• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Will bluelight still exist in a decade?

My observations have led me to believe that bluelight may not be as populated as it was back in the 00s (probably because its no longer on google) but its actually doing better than it was a couple years ago ( probably because the mods got direction to back off a little, back in like 2017 they were locking every other thread). Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this... just what I've pieced together.

I think Bluelight can survive if its gets updated and evolves with the times... which it seems like it has of late. You can react to posts, and follow people etc. Those forums that don't change and have the same interface for 15 years.. they are dead.

Last edited:
For the record, no Elon Musk and Dr Carl Hart are NOT members or mods here, the user acklac7 is just strung out and delusional on meth.

I hope Bluelight still exists in a decade. Traditional forums are the best way of conversing about things, the format is so superior to reddit and other reputation-based systems, and ephemeral formats like discord, it's not even funny. I know I'll be doing everything in my power to ensure it is so.

It is certainly the case that your average drug user hitting the internet for harm reduction advice in a crisis will not be directed to BL. Almost any question about drugs on google seems to result in the first few pages of results being for-profit rehab organisations that all post very similar ‘harm reduction’ information about individual drugs but all that information is a funnel driving the searcher to links to their rehab services. It’s quite interesting the way they manage their Search Engine Optimisation using this ‘informational’ articles that are superficially neutral and non-judgemental about drug use but really just front end the whole rehab-industrial complex.

I don’t know if it is an editorial policy of Google to filter out sites like us, or the cleverness of the SEO consultants that the rehab organisations use to produce their sites.

I say no because of the level of intelligence on this site is so high in terms of harm reduction, neuropharmacology, RC and rare drugs, etc. Any other drug discussion place on the large platforms is full of retards that think methadone stay in your bones, brown speck in X pills are heroin, fentanyl is pronounced "FENT-nol" dmt is repease from your brain when you dream.
.etc.

BL user base is special because there are so many real experts on here and misinformation is quickly corrected and ppl educated.

This is different than other online releases where the ppl on the forum and moved to the big tech platform were equally as retarded

zBUN7d8.jpg

89z9Q06.jpg
I have no evidence but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this guy's reprotoire of drug problems extends beyond psychedelics..

I think he's got some sort of alcohol problem due to his retarded outbursts and public humiliating tweets. Either iced off with coke or benzo to do his alcohol with.

He always has bags under his eyes, he's got that swollen drinkers face.

He's a greedy greedy and unkind fuck..doesn't seem like psychedelics have taught him shit. He's a poser. Probably microdoses acid because coke stopped working amd likes candy flipping and thinks psychedelics are great. Based off that. I'd love to see him eat 8 grams of fire mushrooms and really face himself in the mirror.

Last edited:
My observations have led me to believe that bluelight may not be as populated as it was back in the 00s (probably because its no longer on google) but its actually doing better than it was a couple years ago ( probably because the mods got direction to back of a little, back in like 2017 they were locking every other thread). Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this... just what I've pieced together.

I think Bluelight can survive if its gets updated and evolves with the times... which it seems like it has of late. You can react to posts, and follow people etc. Those forums that don't change and have the same interface for 15 years.. they are dead.
This is a fairly accurate summary of the current situation for Bluelight.

Also something that some of the dying or dead forums may not have - is that there are less places online where you can talk about drugs. While 10 years ago there were forums for all topics, now if these topics are illegal, those places have been replaced. But ours is harder to fully replace, although Insta and FB and TikTok etc have their own drug communities of course. But there’s no reliable archive and no true community control, like we have here.

It is certainly the case that your average drug user hitting the internet for harm reduction advice in a crisis will not be directed to BL. Almost any question about drugs on google seems to result in the first few pages of results being for-profit rehab organisations that all post very similar ‘harm reduction’ information about individual drugs but all that information is a funnel driving the searcher to links to their rehab services. It’s quite interesting the way they manage their Search Engine Optimisation using this ‘informational’ articles that are superficially neutral and non-judgemental about drug use but really just front end the whole rehab-industrial complex.

I don’t know if it is an editorial policy of Google to filter out sites like us, or the cleverness of the SEO consultants that the rehab organisations use to produce their sites.
This is also accurate. It’s Google that changed its policies and algorithms to avoid showing our kind of information and generally down ranking forums. So that’s changed the way new ppl come to us and made our job a bit harder but not impossible.

I’ve been reading people posting about old forums dying out, and have heard this site doesn’t have as much traffic as it used too.

What do you guys think? Will this site still be here in 10 years?
So, my answer, is yes, we will still be here, if I have anything to do with it 😎

But in order for that to be work, we need to continue to offer something uniquely valuable. We may need to change up our offering or just work out better ways of reaching people. Stuff to focus on into 2022!

I have no evidence but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this guy's reprotoire of drug problems extends beyond psychedelics..

I think he's got some sort of alcohol problem due to his retarded outbursts and public humiliating tweets. Either iced off with coke or benzo to do his alcohol with.

