• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

would xanax have any benefit for an alcohol hangover?

Weed + alcohol always makes me sick. Altho I never smoked during a hangover. Plus I don't smoke weed anymore, just occasional jwh. But that will prolly make me sick and even more nauseas cuz its strong

I'd imagine valium serving that purpose better. I know its used for alcohol withdrawal and such and it seems like it's not too intense but would help normalize a hangover. That and water. drink water

Yeah, a moderate dose of Xanax definitely helps with both the mental and some of the physical side-effects, IME.

However, I agree w/ the above poster, you'd probably be better off with a longer-lasting benzo, like Valium of Klonopin (and yes, buckets of water)

For me personally, a little xanax and weed makes a not-too-fucked hangover pretty much unnoticeable. That is of course if i drink tons of water (as said above) and eat a little something also, because hydration is the key to your body recovering.

Yeah, a moderate dose of Xanax definitely helps with both the mental and some of the physical side-effects, IME.

However, I agree w/ the above poster, you'd probably be better off with a longer-lasting benzo, like Valium of Klonopin (and yes, buckets of water)

What Xanax & Valium ? & a small bit of Zopiclone? And maybe a mild opiate like Codeine?

YEP. When I'm hungover, I feel like shit, anxiety, nauseous, can't sleep...
A benzo gets rid of that anxiety, nauseous, and makes me peacefully drift off with a smile on my face. :)

What Xanax & Valium ? & a small bit of Zopiclone? And maybe a mild opiate like Codeine?
I don't think the OP will see this since it was posted in 2010. I wouldn't go overboard with the benzos for a hangover, maybe a small dose to help sleep it off. But most important is drinking water since alcohol is very dehydrating.

I don't think the OP will see this since it was posted in 2010. I wouldn't go overboard with the benzos for a hangover, maybe a small dose to help sleep it off. But most important is drinking water since alcohol is very dehydrating.

i can agree and sorry for bumping an old thread also good to add in some vitamins i personally take b12,folic acid and thiamine the morning after little to no hangover
also good practice to drink a bottle of water or even a gatorade before heading to bed after drinking
dehydration and vitamin depletion is the cause of a hungover

something ive been experimenting with is drinking prickly pear juice 2 hrs before drinking and well... no hangovers what so ever ive tested it these past 4 nights i am impressed
gonna try it again tonight read it also helps protect the liver
yes i am a daily boozer ha

For the people out there who wake up with bad anxiety when hungover (myself included) I would say xanax would be great plus its impossible for me to sleep the following morning so my goto choice is Tylenol, a couple bottles of water, a cigarette and 2mg of xanax. I wake up 4 hours later feeling like a million bucks haha.

No Acetaminophen

For the people out there who wake up with bad anxiety when hungover (myself included) I would say xanax would be great plus its impossible for me to sleep the following morning so my goto choice is Tylenol, a couple bottles of water, a cigarette and 2mg of xanax. I wake up 4 hours later feeling like a million bucks haha.

You should never take Tylenol when there is alcohol in your system. Acetaminophen can cause severe and irreparable liver damage when combined with alcohol.