• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Will Swallowing Heroin Powder Give Me The Same High As Smoking/Snorting

JC07

Greenlighter
As the title above^^

I wondered if taken orally will it give me a high? or will the heroin be wasted?

I will be using no.3. Also, will no.4 be better for oral use?

Unfortunately no. All of it will hydrolyze to morphine before it gets to where it needs to go. The only benefit is compared to morphine itself, oral heroin has a higher bioavailability. (Especially if you are a tolerant user.)

Heroins effects are unique due to 6-monoacetylmorphine hitting on receptors morphine doesn’t. Pretty much any route besides oral will allow at least some of the 6-MAM to reach your brain.

-GC

Orally consuming street grade "heroin" is rather risky in my opinion, but I guess so is any other way of consuming. What makes it particularly risky imo is how long effects can take to show themselves, you may be fine now but overdosing in 10 minutes or even 1-2 hours later. Unexpectedly. Also, it's harder to treat an oral overdose because the drug can still be seeping into your system after the naloxone starts to wear off. Actually, they specifically asked you which way you consumed your drugs when you come back for this reason. Especially if it was a pill you overdosed on.

(Just to clarify all ways of ingestion can be equally risky when Fentanyl is involved, its more of a time/level of unknown factor that does if for me here)

It will get you high, it's just less bioavailable by the oral route. You will need at least three times more for the same effect as by injecting/smoking.

If we were talking about Morphine, that would be the end of the discussion, but we are talking about Heroin, which is an acetylated form of Morphine. This acetylation makes Heroin 1.5-2 times more potent than straight Morphine, but much of this benefit is lost when the drug is taken orally, experiencing what is called "first-pass metabolism" in the process.

I cannot say for certain, but with this information in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if you needed 4-5 times more of your drug if taken by the oral route as opposed to vaporization/smoking. If this doesn't work for you, I would encourage you to think about rectal administration.

Using your drugs rectally will increase their potency significantly. First-pass metabolism is still experienced by this route of administration, but to a significantly lesser degree than by the oral route. This would still allow you to benefit from the aforementioned acetylation and keep you from having to exhaust your drug supply too quickly.

All you need is an oral syringe. Make the drugs into a solution and inject.

correct if I'm wrong, roa listed from strongest to weakest:
IV
Rectal
Snorted
Smoked
Injested
This is quite correct however especially with white H4, the more coloration the less pure, however regarding H3 I prefer smoking over snorting, since H3 is actually a base while you cant smoke regular H4 since its just like coke hydrochlorid, for snorting vs smoking goes that one hit off of tin foil cant get you to OD normally speaking, while one line can...

H4 is way higher quality than H3, the 3 and 4 come from steps in the production process, 3 being actually unrefined and unfished product while 4 is refined and finished.
It will get you high, it's just less bioavailable by the oral route. You will need at least three times more for the same effect as by injecting/smoking.

If we were talking about Morphine, that would be the end of the discussion, but we are talking about Heroin, which is an acetylated form of Morphine. This acetylation makes Heroin 1.5-2 times more potent than straight Morphine, but much of this benefit is lost when the drug is taken orally, experiencing what is called "first-pass metabolism" in the process.

I cannot say for certain, but with this information in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if you needed 4-5 times more of your drug if taken by the oral route as opposed to vaporization/smoking. If this doesn't work for you, I would encourage you to think about rectal administration.

Using your drugs rectally will increase their potency significantly. First-pass metabolism is still experienced by this route of administration, but to a significantly lesser degree than by the oral route. This would still allow you to benefit from the aforementioned acetylation and keep you from having to exhaust your drug supply too quickly.

All you need is an oral syringe. Make the drugs into a solution and inject.
Actually Heroin IS morphine, heroin is the street name, the medicinal scientific name of heroin is diacetyl morphine, basically meaning we are talking about an ethyl ester, diacetyl morphine passes way faster thru the brain blood barrier making the kick (the official term for when a drug reaches the brain and actually kicks in) making diacetyl kicks in with more power, as it is so that the more and the more amount 'kicks' in at once the more powerful the effect, ergo why slammin kicks in the heavyest and oral the least, also oral loses about 40% of the product when passing the liver.

This is quite correct however especially with white H4, the more coloration the less pure, however regarding H3 I prefer smoking over snorting, since H3 is actually a base while you cant smoke regular H4 since its just like coke hydrochlorid, for snorting vs smoking goes that one hit off of tin foil cant get you to OD normally speaking, while one line can...

H4 is way higher quality than H3, the 3 and 4 come from steps in the production process, 3 being actually unrefined and unfished product while 4 is refined and finished.

Actually Heroin IS morphine, heroin is the street name, the medicinal scientific name of heroin is diacetyl morphine, basically meaning we are talking about an ethyl ester, diacetyl morphine passes way faster thru the brain blood barrier making the kick (the official term for when a drug reaches the brain and actually kicks in) making diacetyl kicks in with more power, as it is so that the more and the more amount 'kicks' in at once the more powerful the effect, ergo why slammin kicks in the heavyest and oral the least, also oral loses about 40% of the product when passing the liver.

I can't believe this cat really just tried to tell me about Heroin actually being diacetylated Morphine. ;)

I'm just playing obviously, but I feel the need to tell you that, objectively speaking, 95%v of people on Bluelight would be aware of this. I'm not condescending, talking shit or anything like that. I just want you to have a better understanding of our community here. We have a lot of really smart people who know their shit and they are the ones who educated yours truly and the ol' wheel keeps on spinning.

