• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ds

Bluelight Crew
world-war-z-movie-poster.jpg

The time has come for those who have outlived most of the human race. The story is now being told by different perspectives (survivors) on what happened before the Z outbreak, how they survived, and how it ended.
world-war-z-accident1.jpg

here's a movie article for the book World War Z, by the author Max Brooks.
Max Brooks’ ephemeral horror novel, based on disparate accounts of a zombie apocalypse, will be a difficult film to accurately convert into a blockbuster movie. Nevertheless, director Marc Forster’s having a go at it, and his World War Z will be among the most expensive undead-based movies yet made, with a budget of $125 million. And if reviews of the script are anything to go by, it’s a great adaptation, too, with Ain’t It Cool describing it as a “genre-defining piece of work”.

Anyone fearing a warmed-over retread of George Romero’s movies can also rest assured that World War Z will be rather different from the zombie movies we’ve seen in the past. Forster has compared it to Watergate thriller, All The President’s Men, while others have said it’s like Children Of Men and The Bourne Identity. We’re not quite sure how all that ties together, but those comparisons alone have us itching to see just how good this film is.

I've read this book many times, never sat it down unless I had to. Kept me away preparing a survival bag before the book was over. I reccomend that you read the book before you watch the movie.
ALSO Vote If you'd like to watch it or not.(better vote yes or your you will be the first to die).
images

Great book. My expectations are probably way too high for the movie to be satisfying. Signs are indeed not looking good, much to my disappointment.:(

Last edited:
Oh yeah forgot about this, heard about if when i got the book, didnt finish that yet, tho finished his other book zombie survival guide :D

*****i haven't read the source material*****
(i normally prefer to read the book AFTER watching film adaptations)

this turned out quite enjoyable. it's a simple story and fairly exciting. i would have preferred not to have seen all the swarming in the trailers, cuz it builds to it really well. 4/5

Its a great book. A bit underwhelmed at it being translated into a movie.

the audiobook version, performed by a full cast including Alan Alda, Mark Hamill, and John Turturro, won an Audie Award in 2007.

that sounds interesting.

Well this turned out to be one of the better zombie movies I've seen. It was action packed right from the first couple minutes up until the ending credits. Never a dull moment, I was glued to the screen the entire time.

I'm completely confused.

In the books, I get the impression that:

[spoil]These were slow-moving zombies, and it was the cover-up, panic, and ineffective response that caused a large chunk of the disaster[/spoil],

while according to the trailer (haven't seen the movie yet), this appears to be:

[spoil]A fast-moving, zombie mob action-style movie[/spoil].

What?

^^ I get the impression there's a huge gap between the book and the movie. The book is more a slice of different people's perspectives to the whole zombie apocalypse, its a retelling of events after they have happened in a survivor fashion. The movie seems to be a popcorn summer muncher which they spent a boatload of money on in development hell and stars Brad Pitt for better or for worse. Tuesday cheap night?

I'm completely confused.

In the books, I get the impression that:

[spoil]These were slow-moving zombies, and it was the cover-up, panic, and ineffective response that caused a large chunk of the disaster[/spoil],

while according to the trailer (haven't seen the movie yet), this appears to be:

[spoil]A fast-moving, zombie mob action-style movie[/spoil].

What?

Dawn of the Dead vs 2004 remake situation?

Dawn of the Dead vs 2004 remake situation?

Maybe the trailers are misleading.

But the book's format was, after World War Z (the Zombie War), a government official was going around taking oral reports from various individuals who were involved in the war. It was a series of (mostly disconnected) stories. It would be a great format to adapt into a TV series, but didn't really fit into a movie.

This appears to just be a "OMG! ZOMBIE OUTBREAK" movie. Almost as if someone had the great idea to make a movie out of the best-selling book, and ran it through a mill of script writers until they got a movie that worked.

It doesn't give me high hopes.

A guy goes around the world trying to figure out what's happening, so I guess the difference is in the movie it doesn't happen after the event. It's still an exciting watch.

Maybe forget the book when you see it.

Both Pitt and director Marc Forester admit they "barely get a fraction of the book" into the film so have plenty of material to mine for a potential sequel.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27539/which-world-war-z-scenes-were-changed

Originally planned as a trilogy adaptation of the Max Brooks novel, those follow-up plans were scrapped after the project ran into trouble and required extensive reshoots.

Now, Paramount chairman Rob Moore says the studio will "actively turn" to develop further installments, reviving those plans they had previously put on ice.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27554/-world-war-z-sequel-back-in-development

ugh, either watch it or not.

all this fanboy nonsense is just noise. some adaptations are better than others. all films should be judged on their own merit, regardless of what they are called. we're talking about is 2 hours of entertainment, it aint that serious. chill, man, you might even enjoy yourself. it's not just a dumb shoot em up. i hate those.

i'll pick up the book one day

It was pretty good... I've only read the survival guide so I wasn't 'expecting' anything, really. I thought it felt a bit slow at times but mostly enjoyed the film. It doesn't need to be seen in theaters IMO. I'd wait for it on video if I could go back in time.

Anybody else surprised that Mathew Fox played an almost cameo role as the spec ops soldier that rescues Brad Pitt and family from that roof top?

I enjoyed the movie. Sure it didn`t have much in common with the book. I still enjoyed the movie.