• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will I get caught tripping while parents are asleep?

Because science indicates it's a bad idea.

Oversimplified, uninformed garbage. "Native Americans" encompasses a huge range of differing cultures that you're crushing together into an unoriginal "noble savage" stereotype. And your point is absurd, as we have no data whatsoever on the consequences they may have faced doing what you're describing.

Science is also an oversimplification, psychology, neuroscience? so i think its a mistake easily done and i agree ive done it I found it simply easyer to include them all since most of the ones I know do it. So before pointing a mistake be sure you dont do the same on your comment also.. Personnal attacks are a wired way of making a point.

You know, we could really use a central thread with experiences of people tripping secretly, seeing what kind of shit happens and apparently how often may help so much more than us answering the question if you should be adult to trip.

Gonna make that thread myself, but I don't have time right now to actually make an OP

Good idea, Solipsis. Do we also have have a central "I'm 14 years old, can I take LSD?" thread? If not, we should have one. The question pops up regularly, and it would be nice to have one to refer people to.

I'm aware OP in this thread didn't ask for our opinion on his age. But my stance is that if you live with your parents you're still a kid (Your mom washes your socks, and your dad pays the bills) And kids shouldn't take psychedelics imo. You might not think you're a kid, or like to hear that you one - but you are. I'm aware this is an oversimplification, since it's quite costumary, for instance, for people in Spain and Italy to live with their parents until they are into their 30'ies.

@Mracid. There's a huge difference between "native" teenagers taking a psychedelic as a rite of maturity in a cultural context, and an immature teenage kid hidding under the blankets, so his parents won't see he's tripping. Drugs aren't just illegal in our society - they're also taboo.

Also, Kids in western modern society are much more immature than kids in "native" cultures. In these cultures you would go directly from "child" to "adult". Teenager is a quite new invention that only exists in our modern culture - We aren't emotionally or mentally grown up until we are 18, in this day and age.

To see that I am right, you only need to frequent PD regularly. Threads with teenagers scared like hell that they damaged them themselves with psychdelics are very common here. I'm sure that statistically, there's a direct correlation between age - and the rate of difficult experiences with psychedelics.

I think it's pretty simple: the human brain doesn't stop developing until the mid 20s. Before that time, your decision making and ability to process your emotions are underdeveloped. People really shouldn't introduce powerful mind altering drugs to an undeveloped brain that is still forming crucial connections and behaviors. This is true no matter what culture you're in; it's human biology.

@Incunabula. You are right I didnt consider society's rigid mode of thinking, making it (as a whole) unable to react to any situation without extreme intensity and panic. Our society is too childish for psychedelic whatever the age of the person taking it thats why its still taboo, We are not ready as a society to gain consciousness and thats why you are all shouting against, none of you considered the parents as conscious persons, mabe they might have experiance with drugs how da hell you know? mabe they are the opposite and kick him out if he gets caught? why not? we dont know these people. Choices should be made out of context and context is only something that can be seen by those included.

There is no rule that kids should not take psych as there is none that says the opposite, context does! If we dont live by context how can we say we are psychologically free?

Isn't it a little obvious that since the TS felt it was necessary to try all those other drugs in secret, it's not such an open family?

But culture still seems pretty important because teenagers are going to have access to drugs like LSD and will decide whether or not to use those drugs within a cultural context.

I would agree that it's generally not a good idea to take drugs, especially strong drugs like LSD, before a certain time period in your life. But whether or not you take drugs is rarely a question that users spend long periods agonizing over with concepts taken from biology or neuroscience, in my experience. That the question is simply being asked at all is probably a good sign (although the question isn't really "should I take these drugs?", it's more "should I take these drugs around my parents?", and I think the answer to that is obviously "no, you shouldn't")

I think it's pretty simple: the human brain doesn't stop developing until the mid 20s. Before that time, your decision making and ability to process your emotions are underdeveloped. People really shouldn't introduce powerful mind altering drugs to an undeveloped brain that is still forming crucial connections and behaviors. This is true no matter what culture you're in; it's human biology.

