• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

wtf works for anxiety/depression?

homeydontplaythat

Bluelighter
i was taking lyrica and it worked so well i get a boner thinking about it. after 2 month it not only stopped working but made me feel worse. i tried taking a few days off but it didnt help. im trying for a full week now.

am i stuck with xanax and or klonopin now? i dont want to take benzos but nothing else works. lyrica did but now it makes me want to fucking kill people.

I was rxed cyclobenzaprine (aka Flexeril) for muscle spasms. This medication had the most awesome side effect: i was no longer severely depressed.

Apparently, the med is structurally similar to a tricyclic antidepressant. (I think its one bond away from Amitryptaline...i'm on a mobile device so i'll edit this post after i check.)

While it did not make me happy, it DID brighten my thoughts and made me feel content. Even better...this change has persisted throughout the 18 months that have passed since i stopped taking the medication!

Perhaps a TCA may help you...ask your doctor.

oh dude! you just gave me a great idea, MAOI and tricyclic antidepressants. i totally forgot about them. i should totally give them a shot. thanks!

^...

Kratom, maybe? Try a different approach other than GABA?

not suggesting any of these......but they do help with ANXIETY..............

benzo.....xanax, ativan, kpins, valium, etc.....
opiates includng bupe
kratom
alcohol
marijuana

opiates for about 6 to year ..... but then you wont only want to kill people but yourself also

for me, escitalopram (SSRI) anxioltic and hypnotic benzos, and meprobamate

Seems to me like pretty much any pharmaceutical you take is going to stop working or become less effective if you use it chronically

there really is no magic drug that wiil fix you. you have to improve your life. fulfil a life ambition or something. these are the facts.

Lexapro works great for me.

Ive been on 20mg for about 5 months and my anger levels, paranoia, anxiety (not completely but its life man...) have been significantly reduced.

I would recommend it greately.

After 4 years of drug abuse my mind was a nervous fucking wreck, but staying clean and lexapro helped me alot.

I am like you and wont do benzos regularly because my friend was addicted to both heroine and benzos, and said the benzo W/D is even worse. Said its the worst thing that ever happened to him.

Not to say SSRI's dont have a W/D, but benzo's are just scary shit.

Give lexapro a try, it worked wonders for me.

ive been dealing with this shit since i was 16. im 30 now. ive taken every ssri. lexapro does work but it makes me sleep abnromal amounts. also it flattens my affect too much. lyrica was the best, better than fucking xanax and that says something!

im considering cycling 1 week klonopin with 3 weeks lyrica per month in efforts to prevent tolerance to lyrica. the other option is to totally abandon lyrica if it will not start working again and become a slave to shitty addictive ass benzos.