• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax (Alprazolam) Not sure if I got fake pills.

HiHeyWhatsup

Greenlighter
I had only tried Xanax one time a few years back when I was with some friends, it was a 2mg bar, I only took half and I felt euphoria, and relaxed like I just had a few glasses of wine and a massage. (I didn't actually have wine, that was just to explain the relaxed feeling) It was nice. I obviously wanted to try it again when I had the opportunity.
However, recently I had the opportunity to get some, 2mg tablets.
When I took one though I took a quarter (0.5mg) at about 2pm barely felt anything by about 4pm (possibly placebo), then another quarter at about 4:30, felt like maybe I was feeling it (again could have been placebo effect). But then went to bed around 8pm because it did make me feel a bit tired and I slept 12 hours which was unusual. Then a few days later when I had a day off I took a whole 2mg bar at once around 4pm, I only felt kinda drowsy and calm by around 5:30. Didn't have work the next day so I was up until about midnight, but fell asleep and slept until 2pm the next day and was groggy all day. I even tried taking 1mg sublingual, which people say tastes awful but this had a neutral taste which seems like another red flag to me. So I haven't tried any more of them.
I looked them up, they looked identical to the brand name 2mg Xanax bars shown in pictures. So they look like legitimate bars.
I'm kind of thinking they may be fake pills that could be cut with some kind of sleeping pill or even worse (fentanyl, I have no idea what it tastes like or feels like but I'm hearing more and more about it).
There is also the possibility that I just had way too high expectations of what the pills did and the first time I took them I may have been experiencing increased effect due to a sort of pseudo-placebo effect.
I would like to know some of your opinions:
Do you think I got fake pills that have been cut with another substance/filler?
Should I throw the rest away?
Should I ask my friend that used to take them all the time to try one next time he's in town?
Or perhaps something else?

hello, we can't tell you without a proper lab test if the pill is legit, sorry.

usually benzos don't have an euphoria similar to other drugs, it is usually the relief of anxiety and other psychological issues that makes people say they feel "good" on them. if your friend could help you with an opinion it would be better, because over the internet we can't try them out to tell you what are they like. just don't take mega huge doses of it or you will black out and do stupid things, they lower your inhibitions similarly to alcohol, for me benzos usually feel like alcohol without the bodyload,euphoric rush and nausea

for someone without a tolerance, I would start with 0.25 then maybe 0.25 redosed much later if you feel like it. but if you are looking for an euphoria for example which you get from weed,mdma,coke,opioids etc this substance is not the thing for you, plus dependence on such substances as xanax aka benzodiazepines carry a risk of having seizures, anxiety,depression etc while withdrawing from them.

in my opinion the setting you were in when you took it the first time made you feel that good and now when you do it alone you kinda expect the same experience from it. so they really could be legit, if you bought lots of them and don't want to throw them away you should buy some testing kits for RC benzos, fent etc but I doubt it has fent in it if you say that a whole 2mg bar made you feel nothing, but always asume the worst!

edit: looks like morpheuspapaverus beat me to the first post while I was still writing this, so much of it might sound very similar.

Honestly we can't help identify pills over the internet by taste, color, logo quality, etc. Since you've already tried some it would appear you didn't get BAD fakes with Fentanyl or anything too dangerous. Still it could be a low dosed RC/NPS benzo like clonazolam.

Something to remember is that 2mg BARS of alprazolam are one of the types most likely to be fakes, as they're rarely prescribed these days over say 1mg ovals, which still could be fakes, just with less likely hood then 2mg BARS.
Same goes for oxycodone 30mg Roxies. Very high rate of faking.

If you only have a couple left then it's a toss up of throwing them away or not. The danger lies in the fact that they may not all be what the first few were. The practice of taking small pieces then waiting a bit seems like your best bet if you keep them.
I don't think that sharing them with a friend is a good idea either. If you had a bottle worth you could send a few in and have them tested, but that's not practical with only a few. In this case the decision is completely yours but you wouldn't be losing much tossing them.

Proceed with caution if you keep them and stay safe. Try to have someone nearby or with you if possible.

Stay Safe & Best of Luck. Also Welcome to BL :- )

If you don't have a tolerance, you should have definitely felt 2 mgs of Xanax within half an hour.

^ yeah, that's a good point.

Alprazolam hits rather quickly and fully peaks within an hour. Waiting 2 hours to really feel it does sound suspicious. Be thankful if it's clonazolam or something similar, they dosed it properly and you didn't sleep for several days or worse.

lol, if you see a 0 reply thread you can bet that when you start typing morph already is finishing the argument :ROFLMAO:

although in the last week or two I did a little break from drug related posting, anyway when I see jekyl answering the question already I know I got nothing more useful to add,case closed lol, it would be like nurse jackie trying to outsmart doctor house .

Yeah I think I just got ripped off. The only part the confuses me is why they cause me to stay asleep so long.
Thanks all for your responses I'll just hold onto them until I can get a test kit or something.

The only part the confuses me is why they cause me to stay asleep so long.
They keep you asleep for so long because it's almost certain they're an RC/NPS benzodiazepine and not alprazolam. Maybe Clonazolam or a Flubromazepam. Point is fakes are sometime made up of RC benzos which aren't insanely dangerous themselves, but are sometimes dosed very poorly causing one to lose a couple days of consciousness or worse.

Nothing about these sounds like Xanax at all but quite a bit like some popular RC benzos.

I'll just hold onto them until I can get a test kit or something.
There is no test kit for Alprazolam. Only for it's metabolite which comes after it's metabolized. Not a safe way to test drugs :-/