He's a greedy greedy and unkind fuck..doesn't seem like psychedelics have taught him shit. He's a poser. Probably microdoses acid because coke stopped working amd likes candy flipping and thinks psychedelics are great. Based off that. I'd love to see him eat 8 grams of fire mushrooms and really face himself in the mirror.
Yes. You can't fix personality disorders like narcissism with psychedelics though.

I'm sure he does his fair share of drugs.

And I don't know about a "greedy unkind fuck" have you ever watched him on Joe Rogan's podcasts? Like where he talks about the "Sum of Humanity" etc etc? I think he's a geniunely good person, just he's the richest person on the face of this planet and catches a lot of unjust hate.

There's people who were born wanting it all, wanting riches, wanting fame, wanting all the money in the world. Elon just doesn't strike me as one of those people.

I'm sure he does his fair share of drugs.

And I don't know about a "greedy unkind fuck" have you ever watched him on Joe Rogan's podcasts? Like where he talks about the "Sum of Humanity" etc etc? I think he's a geniunely good person, just he's the richest person on the face of this planet and catches a lot of unjust hate.

There's people who were born wanting it all, wanting riches, wanting fame, wanting all the money in the world. Elon just doesn't strike me as one of those people.
If you're on Joe Rogan I don't care if youre ghandi..You've already debased yourself a few notches.

I probably watched it if it was the one where he smoked weed on the show. Of course he's going to come off as some revolutionary like he does in his Ted talks.

If you want to really know someone's character and what they think that's usually repressed listen when the alcohol is doing some talking

I think that this is actually a great thread with potential discussion that could get the user base to help grow Bluelight. With that being said @acklac7 and others cut it out with the memes please. Can we actually talk about this? It is an issue that staff discusses but I would love to talk to members about how they can help out.

Short answer: Yes, in 10 year Bluelight will be here.

More in depth, but also to the point, answer: Without a concerted effort to make people aware of the forum and site... Membership will decline and we will be smaller.

That being said, there are things every member can do. Provided, they don't troll or exhibit seriously weird ideas right off the bat... You all know who you are. Put your best foot forward, yeah? One thing that I have seen drive the site traffic for short periods of time is linking from other parts of the internet to specific threads on Bluelight. For example, the Reddit knowledge surrounding drug use and harm reduction is usually not so great. If I see a post on Reddit (or any other social platform) where Bluelighters have answered it better, I'll link over the thread. In high traffic posts, this causes spikes in traffic from Reddit to Bluelight. For every 100 clicks, and this is not hard data but my estimate, we gain some lurkers and one or two members. How long those members stick around, I don't know. Linking back to BL, his is called "backlinking". I believe is one of the best things we can do to circumvent not showing up on Google in the top results. If we make people aware that our users are experienced, knowledgeable, and can be trusted that's awesome. If I can I will also suggest one of the socials because that is often why people stick around. Right? We aren't here to always talk about how to clean meth or shoot hexen into our eyeballs. We stick around because this a cool community of like minded people.

All of that being said, you can't spam the shit out of anywhere. My connection with Bluelight is known to some Reddit admin and mods. If you're over on any social media platform and someone wants to know about drugs. Give them the forums link and recommend a few forums that might be helpful for them.

This makes you less anonymous, but that's why I like Reddit. However, as I have grown more comfortable in my role and being able to own my past, present, and self I have recommended the site to people without associating my account name. It's enough to just say "I'm a member and I think that this might be really interesting and helpful. Check out Other Drugs and then go over to the Psychedelic Drug Discussion's Social thread. You can ask questions and get to know the users. My favorite forum is Drug Culture (I know it's probably The Lounge but I can dream)."

Is that something that any of you members or mods bouncing into this thread would feel comfortable doing? What are your thoughts on all of what I've written?

Edit: Glad to see @Tronica in DC! We've talked about backlinking. It really can't be done by one person. It needs to look like a community of people that care reaching out to the less informed parts of the web.

For the record, no Elon Musk and Dr Carl Hart are NOT members or mods here, the user acklac7 is just strung out and delusional on meth.

I hope Bluelight still exists in a decade. Traditional forums are the best way of conversing about things, the format is so superior to reddit and other reputation-based systems, and ephemeral formats like discord, it's not even funny. I know I'll be doing everything in my power to ensure it is so.
i sure hope so, if im here or not, it will be so helpful and treasured for Blighter and the new to come
Screaming Euro 2016 GIF by Sporza

Agree with everything. Bringing people from those other places into Bluelight is a good way if you see something that would apply. I wrote a short essay on it a second ago.

I say no because of the level of intelligence on this site is so high in terms of harm reduction, neuropharmacology, RC and rare drugs, etc. Any other drug discussion place on the large platforms is full of retards that think methadone stay in your bones, brown speck in X pills are heroin, fentanyl is pronounced "FENT-nol" dmt is repease from your brain when you dream.
.etc.

BL user base is special because there are so many real experts on here and misinformation is quickly corrected and ppl educated.

This is different than other online releases where the ppl on the forum and moved to the big tech platform were equally as retarded
Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

star park GIF