• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Would you agree to this? Clonazepam vs Xanax thread again...

XANAX XR

Bluelighter
I know there will always be people that will praise Xanax up and down til they die, I do support Xanax Bars, those are bangers.

Anyways would anyone agree with this equivalence chart?
ALPRAZOLAM/XANAX .5 = CLONAZEPAM/KLONOPIN .25 [Anti-Anxiety and Recreational Use]

Some people say Xanax is much more sedative than Kpins, especially in equivalence.. I even have to disagree on that.. I've blacked out on Kpins 2-3 times, where as Xanax..never.

I guess it depends on the brain but then again, my brother thinks 5mg of diazepam is the strongest dose of benzos in the U.S. He was on meth but hey, we all make mistakes.

- Xan.

Equivalency charts are based on therapeutic effects. While this is always the safe route to take, it often doesnt translate well for people trying to get high on the medication.

Benzos are nearly impossible to OD on if you follow common sense like not mixing them with anything.

Black outs can still occur.

Equivalency charts are based on therapeutic effects. While this is always the safe route to take, it often doesnt translate well for people trying to get high on the medication.

Benzos are nearly impossible to OD on if you follow common sense like not mixing them with anything.

Black outs can still occur.

The OD level for xanax and clonazepam [generally all benzos] is insanely high, in fact it wasn't factually reached if I am correct.. can't remember what the study stated.

I was just curious on why people go to xanax for recreational use when you kind of have to adapt to clonazepam to get a better high, or just start off with the green 1mg, those fuckers will be the best thing you put in your mouth [or nose].

Another question of mine is if anyone agreed on my equivalence ratio..

around here, clonazepam beats alprazolam. clonazepam if i'm not wrong is like the top sold medication in the country here.

benzos are very subtle so hard to compare the effects, but when comparing them i usually like to think both are equally potent. things change from person to person though, you know.

2mg clonazepam is nice for a smooth day, and imo is definitely not equal to 4mg alprazolam, which is more like me woken up but blacked out and doing all sorts of stupid shit.

around here, clonazepam beats alprazolam. clonazepam if i'm not wrong is like the top sold medication in the country here.

benzos are very subtle so hard to compare the effects, but when comparing them i usually like to think both are equally potent. things change from person to person though, you know.

2mg clonazepam is nice for a smooth day, and imo is definitely not equal to 4mg alprazolam, which is more like me woken up but blacked out and doing all sorts of stupid shit.

2mg is a smooth day for me, too. Usually don't even wake up depressed the next day. Clonazepam is so much cleaner as well... Xanax kills the nose, and the taste is generally rancid.

I've done stupid shit on klons but if I keep it under 10mg, I won't pull a knife on someone. My tolerance is probably 10mg = 15mg now, xanax fucked my tolerance sadly. I have to take so much more.

i never abused clonazepam actually, but when my benzo of choice was alprazolam i abused the hell out of it. i used to go on week long binges with it and always regret it later. there was this one time when i went through all my pills (20 or so) from thursday to monday. last thing i remember is eating strawberries and doing vodka shots on top of 4mg already, drunk as fuck... next thing you see i wake up naked full of blood on the living room couch. no cellphone, broken TV. the next week i actually contact a friend of mine that was with me on tuesday (he was also taking a load of alprazolam) and find out he broke his nose during some time in the past few days. to this day none of us knows how the hell he broke his nose or how i lost my cellphone.

took me another lost cellphone and some more stupid shit to start taking my benzos more 'responsibly'

Xanax vs Klonopin

I take 10mg of Klonopin nightly but has come across Xanax 1mg pills. I know that they are pretty equivalent according to a chart. I want to know how many it would take for any effects to be felt if I had been taking such high doses of Klonopin for a month now.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 mgs of Klonopin is definitely not equivalent to 1 mg of Xanax.