I'd like to point out that the answers you see in science can and are being interpreted differently. Biology is study of life form, there is no rule in biology that says anything about drugs being ALL bad for developpement like developpement is made of 1mm thin glass ,its all about context, and as I remember, Indole based psychedelics do not cause damage to the brain or slow down any mechanism of developpement, so with the informations we have now we can only say that it can distract young people from important things in life (otherwise it's purely extrapolation, altho i'd be open to knew information as long as they are not modified by personnal opinion).
Plus from what I've experianced,(see thats how we plug an Opinion which is not a fact), Indole based psychedelics do not change anything in developpement if not pushing it quicker and further(no proof simply personnal observation). Of course if you are headed wrong way in term of comfort you will simply increase your discomfort it will not have been CAUSED by psychedelics,only amplified.

All I am clearly saying is dont make life rules by which you tell people to live by, when they ask for help, help them understand the context and chose themselves. You are not better than them, I am not, no one is. Also I personnaly think that by making rules like that you are actually slowing the person's gain of consciousness (which can be interpreted as peronnal perceptual developpement)but thats only my opinion.

PS: You can see that I discarded Phenethylamine psychedelics because they are doubted to be a little hurtful by increasing the stimulating effect and creating more intense vasoconstriction.

Isn't it a little obvious that since the TS felt it was necessary to try all those other drugs in secret, it's not such an open family?

Actually I Had to take drugs in secret and when me and my brother opened up to our parents they did not say anything, they only tried to understand us. See how context is complex you cannot take anything for a fact before being proven it is.

There's no proof that any psychoactive substances are harmless to the developing brain. The gamble isn't worth it.

Do you guys think I'll get away with tripping while my kids are asleep?

Do you guys think I'll get away with tripping while my kids are asleep?

Since you should be the responsible person in the house id say wait till they are at friends or family for a tripping day/night. You never know what can happen and always need a responsible/lucid person to be there if something does.

how man tabs have you and if enough ask them would they like to join you thats the parents obviously

might not get the answer that you wanted but stranger things have happened

or maybe not

Whether you get caught or not you'll have a bad time from worrying about it. If you are still living with your parents chances are you're too young to be messing with LSD. And you should never take a psychedelic if you're going to have to be around people who can't know you're tripping

And assuming you are a young age, there is also the question of who on earth would sell LSD to you, or how you would have the experience to source high quality LSD. Your LSD could not be LSD at all unless you test it with a kit or a lab, and I'm sure the last thing your parents want is to wake up to their kid seizing and dying from an RC psychedelic overdose or going off their rocker from a bad trip (and even LSD could do the last one)

My personal experience has taught me that this is not a good idea, as expressed many times above. The mere thought that you might get in trouble is not a good thought to go into such an experience. You also run the risk of making a decision that you may not be able to fully comprehend the consequence of (sneaking out, walking into their room, playing music too loudly, etc.).

After many years of trying to hide my drug use from my parents I can suggest that the best thing you can do is approach your parents about your curiosity in such substances. As was also suggested above you may find that they are open to helping guide you through such moments in life. Honesty is a good approach as difficult as it may seem, and I don't know your parents. Mine were pretty uptight about these things growing up, but as I got older I found out that they weren't much different from me as youths.

There is some good reading I can suggest to you and them about such things.
http://www.rickstrassman.com/docs/InPaOu_C11.pdf
https://books.google.com/books?id=B...v=onepage&q=psychedelic family values&f=false
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v14n2/psychedelic_family_values.pdf

I was just kidding about tripping around my kids btw. Worst setting ever..

Take it from someone who did this two days ago: don't.

Talking to a family member while you are tripping is obviously to be avoided, they know you well so they will easily notice something is not right.

It will be the longest night of your life, you will spend the night worrying about being found out, you will have to choose between risk of intrusion or staying in bed the whole time so you can pretend to be asleep. At some point you will need the toilet and then you will have to venture into the rest of the house, this again means risking seeing your family.

