• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Will CBD Interact With the 3a4 inhibitions of CBD and alprazolam

Young n inebriated

Bluelighter
I have CBDoil SL 2500mg in the whole bottle

how long should I wait beforehand, and should I just swallow the oil or should I still SL it?

Last edited:
Are you talking about CBD?

Yes forgive me

I’m on about 4 mg of alprazolam
You might want to edit the thread title to reflect what you really meant.

But yes, CBD should assist with relieving anxiety while you're taking alprazolam. You can take it at any point.

There will definately be some substrate competition, but both compounds have a very high therapeutic index so shouldn't be much to worry about.

The level of potentiation is likely not going to be super high, CBD is likely to not gum up cyp3a4 to a large degree.

Strong substrate inhibitors like ketoconazole stick a nitrogen lone pair of electrons into the active iron which impede enzyme cycle.

This is also in contrast to mechanistic cyp inhibitors which contain a reactive group that covalently binds to the enzyme; these permanently disable the enzyme and require new enzymes to be synthesized to regain function.

Think of it like CBD is a bunch of people waiting in line at the dmv. The more. CBD (or alprazolam, but the dose is low enough that it will not be as significant) the longer the wait to the front of the line will be. Ketoconazole is like an angry customer arguing with the dmv person holding up the line for a while but eventually getting through. A mechanistic inhibitor would be like somebody driving a bulldozer through the dmv so that a new building is necessary.

And that's it for today's imprompteau pharmacology lesson.

Sorry I haven’t replied been working and phone was broke.

thank you so much for the very descriptive, and very detailed response fr fr

that’s the typa info I was looking for 🙏🏼