This was partially referenced in one of my posts. We were discussing the dosage conversion for Heroin or Diacetyl Morphine aka Morphine Diacetate aka dope. One of the factors leading to my dubious calculation is concerning the acetylation of Morphine. First-pass metabolism tends to render the potency-increasing effects of these acetyl groups, rendering you with Morphine in your circulation.

Being that Heroin is 1.5 - 2 times more potent than Morphine, it's fairly safe to assume you can dose oral Heroin as if you were dosing Morphine. Just for extra padding, these metabolic processes are not "perfect". It's possible for some of this acetylated Morphine to make it to your brain and into central circulation, but we'd be talking 2%-3% or something basically negligible.

I'm a little uncomfortable talking about this though. I certainly have read certain things on this very subject, but my knowledge regarding Heroin is much less than that of Morphine or, I shiould just say, Opioids used commonly in Western Medicine.

Everyone uses Morphine. That's a given. There are however, different jurisdictions, usually nations, that tend to use alternative Opioids for one reason or another. Diacetyl Morphine is used in the UK for instance, but has no valid medical use in the United States as of today. Due to America's importance in the past century, much of our medical literature speaks specificially of things happening in America.

I think if I could read German I would hit their archives for information. Perhaps you could translate, idk. They were in the same place, #1 medically and possibly also technologically prior to World War 2. They would be condicuting this research in an era of free and open usage of Opioids. Being that "Heroin" tablets and cough syrups were a household name worldwide for some time, the information must be out there.

I would just say try it and see what happens. You obviously have experience. Just don't do anything stupid.

Alright since research seems to speak the best..

“Morphine bioavailability in heroin addicts after high-dose oral diacetylmorphine administration is considerably higher than expected based on prior data obtained with relatively low oral diacetylmorphine or morphine doses in healthy subjects or patients receiving treatment for pain (64–72% vs. 20–25%)”

“Even high doses of oral diacetylmorphine are completely converted to morphine presystemically.”

“Morphine influx into systemic circulation is more rapid after oral diacetylmorphine than after oral morphine, resulting in earlier and more than double maximal concentrations.”

“In opioid-dependent people, bioavailability of morphine from oral doses of diacetylmorphine is also 37% higher than that of oral morphine.”

“Morphine bioavailability is two and 1.5 times higher in chronic users than in opioid-naive subjects after low oral doses of diacetylmorphine or morphine, respectively.”

“Oral absorption of morphine from diacetylmorphine is dose dependent, i.e. bioavailability increases with diacetylmorphine dose.”

TL:DR - Heroin has a better oral bioavailability compared to morphine, especially in opioid dependent users and/or in high doses. No matter the dose, heroin to morphine metabolism remains complete. Although with oral heroin, morphine blood levels rise faster than with oral morphine alone. Heroin is a more bioavailable pro-drug for morphine.

If someone is an addict trying to get clean, orally consuming a supply which doesn’t fluctuate much in potency may be the answer.

-GC

I can't believe this cat really just tried to tell me about Heroin actually being diacetylated Morphine. ;)

I'm just playing obviously, but I feel the need to tell you that, objectively speaking, 95%v of people on Bluelight would be aware of this. I'm not condescending, talking shit or anything like that. I just want you to have a better understanding of our community here. We have a lot of really smart people who know their shit and they are the ones who educated yours truly and the ol' wheel keeps on spinning.

This was partially referenced in one of my posts. We were discussing the dosage conversion for Heroin or Diacetyl Morphine aka Morphine Diacetate aka dope. One of the factors leading to my dubious calculation is concerning the acetylation of Morphine. First-pass metabolism tends to render the potency-increasing effects of these acetyl groups, rendering you with Morphine in your circulation.

Being that Heroin is 1.5 - 2 times more potent than Morphine, it's fairly safe to assume you can dose oral Heroin as if you were dosing Morphine. Just for extra padding, these metabolic processes are not "perfect". It's possible for some of this acetylated Morphine to make it to your brain and into central circulation, but we'd be talking 2%-3% or something basically negligible.

I'm a little uncomfortable talking about this though. I certainly have read certain things on this very subject, but my knowledge regarding Heroin is much less than that of Morphine or, I shiould just say, Opioids used commonly in Western Medicine.

Everyone uses Morphine. That's a given. There are however, different jurisdictions, usually nations, that tend to use alternative Opioids for one reason or another. Diacetyl Morphine is used in the UK for instance, but has no valid medical use in the United States as of today. Due to America's importance in the past century, much of our medical literature speaks specificially of things happening in America.

I think if I could read German I would hit their archives for information. Perhaps you could translate, idk. They were in the same place, #1 medically and possibly also technologically prior to World War 2. They would be condicuting this research in an era of free and open usage of Opioids. Being that "Heroin" tablets and cough syrups were a household name worldwide for some time, the information must be out there.

I would just say try it and see what happens. You obviously have experience. Just don't do anything stupid.
can I ask a simple question, if I have a vial of morphine sulphate ( from pharmacy) , and it states on the vial for IV , can I take it orally ?

can I ask a simple question, if I have a vial of morphine sulphate ( from pharmacy) , and it states on the vial for IV , can I take it orally ?
Yes.

It's not that different from any other formulation, IV solutions are sterile saline.