They're both benzodiazepines but they're different, obviously. I'd say that I prefer Klonopin, if only because it's effects last much longer than Xanax and I think it has stronger physical effects than Xanax does. But Xanax is useful too...I find it to be a very powerful anxiolytic that's invaluable for panic attacks, or when you want to take the edge off a bad psychedelic trip, or to ease out of a particularly long session of hard drug use, etc. I'm not sure how you'll like alprazolam in comparison to clonazepam, drugs effect everyone a bit differently and this is especially true for benzodiazepines IMO...10 mgs of Klonopin a night is a helluva lot.

No i meant mg for mg, k-pin and xanax are closely effective. I have taken 7mg so far and no feelings at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the general consensus is 1mg xanax = 1mg klonopin, so start from there

xanax will hit quicker and last less though

I did a quick google of equivalence charts, some of them list them as being equally potent (0.5mg xan - 0.5mg clon), some list Clonazepam as being twice as potent as xanax (0.5mg xan - 0.25mg clon, my guess is that it's probably somewhere in between, but the others seem fairly confident about equipotence. I'd imagine they'd be hard to compare, since they're very different benzos.

Problem (well, one of the many) with xanax is that it's duration is really short, so you can eat 1mg, wait an hour and feel nothing, eat another 1mg to top it up, but the first 1mg is already draining from your system by the time the second takes effect. This can lead to either wasting pill after pill but never really increasing the amount of xanax you have in you, or if you're less careful, just taking a guess and munching a bunch down, often leading to getting overly intoxicated, injuring yourself, doing stupid shit, blackouts, etc. It's a very ''messy'' benzo, a lot of stumbling, slurred speech, memory problems, although I'll grant that a properly measured dose of xanax feels really nice if you're anxious or edgy (for as long as it lasts, anyway), and there's nothing like alprazolam for smashing a panic attack into the ground.

Compare to clonazepam, which comes on slow, builds up, then lasts for ages. Much more clear headed, that chilled feeling in your mind and the stillness in the pit of your stomach. Of course that can be deceptive, it can be easy to take a ton more, not realizing you're already pretty relaxed, and if you go over the edge you can end up in a blackout which lasts for hours and leads to all sorts of dangerous craziness. Especially if other downers get involved.

I'd just like to add that clonazepam's potency may not reveal itself as readily as alprazolam's potency, due to the fact that they are different not only in time till onset of action and duration of action, but also in the type of action they exert. Clonazepam does not hit quickly and thus often fails to give the subjective user a proper gauge of potency, because from baseline, one may take a dose of clonazepam and not feel their anxiety 'wiped away' or 'obliterated' like with the very swift-acting alprazolam. Alprazolam may, in fact, give a bit of a false impression of its true potency on this account, because from baseline, one may take a dose of alprazolam and have their anxiety almost magically disappear due to its rapid onset of action. Alprazolam's duration of action is shorter, which may cause rebound anxiety more than clonazepam, which if treated with another dose of alprazolam, will enforce the user's subjective sense of alprazolam's anxiolytic power and force. No doubt, when a sufficient dose of alprazolam is administered to someone with significant anxiety, the drug seems to be forceful, where it though it is a great anxiolytic, is simply rapid in effect thus causing such a subjective sensation. Clonazepam will produce just as solid anxiolysis, in most individuals, however it fails to seem forceful on account of it being relatively quite slow to take effect from time of administration. I might hypothesize that clonazepam is not as likely to cause rebound anxiety as alprazolam due to its longer duration of action. But, all of this is just dealing with time and how that causes a change in subjective 'anxiolytic force', if you will, and not so much efficacy. The efficacy of alprazolam and clonazepam in anxiolysis, basically speaking, is approximately the same, however I am not yet going into the potency of the two, compared against one another, when going over the matter which is more potent, mg for mg.

