• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will i get hooked after 3 days clean

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
I used a week in a row, after 3 days clean my withdrawals are gone, if I use tonight will I get hooked again? They are pressed fent pills

Yes, almost for 100% sure. I was clean for 5 years and got light withdrawals after 2 uses 2 days in a row. When I have been addicted within the past month, a single use gives me withdrawals. Opiates and gabaergics produce the "kindling" effect, where your tolerance instantly goes back up and you become physically dependent very, very quickly, forever.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's true. Besides that, "just once" never, ever works. Unless you're one of the extraordinarily rare few, it will never be possible for you to use opiates responsibly, and any attempts to convince yourself otherwise will end in suffering.

Last edited:
I'm not certain of the science behind it, but once your receptors have been exposed to a certain amount of Opiates, any stimulation, no matter how small, will cause withdrawl again.

I'm not certain of the science behind it, but once your receptors have been exposed to a certain amount of Opiates, any stimulation, no matter how small, will cause withdrawl again.

Yep, this is the kindling effect I mentioned. I'm not sure why exactly either, but it's how it works. Same thing with gabaergic drugs and pretty much any physically addictive drugs. It's not actually the amount you've been exposed to, but how long you've been addicted. The chronic downregulation of receptors causes your body to be primed to re-enter that state. You could dose opiates once a week for 20 years and never get addicted and not experience the kindling effect, but the longer the time you've spent dependent, the worse it will be.