• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and alcohol question!!! I need help

stonewoe

Greenlighter
Hi I'm new hello everyone.

Here's a lil background. I'm into sports. Every 7 or 10 years I'll herniate the disc in my back or pull a muscle. Severly pull a muscle.

The last time I hurt my back in 2008 I herniated my disc lifting a stupid ass 70 inch heavy plasma tv and was living in hell.At the time I was allergic to norco. And some asshole Back pain sufferer ex - friend who wanted me to share his misery and addiction,... recommended that I tried xanax to alleviate the pain.

I have strong morality against being a dope addict and a lot of discipline. I did the xanax for about 1 and a half years. My back symptoms got worst not better. It was the drug xanax giving me crazy ass side effects and withdrawals. When I realized that . I quit xanax cold turkey , even though I had about $15,000 worth of xanax and norco, because I had been getting it prescribed for months and DR. was on xanax himself and had given me a shit load of it. I flushed them all down the toilet and withdrawled like a beast for months and months, went fucking crazy. I rebuilt myself and got over it. Never looked back.

Well here I am again ..injured. I use weed recreationally and medicinally. I get too many side effects from pills so I'm not a big fan of pills.

So my question is. I severely pulled my hamstring at the gym. I'm in a lot of pain . The dr prescribed norco. The 10mg pills. In 1 week I lost 16 pounds of fat and muscle. I hate the drugs side effects, which for me are No Appetite and Insomnia. By the 5th day taking it, I felt like a fucken drug addict who hadn't slept for 3 days, Horrible feeling.

I also was prescribed xanax bars. the 2mg bars.

I realized the past week if I drink about 5-7 beers....wait about 30-40 minutes than go to bed. I only am taking the xanax to sleep. not during the day ( I have a very high tolerance to alcohol, 6 beers is a very slight buzz for me I weighed 275, now 259 ) ....and take half a bar the shit gets me very high and comfortable and I sleep like a baby til like 10 am-12 noon chilling elevating my injured leg so it can heal.

Is this dangerous??? Thats my question..... back in the day I would take 2 bars in the evening to cope with herniated disc pain. I don't want to get physically addicted to this crap again so when I have been using the xanax I space it out between days. I don't take it every single day.

Can anyone give me some feedback? The norco is such a beast and strong I'm not even taking it anymore. I just have it stored away in case of apocalypse or someone I know gets there arm chopped off or some shit.

I was so loaded last night off of half a bar and alcohol. That tonight I was thinking of only doing a lil corner off bar. .25 xanax. Is This Safe?? without the alcohol I need about a bar and a half to 2 bars for relief. i don't want to get physically hooked on this crap again. any suggestions??? I should be done with my Physical therapy and healed in another 30 days. right now though. I'm in a lot of pain.

Strength does not predict toxicity. there is strong evidence that drinking 6-7 beers esp with xanax before bed is not a safe way of relieving pain or getting sleep. America does have a opiate problem but it also has i believe a even bigger problem of a emotional based just say no way of looking at things. Low dose opiates can reduce pain and alcohol while widely less taboo is not a effective treatment for pain atless you are inna desert. Because while itncannreduce pain itnis rapidly absorbed and extremely toxic when used to self medicate because u dont have pain jist on saturdays its everyday all day and your liverbwont say its ok and not fail because you didnt feelmhigh.

I can kill you with carbon monoxide even if you never even catch a buzz because it is directly toxic independent of how you feel. Thats why alcohol isnt used its not about it getting you high or drunk its it being directly toxic at theraputic doses to nearly every part of your body.

having been previously addicted, you should not have started taking xanax again. you should stop immediately. it's so easy to get back into the addiction. while you are unlikely to overdose from half a dozen beers and a piece of xanax, what you are doing is not safe and very self-destructive. not trying to gloss over your physical pain. that's terrible. xanax will cause a lot more pain.

took one dose of valium given to me before surgery (not making excuses, i knew damn well i shouldn't have taken it) to start me back on the road to addiction after two years clean. i didn't immediately fall back into it, was progressive. all prescribed, all for legit reasons. makes no difference.

The primary issue that I see here is that you're not solely using Benzodiazepines, you're also using the essentially analogous substance, Alcohol simultaneously. It's not a 100% pure conversion, but in general, a Benzodiazepine can substitute for Ethyl Alcohol and vice versa pretty easily, so yes, while you're being fairly responsible in specific regards to the Alprazolam consumption, you're still going to be building tolerance to the sedative/hypnotic class in general by consuming both.

By consuming Alcohol with the Benzodiazepines, you're setting yourself up for failure. This is just my opinion. Alcohol intake in general is more difficult to regulate than pre-measured medication, although I'm not saying you can't do it. I feel that if you're really serious about not becoming physically dependent again, you should cut out either the Alcohol or the Benzodiazepine, preferably the former for the obvious health implications, but at any rate, I feel that stability is pretty hard to maintain when both Benzo's and Alcohol are at play.

Thanks for the feedback . I'm going to have to toughen up and leave them both alone. If the pain starts getting to me...I will just smoke weed over and over until I pass out. Thanks again

The primary issue that I see here is that you're not solely using Benzodiazepines, you're also using the essentially analogous substance, Alcohol simultaneously. It's not a 100% pure conversion, but in general, a Benzodiazepine can substitute for Ethyl Alcohol and vice versa pretty easily, so yes, while you're being fairly responsible in specific regards to the Alprazolam consumption, you're still going to be building tolerance to the sedative/hypnotic class in general by consuming both.

By consuming Alcohol with the Benzodiazepines, you're setting yourself up for failure. This is just my opinion. Alcohol intake in general is more difficult to regulate than pre-measured medication, although I'm not saying you can't do it. I feel that if you're really serious about not becoming physically dependent again, you should cut out either the Alcohol or the Benzodiazepine, preferably the former for the obvious health implications, but at any rate, I feel that stability is pretty hard to maintain when both Benzo's and Alcohol are at play.