Here is my personal story to give some perspective:

Im visiting my family for the holidays, its new years eve so Im off to the pub with my friends for drinks. I get in at 3am fairly drunk and decide it would be a fun idea to drop a tab (why I thought it would be a good idea is beyond me)

The tab starts to kick in around 3:45am and I put some music on my laptop, music is good and i'm actually enjoying it at this point. Being drunk and coming up on acid I loose track of time completely, I close my eyes and put my head down but I cant sleep, I just descend into a pit of nightmarish thoughts. The rest of the night is just an endless loop of staring at different parts of the room, sitting up, lying down and going to the toilet / getting water.

I remember feeling my hangover, feeling very tired but unable to sleep and listening intently to every sound in the house. Overall it was a long and painful waiting game, little decisions seemed impossible and I felt like I could not let go and let the trip take me as much as I tried. I had to talk briefly to my sister but luckily I could just play the hangover card and refuse conversation.

My lasting memory of the trip is when my mum came into my room to turn on the heating, I was feigning sleep and she said "The boy is tired." in a loving voice that you might talk to a baby in, I felt this deeply and just thinking about it gives me the shivers. When she said that I thought of all the mothers who had ever loved their sons and I realised how much my mother loves me. I can't quite describe the feeling but it is somehow sad. Anyway i guess the message is family interactions are always going to be emotionally charged and you know your family so well that seeing them on acid might give you a new perspective on family life that you are not ready for.

I tripped hard for 12 hours but it felt like a lifetime. When I was coming down (aprox T + 10H) I had to make an appearance downstairs with the rest of the family, so i buckled up and dealt with no sleep, what remained of my hangover and the lingering acid trip. I had a good cold shower and managed to make a little conversation, glad of my hangover alibi.

It was not easy and I really implore you not to do it, wait til you are independent and in control of the space you are tripping in.

When I was 17 I nearly got caught and brought to ER from taking a high dose of DXM (3+ plateau. at least 900 mgs) I was out of it, everything started out all nice I was sipping some soda and listening to music and maybe one hour later, I forgot where the soda came from and poured it all over the ground, it felt like forever, later my dad walked in maybe fifteen minutes before the 3rd plateau hit like a rock, I was able to communicate on a basic level and somehow convinced him I was having bad side effects from the new prescribed medicine I was taking, he looked at the soda on the ground and walked out. I laid in bed with the lights off for some few hours convinced I was dead and staring at the small light on the fire alarm that beeped so every often, convinced it was the only thing I knew in existence other than my own non-existence and barely able to think mind. I later learned my dad was about to take me to ER. In short . .it was a really close call and very traumatic experience.

If you're going to do drugs and want to hide your tripping from your parents, have some sort of good reason for your weird behavior . .just mumbling words "I'm sick," or "I had a bad day," if you're even able, when you're staring at a wall for an hour is pretty suspicious. Go to a friends house or something.

Also, like people have mentioned, taking drugs like LSD or generally and pyschoactive drug isn't very healthy for your growing brain. If I could take back the dozens bottles of DXM I did in the past three years I would. I'm not disabled or anything, but near-daily apathy sober isn't a very healthy sign of a nineteen-year old's brain.

Despite what every1 says I say If you KNOW you can handle it without too much anxiety than there is no universal rule that makes you supposed to wait til they're gone. I've been experiancing with Non-dissociative psychedelics since im 15 and i can tell you age has nothing to do with what will happen, the context will; user's experiance, user's level of self control, substance used, location etc.

I first tripped when parents where gone then started tripping during night and now I even trip during day and talk with them, they know I take psychedelics sometimes but never can tell when I am high or not. Altho when it comes to GABA positive allosteric modulator and NMDA antagonist (alcohol is both) I become unable to understand what is going on and unable to talk or make a sentence out of an idea.

The only danger with psychedelics is being unable to comunicate the thought you have, so the person trying to understand think you are delirious. The other danger is panic attack but chamomile or Xanax can help with that.
Also I'd leave a note somewhere near you spot with the name of the substance and the dosage written on it so if they catch you they know what you took.

PS: what you have is from what i've seen probably in the 20% chances to be real LSD 40% chance to be a derivative of LSD and 40% chances to be a 25x-NBOMe so be sure with that. Cuz NBOMe has longer duration and makes you wayyy more out of line.