• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

would it be safe to take dilaudid during day if I take valium in the evening?

JuciferJames

Greenlighter
I take 5mg valium in the evening around 9pm-11pm depending on the day
wondering if it would be fine to take 1-2mg dilaudid during the day and still be alright to take my valium in the evening?
I know dilaudid has a short duration like 4-6 hours but valium has a half life of like 20 hours or so not sure if it would be safe or not

Do you take the valium every day, or nearly? If so, yes. Hydromorphone is very potent so please be careful, especially when mixing with other depressants like Valium.
Are you taking the dilaudid orally or what? This can alter the amount of the drug you actually absorb by a lot depending on if you take it orally, nasally, rectally or IV.

I'm tapering off so I'm at 5mg but will be at 2.5mg tomorrow for the next 3 days and then 1.25mg for a few days but I've been taking it for the last couple weeks. I was planning on orally or possibly insufflated and it wouldn't be 2mg all at once more like 1mg spread out over a few hours or even half that because my tolerance is low right now but maybe best to wait until I'm completely off of valium in that case. I'm not new to hydromorphone or valium, never mix the two though and try to use in a safe manor

With those doses you should be fine if you take them often at all. It's not a high dose of either
so I could take the dilaudid nasally in the afternoon and be good to take the valium in the evening? the half life of the valium won't cause a stronger interaction or anything?

I take oxycodone and 10mg Valiums at the same time and never noticed anything good or bad.

I take oxycodone and 10mg Valiums at the same time and never noticed anything good or bad.
how much oxycodone do you take? yeah I don't know I'm probably just being overly cautious but nervous to take both within the same 24 hour period

If you have experience taking both you should be fine. When you take the hydromorph you still have Valium in your system from long 1/2 life. The doses are low but still be careful.

I take about 30-50 MG Oxycodone
a day. 20mg of Oxy and 10 MG of Valium has no effect on me accept pain relief and I am less likely to get into a fight. I take 10mg Valium 3× times daily.
Watch out for taking them all day, or you might get stuck needing both. Dilauded is strong but if your body is use to it, and the Valium( taken a therapeutic doses you should be fine.)
I wouldn't drive on both until you know how, and if, taking both will impair you.

No one can say it's "safe". Harm reduction dictates that people advise with an abundance of caution.
However, the real danger of opiates and benzos is taking benzos and getting real high on the opiate, and then the benzo kicks in since it was taken orally and pushes you over that overdose line.
The long time separation between your two drugs bodes well. But be careful.

The honest answer here is that most Opioid overdoses (outside of Fetanyl and similar powerful Opioids) are the result of much less responsible decisions than what you're describing. It would be very unlikely for this to kill a person. The only reason that might happen would be some kind of underlying condition and/or an unkown hypersensitivity to one or both of the agents involved.

For someone with experience with both of the stated drugs, I would expect the worst outcome to be an unexpected nap.

If the dosages change, then you need to revisit the question, but as stated here, you should be fine.

The honest answer here is that most Opioid overdoses (outside of Fetanyl and similar powerful Opioids) are the result of much less responsible decisions than what you're describing. It would be very unlikely for this to kill a person. The only reason that might happen would be some kind of underlying condition and/or an unkown hypersensitivity to one or both of the agents involved.

For someone with experience with both of the stated drugs, I would expect the worst outcome to be an unexpected nap.

If the dosages change, then you need to revisit the question, but as stated here, you should be fine.
alright thanks I appreciate the feedback. I've tapered down to 1.25mg valium once daily took my last dose at 11pm last night, safe to say it's probably fine to take 1-2mg of hydromorphone around 6pm this evening? planning on skipping my valium dose tonight but just concerned about half life for day before. sorry if this has been answered already and I know the valium dose is quite low I'm just trying to proceed with as much caution as possible and not looking for any adverse effects or reactions. I haven't used hydromorphone in 3 months and when I was using my tolerance wasn't too crazy I would take like 2-4mg insuffilated throughout the day usually in small lines every 4-6 hours