It must be realized that alprazolam and clonazepam have somewhat different profiles with respect to their effects. Based on personal experience with both drugs, and that which I have seen, heard, or read of in other users, I would say clonazepam is a bit more powerful in its muscle-relaxant effects, and perhaps, though I am not sure on this one myself, a bit more sedating. I should note that when I say sedating, I am making no comment as to the hypnotic properties of either, where I think because of the variation in types of insomnias, alprazolam may be quite superior to clonazepam for some, while for others clonazepam may be quite superior to alprazolam. I have been, personally, quite sedated by both clonazepam and alprazolam, and I am going off my experiences when I had very little or no benzodiazepine tolerance. When I say sedated, I mean tranquilized or made placid or calm or unaffected by external stimuli. However, of course alprazolam's sedation kicks in quick and lasts not all that long, whereas clonazepam's sedation takes up to an hour or a even a bit more to render its sedation. For purposes to relax myself, when I had no tolerance to benzodiazepines, I should say that clonazepam was much more pleasant, in part likely because it was strong but not seemingly forceful on account of any rapid onset of action. It, also, permitted deeper muscular relaxation as well as psychic relaxation, and lasted for a significantly longer period of time at the perceptible plateau. I would say that both alprazolam and clonazepam are seemingly equally effective in the prophylaxis of an anxiety attack or panic attack, however I would say this varies from one person to another, and that their equality in this respect is one of subjective report. Of course, alprazolam will not prevent panic for as long as clonazepam, unless it is re-dosed, which is viable in certain situations. Now, in aborting a panic attack, I am confident that alprazolam is much superior to clonazepam, on account of its rapid onset of action and resultant subjective forceful anxiolysis. Clonazepam, though, is still not uncommonly prescribed for this purpose, which makes no real sense to me, and I put it down to alprazolam-phobia, which I believe to be very real and fairly common amongst prescribers. Nevertheless, I cannot understand how clonazepam would be nearly as effective to abort a panic attack; by the time it would take hold and exert much any effect, the acute panic would have run its course.

And, still, even though both possess different qualities with respect to time till onset, duration of action, and individual profiles of action, all of which I can basically reason, there seems to be a larger disparity in the general nature of the two benzodiazepine agents. To describe this nature would be very challenging, for it would require not just simple facts and observations, but poetic license to describe each of them; and, maybe it is the case these distinct natures are only so distinct to me, on account of the innumerable variables involved in my history with these two wonderful benzodiazepines.

As for potency, it must be considered that when dosed chronically, 24-7, clonazepam will often accumulate and exert consequently seemingly greater effect, whereas alprazolam is a great challenge to be dosed chronically, 24-7, to maintain a static level of action without inter-dose 'drops' in action due to its very short duration of action and very short half-life. So, to try to put a number on potency, I will do so considering both the clonazepam and alprazolam are single doses administered to a group of people, and I will do so with respect to general sedative-hypnotic effect and not only anxiolytic effect, because the benzodiazepine is a multi-faceted agent. I would make the educated guess that a single dose of 0.5 mg alprazolam is equipotent, with respect to general sedative-hypnotic effect or general benzodiazepine effect, to around 0.3 mg to 0.4 mg clonazepam, with variance attributable to the difference in the individual users.

I'd just like to add that clonazepam's potency may not reveal itself as readily as alprazolam's potency, due to the fact that they are different not only in time till onset of action and duration of action, but also in the type of action they exert. Clonazepam does not hit quickly and thus often fails to give the subjective user a proper gauge of potency, because from baseline, one may take a dose of clonazepam and not feel their anxiety 'wiped away' or 'obliterated' like with the very swift-acting alprazolam. Alprazolam may, in fact, give a bit of a false impression of its true potency on this account, because from baseline, one may take a dose of alprazolam and have their anxiety almost magically disappear due to its rapid onset of action. Alprazolam's duration of action is shorter, which may cause rebound anxiety more than clonazepam, which if treated with another dose of alprazolam, will enforce the user's subjective sense of alprazolam's anxiolytic power and force. No doubt, when a sufficient dose of alprazolam is administered to someone with significant anxiety, the drug seems to be forceful, where it though it is a great anxiolytic, is simply rapid in effect thus causing such a subjective sensation. Clonazepam will produce just as solid anxiolysis, in most individuals, however it fails to seem forceful on account of it being relatively quite slow to take effect from time of administration. I might hypothesize that clonazepam is not as likely to cause rebound anxiety as alprazolam due to its longer duration of action. But, all of this is just dealing with time and how that causes a change in subjective 'anxiolytic force', if you will, and not so much efficacy. The efficacy of alprazolam and clonazepam in anxiolysis, basically speaking, is approximately the same, however I am not yet going into the potency of the two, compared against one another, when going over the matter which is more potent, mg for mg.

