ok. Do you take both gaba and xan at the same time? I read on one thread that somebody said take one hour apart? Does that make a diff you think? I tried to google all this shit and drugs.com and all them other websites say DO NOT TAKE XANAX WITH GABAPENTIN. So i dont know lol.
Yep. Maybe reffering to gabapentn the liver can only process about 300-400mg/1hr so its wise to take them accordingly. I sit there nexf to a pile of pentin and have a bottle of pregab on my table, ive consumed clonazepam another strong benzo w the combo but only ever if i was on a stimulant.

Otherwise i think its alright to combine the pregab and pentin but know your limits its easy to zonk out pun intended on em esp without s stimulant (coffee will do tho instead of harder stims)

I have a high tolerance becareful

I also oddly find pentin faster acting than pregaba aka lyrica. Pregabalin ALWAYS takes an hr vs perhaps 30-45min for pentin

I'm not really suppose to tell you how much to take but 1200mg of Gabapentin and 4mg of xanax should be strong and safe

You take 8-10 mg of xanax 4x a day?
He is full of shit ?. Nobody takes that normally.

Op, I will tell you that the more gabapentin you take in one go, the less bioactive it is.

Your body can only absorb so much at a time.

Try taking 300mg every hour, for a couple of hours. Fin.

Hey guys.....gotta question.
So, ive been on xanax both prescribed, and used recreationally, for 20 years, and i have a pretty high tolerance. Also, ive been on gabapentin on and off for several years due to a back injury and restless legs. I have reinjured my back recently pretty bad, and am having to have surgery now and im in constant pain. I get no sleep, no relief, and im about to lose my mind! I recently read that if you take xanax with your gabapentin it gives you a pretty good buzz and at the very least will relax you....i have some gab 300mg pills and xanax 1mg pills. When i took gaba recreationally id do like 2500mg at a time and xanax about 5-6 bars. But if they make each other stronger, do you take less of each? And do you take together or wait between doses? I dont necessarily wanna go into space tnight lol I just want alittle buzz and to maybe get alittle rest and get some relief. ? Thanks yall.
Yea Gabapentin enhances all GABAergic drugs. I've been prescribed Gabapentin for over ten years now and have had to many experiences I can't remember from mixing Gabapentin with other downers..not really that fun. Do one or the other