• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

worried about friend - how much do YOU smoke?

oLd_ScHoOl_RoCkEr said:
Not me....

Ive smoked daily for the past 20 years of my life....

And it has not affected my work, family or social life....

I dont think I will ever out grow my habbit....

I smoke a gram a day and I wouldn't change a thing....

Heavy dope smoking is not a phase IMO....

Its ultimatly the individuals choice....

:)

SEE! :D

This is what I like to see, where the individual has the ability to not let the drugs take control of their life, like I see with so many people unfortunately. At one stage, I was smoking far too much, but I've cut back now, keeping meself to very infrequently during the week, and usually only to weekends and pipes when going out. :)

It's not affecting the rest of my life anymore, which I'm very pleased about. Keep up the good work. :)

i used 2 smoke bout 30cones a day. i used 2 smoke up b4 school during school and afta school. i hated it at the time but i couldnt stop myself. but somehow i have slowed down i hated how it made me and how it made my friends. now i only smoke about 5 cones every couple of days which is good but i would like 2 go the whole nine yards and stop. it is very hard 2 slow down i found even though it is not a "addictive drug" supposidly but i found it very hard 2 slow down as i felt i needed it 2 get thru each day.

I spose it depends how you describe 'addictive'... if you mean physical dependence, then marijuana is fairly benign - you can go through withdrawal if you suddenly stop taking it on a regular basis, and suffer from heavy night sweating, insomnia, bizarre vivid dreams when you finally do sleep, and a number of other withdrawal-type effects.

In terms of psychological dependence on the other hand, because marijuana can be incorporated into your daily routine, just like smoking cigarettes, it can seem like every time you turn around you think about having a bong/joint. This IMO is the hardest part to break yourself from. Going through THC withdrawal symptoms is piss easy compared to some other drug withdrawals, but you have to be firm to tell yourself "NO" every time you feel like having a pipe. If you want to stop yourself then I'd suggest either throwing out all remaining marijuana in your house, or electing to quit when you're out of supply. Then, you won't be able to smoke, unless you go out and buy some. Make sure you don't.

It will take willpower, and self-discipline, but it's really only the first couple of days that are difficult IMO because that's when you're copping the insomnia and night sweats, and you think you'll never be able to get to sleep without a pipe. Going complete cold turkey is a good way to stop this drug habit, because the withdrawals are not very harsh, and that way you avoid fooling yourself that you're going to stop 'tomorrow' and that 'one more cone to help you sleep tonight and then no more' will end up with you continuing to smoke until the choof is gone, and then you'll buy more, and you haven't quit at all.

It may help to figure out a reason or a motivation for quitting, which can give you something to remember why you're not smoking. Each time you think about smoking a bong, remind yourself of why you want to quit. Even if it's something as simple as telling all your friends (who know you smoke) that you've decided to go it clean and quit; hopefully if you make a strong stance on the issue then the thought of seeming weak-willed in your friends eyes may encourage you to stay off the pipe.

Hope that's some kind of help,

BigTrancer :)

Your story is almost a carbon copy of my own, the main difference being that I use to smoke almoast as heavily as my other half. I gave up smoking a few years back and feel so much better for it, I wish I could convince my other half to do the same. Anyhow, I'd rather not go into the personal aspects of it here, but suffice to say, it is best to have a serious chat about this stuff early on if you think the relationship is going to be a long term one. And then work out for yourself what you are prepared to accept. Good luck.