It must be realized that alprazolam and clonazepam have somewhat different profiles with respect to their effects. Based on personal experience with both drugs, and that which I have seen, heard, or read of in other users, I would say clonazepam is a bit more powerful in its muscle-relaxant effects, and perhaps, though I am not sure on this one myself, a bit more sedating. I should note that when I say sedating, I am making no comment as to the hypnotic properties of either, where I think because of the variation in types of insomnias, alprazolam may be quite superior to clonazepam for some, while for others clonazepam may be quite superior to alprazolam. I have been, personally, quite sedated by both clonazepam and alprazolam, and I am going off my experiences when I had very little or no benzodiazepine tolerance. When I say sedated, I mean tranquilized or made placid or calm or unaffected by external stimuli. However, of course alprazolam's sedation kicks in quick and lasts not all that long, whereas clonazepam's sedation takes up to an hour or a even a bit more to render its sedation. For purposes to relax myself, when I had no tolerance to benzodiazepines, I should say that clonazepam was much more pleasant, in part likely because it was strong but not seemingly forceful on account of any rapid onset of action. It, also, permitted deeper muscular relaxation as well as psychic relaxation, and lasted for a significantly longer period of time at the perceptible plateau. I would say that both alprazolam and clonazepam are seemingly equally effective in the prophylaxis of an anxiety attack or panic attack, however I would say this varies from one person to another, and that their equality in this respect is one of subjective report. Of course, alprazolam will not prevent panic for as long as clonazepam, unless it is re-dosed, which is viable in certain situations. Now, in aborting a panic attack, I am confident that alprazolam is much superior to clonazepam, on account of its rapid onset of action and resultant subjective forceful anxiolysis. Clonazepam, though, is still not uncommonly prescribed for this purpose, which makes no real sense to me, and I put it down to alprazolam-phobia, which I believe to be very real and fairly common amongst prescribers. Nevertheless, I cannot understand how clonazepam would be nearly as effective to abort a panic attack; by the time it would take hold and exert much any effect, the acute panic would have run its course.

And, still, even though both possess different qualities with respect to time till onset, duration of action, and individual profiles of action, all of which I can basically reason, there seems to be a larger disparity in the general nature of the two benzodiazepine agents. To describe this nature would be very challenging, for it would require not just simple facts and observations, but poetic license to describe each of them; and, maybe it is the case these distinct natures are only so distinct to me, on account of the innumerable variables involved in my history with these two wonderful benzodiazepines.

As for potency, it must be considered that when dosed chronically, 24-7, clonazepam will often accumulate and exert consequently seemingly greater effect, whereas alprazolam is a great challenge to be dosed chronically, 24-7, to maintain a static level of action without inter-dose 'drops' in action due to its very short duration of action and very short half-life. So, to try to put a number on potency, I will do so considering both the clonazepam and alprazolam are single doses administered to a group of people, and I will do so with respect to general sedative-hypnotic effect and not only anxiolytic effect, because the benzodiazepine is a multi-faceted agent. I would make the educated guess that a single dose of 0.5 mg alprazolam is equipotent, with respect to general sedative-hypnotic effect or general benzodiazepine effect, to around 0.3 mg to 0.4 mg clonazepam, with variance attributable to the difference in the individual users.

I am very sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but I have not heard a more accurate description of Clonazepam vs Alprazolam in my life. I think everything you said is right on point.