• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will I be okay (question regarding tolerance & lethal dosage of ms contin)?

FunctionlJnkieGal

Bluelighter
6 days a week I take 15mg of morphine and on day 7 I normally take 300mg (as a treat). Well, around Christmas I had to be around family so I decided not to indulge that weekend and skipped my 300mg dose but I did my usual routine the weekend prior. So in other words, its been about 2 weeks since I've taken a heaping dose. A few hours ago I took 300mg and so far I don't feel like I overdid it, but I'm still a bit worried that I might get more than I bargained for once it peaks. I know that in cases of hypersensitivity all it takes is about 60mg to overdose and the minimal lethal dose for most people is 200mg. Is it possible that 300mg could be a fatal dose for me if its been a couple of weeks since I've taken that much or will I be okay? I've been taking opiates daily for about a decade, so I figured that my tolerance couldn't be lowered drastically in just 2 weeks. I just hope I'm not fatally wrong. Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I would recommend having someone with you. I can't say whether or not you overdid it, but tolerance raises and falls extremely quickly with opiates.

The only person with me is my fiance but he's in a deep, drunken sleep right now. If I stay awake should I be okay? The only time I ever felt like I was on the verge of an overdose was when I ate a whole 100mcg fentanyl patch in 1 sitting. The only thing that kept me from feeling like I was about to slip away was trying to fight the urge to sleep by staying awake, cleaning or doing any task that required me to move around, open-eyed.

Maybe call a family member or a friend you trust and hold a conversation so if you nod out they'll know something's up.

Wish I could. All my friends flaked on hanging out with me today-well, except for one, but I left before I took the pills. She has kids and I'd hate to put her through that. :(

That's the only advice I can really give, opiate overdoses can often come on without you realizing it. I know when I od'd on morphine I don't even remember nodding off, and I woke up in a hospital bed. That was a scary experience.

Fuck. I'm worried now that you mention it, but at least I'll be on guard about it. I'll try to stay awake the best I can then. :(

If you can't have someone there with you vigilance will have to do. Just be careful.

I'll probably post on here again before the day is over tomorrow if everything turns out okay. Wish me luck. :\

You know better than any of us, OP. It's very difficult and somewhat irresponsible to advise you on a proper dosage of Morphine from a remote position such as this. Part of the "learning experience" of addiction/drug usage is developing a mental map of what you can tolerate. As we become more experienced, we are typically able to select reasonable dosages for various drugs. How many drinks does it take you to get "too" drunk? This comes with practice.

You know best what you can tolerate and you need to really ask yourself before indulging. At any rate, you are not likely to die from such a dosage if you have any kind of tolerance to Morphine.