Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Will internet orders be confiscated?

Dissociative Dream

Bluelighter
I am thinking of ordering some 5-MeO-Dipt over the net from the US.
I am just wondering whether it will get through australian customs.
PS. Mods feel free to delete this thread if it violates supply rule
thanks

There is a list of banned substances to import somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it...
This thread is fine as long as nobody mentions where on the net to order it from. Keep it about the legalities and it's fine... as soon as the question is answered, someone will close the thread... :)

Essentially, 5-meo-dipt does not appear on the prohibited imports list, and you should be safe in importing small quantites. However, customs have been known to seize 5-meo-dipt orders and hassle people.
One option is to play it safe and email someone at the TGA regarding the legality of importing it (they are helpful and do reply), and you can later use that email as leverage, if you need to:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Also have a read of:
Australian Controlled Substances, under Customs Legislation
And more specifically the list of prohibited imports:
Prohibited when importing but not exporting - Appendix A
Prohibited imports/exports - Appendix B
Dweller

thanks for the links dweller
i looked through the customs legislation before posting the thread and foxy definately isnt on there
i heard that customs people are barstards and simply dont let some substances in on whim
hopefully it should be alright :)

[Edit: Content deleted. Please refrain from making email requests. Bluelight isn't a place where you can find out how to get drugs. BigTrancer]
[ 09 October 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

I would just like to mention that I sell the EZ products throughout Australia wide only, if you order through my website www.ez-test.com.au you can buy kits that are sold cash on delivery, yes thats right you pay when you get the goods(no credit cards needed), don't worry about customs seizing what you should have free access to. The kit will be sent to your closest post office, it takes about 3 days.
If you are interested in buying large orders please don't hesitate to contact me either, just go to my website above.
Thanks,
Tristan

Also, customs can be what would you say "a pain in the backside" I have had troubles !!! They really know how to make people really pissed !!!

You might want to check to see if it indeed is a research chem that you can import it. Half these chems can only be imported for research purposes only.

Originally posted by Soma:
You might want to check to see if it indeed is a research chem that you can import it. Half these chems can only be imported for research purposes only.
Yes, these chemicals definitely fall into a grey area. As I said, the safest thing to do would be to email the TGA and get some kind of positive response. While it may not really be legally binding since its not an official authorisation or permit, it will give you some leverage if the package is seized.
Dweller

D-Dream, first of all good luck with your research experiments. ;) Secondly, some research chemical companies can, if you would like them to use a labelling system to cover the true contents of the package. However this is dishonest and can get you in lots of trouble if you are found out.
Good luck. :)

I believe, as with many research chemicals, there are provisions in those legislations (ie restricted imports, banned substances etc) that cater for just about every derivative of any substance you could possibly think of.
For instance they generally list a chemical such as DMT and then have legislation prevents any sort of chemical structure that contains it.
Originally from the Ordering AMT thread.
The isomers, unless specifically excepted, of the drugs in this Schedule whenever the existence of such isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation;
The esters and ethers, unless appearing in another Schedule, of the drugs in this Schedule whenever the existence of such esters of ethers is possible;
The salts of the drugs listed in this Schedule, including the salts of esters, ethers and isomers as provided above whenever the existence of such salts is possible.
Taken from Narcotic Drugs Act 1967 ct No. 53 of 1967 as amended, Article 51.

Originally posted by ruski:
...Originally from the Ordering AMT thread.
Taken from Narcotic Drugs Act 1967 ct No. 53 of 1967 as amended, Article 51.

Just to clarify something, AMT now IS a prohibited import and appears in the list of prohibited imports. (unlike, ofr example, 5-meo-dipt)
There are many threads in the bluelight archives which were made before AMT appeared on the list, so its important be aware of that.
Its probably also not fair to compare the importation of AMT to importing something like 5-meo-dmt or 5-meo-dipt because there is absolutely no grey area with AMT, any more.
Dweller

I recieved my order of 5-HTP from New Zealend a few weeks back and it had been opened by Australian Customs. This is the second time. They do check!

shal.. :D

Every order of 5-HTP I have ever received has been opened and resealed by Australia Post and inspected by Customs. I think it's standard procedure. IMO never try to order anything illegal that comes in capsule or tablet form, as the contents would be revealed by X-rays and inspected. Most small orders of research chemicals do not need to be packaged in a way that would attract the attention of Customs.

BigTrancer :)

Customs aren't the only ones who check the mail. I had a friend who recently ordered a meal replacement powder and some captules containing ephadrine from the US. It was opened by Australian Quarantine and the Meal Replacement was confiscated due to labelling issues but they let the Eph through no problems. Weird, but I think he was lucky.

I assume you need a permit of some sort to import research chems. What sort of info are u required to provide to obtain the said permit?

^^ if you are doing legitimate research on these chemicals then you would already be experienced with restricted chemical permits. If you want it as a drug, you would have to resort to illegal importation.

Last edited: