• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Withdrawal rules

RowdyMic

Bluelighter
I was once addicted hard to 30mg roxys and then went to heroin due to it being cheaper. I never plugged and never will. After I learned about the 3-4 day wait rule I’ve been able to randomly enjoy a night once in a blue moon with roxys.. does this apply to heroin as well?

Not really how you'd think.

If you think you switch to heroin and do it once in a blue moon you won't be able to. You'll wake up everyday wanting to cheat your rule and once you break it, its so hard to get control back (if you ever do). I HIGHLY recommend not making the switch from oxy to heroin ever even if you have in the past. Maybe you're trying to save money... but everyone ends up blowing more money on dope than oxy ever costed.

Plus--everyone who does somehow manage to use heroin like this (with "breaks") always has some residual hangovers/withdrawals. They always seem to complain about the day or two after heroin use that has symptoms mimicking opiate withdrawal. I wonder if heroin releases too many endorphins for this rule to apply.

Opiate withdrawal works on a spectrum: Not as to whether you're in withdrawal or not. You will most definitely feel something even from oxy use in this fashion eventually.

Not really how you'd think.

If you think you switch to heroin and do it once in a blue moon you won't be able to. You'll wake up everyday wanting to cheat your rule and once you break it, its so hard to get control back (if you ever do). I HIGHLY recommend not making the switch from oxy to heroin ever even if you have in the past. Maybe you're trying to save money... but everyone ends up blowing more money on dope than oxy ever costed.

Plus--everyone who does somehow manage to use heroin like this (with "breaks") always has some residual hangovers/withdrawals. They always seem to complain about the day or two after heroin use that has symptoms mimicking opiate withdrawal. I wonder if heroin releases too many endorphins for this rule to apply.

Opiate withdrawal works on a spectrum: Not as to whether you're in withdrawal or not. You will most definitely feel something even from oxy use in this fashion eventually.
Ok thanks dude that makes sense. Appreciate it

I am currently trying to quit H because I thought I could do it just a few times (had previously been clean from it for years). Now I am going on 6 months of this stupid habit and I have to find a way to CT within the next two weeks. It's nearly impossible to do it the way you are suggesting unfortunately =(

I am currently trying to quit H because I thought I could do it just a few times (had previously been clean from it for years). Now I am going on 6 months of this stupid habit and I have to find a way to CT within the next two weeks. It's nearly impossible to do it the way you are suggesting unfortunately =(

It's okay, it really happens. Opiate addiction only wins when you stop trying. Honestly it can take a 100+ attempts to quit heroin, but as long as you don't stop trying one of those attempts will work one day. I know it sounds cheesy but it's true. No one quits heroin easily that's for sure.. but eventually opiates do become boring with god tolerance and then being sober actually seems more fun in a way.

And most users relapse. We know this so relapsing in a way is an expected part of the process.

It's okay, it really happens. Opiate addiction only wins when you stop trying. Honestly it can take a 100+ attempts to quit heroin, but as long as you don't stop trying one of those attempts will work one day. I know it sounds cheesy but it's true. No one quits heroin easily that's for sure.. but eventually opiates do become boring with god tolerance and then being sober actually seems more fun in a way.

And most users relapse. We know this so relapsing in a way is an expected part of the process.
I actually made a thread in Recovery about my current situation and I would love to hear your advice if you wouldn't mind stopping by there and checking it out when you have the time =)

i was able to deny myself into getting H (thanks guys i needed ya and you helped me about 80% or just ALOT in general. so nice HR.. After the 10 mins went by my roxy dealer called and re-upped.. guy came in clutch and i had a good ole' time. Thanks again you guys, seriously.. saved my ass. enjoy your Saturdays!

i was able to deny myself into getting H (thanks guys i needed ya and you helped me about 80% or just ALOT in general. so nice HR.. After the 10 mins went by my roxy dealer called and re-upped.. guy came in clutch and i had a good ole' time. Thanks again you guys, seriously.. saved my ass. enjoy your Saturdays!

There will always be triumphs and losses. As long as you don't overdose you have another chance at freedom. Opiate addiction is a long haul war! It's good to celebrate not relapsing though :)

I hope you can find peace without it, and whether you relapse or not I think it gets easier to avoid once you adjust to sobriety just a little bit.... I miss waking up and getting the first dose. The sickness and exhausting forced highs even on the days you don't want to use is a little manipulative for a drug lol. Opiates are strangely possessive as far as recreational substances go.

But will I always adore opiates on or off them? Definitely lol. I can't complain about the high.... I just think that nowadays heroin is too risky with fent. It used to be a manageable addiction. One snort now though? It could kill a whale or get you buzzed. I wish heroin was not so forbidden so at least we'd have our users alive. Oregon is progressive though. I was only on oxy though. Heroin never felt that good to me actually... it was pure fent lmao.

Kind of wishing I had all the money back I've spent on getting high. Anyone want to buy me a Lamborghini?

Pregabalin makes CT bearable