• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Woman who convinced a community she had cancer to pay for heroin pleads guilty

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
A Long Island woman has pleaded guilty after being charged in a heinous scam in which she faked cancer to pay for a nasty heroin habit.

Brittany Ozarowski, 21, entered the plea during a 24-count indictment Monday in Suffolk County court. Prosecutors pushed for a hefty jail sentence in connection to charges of grand larceny, forgery and others, but the judge agreed to place her in a drug treatment program for up to two years instead.

According to the Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota, thousands of people on Long Island gave money to 21-year-old Brittany Ozarowski.

Read more: http://pix11.com/2013/12/11/woman-w...for-heroin-habit-pleads-guilty/#ixzz2nES02W8n

Wow.. what she did wasn't even close to right.. but what you did your Honor was!!!!!!!!
NSFW:

According to the Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota, thousands of people on Long Island gave money to 21-year-old Brittany Ozarowski.

And what about the billions spent on the utterly failed drug war.. who's going to pay that back.

Yea I remember hearing about this last spring. I guess it was in the news again since plead guilty.

Prosecutors pushed for a hefty jail sentence in connection to charges of grand larceny, forgery and others, but the judge agreed to place her in a drug treatment program for up to two years instead.......

Along with her mandated drug rehab program, Ozarowski has been ordered to pay more than $10,000 to those people who gave her money.

'Up to two years' in a drug treatment program probably means 18-24 months, which she will do the minimum of if she doesn't fuck up. And while I agree that drug users should be allowed the opportunity to enter into a treatment facility rather than being imprisoned, I think that this is in a different category since it was a lengthy scam. If it's just possession of a drug then give them treatment, but when other crimes are committed (even though they may be driven by addiction) I think that they should get like a mixed sentence of half the time in jail and the other half in treatment.

Last edited: