• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Will anyone know if you have a medical marijuana license in Florida? Specifically, will a pain management doctor know?

angel8

Bluelighter
Will anyone know if you have a medical marijuana license in Florida? Specifically, will a pain management doctor know?

I can only speak for Ohio but many states have the same system. Most actually. So when I was a medical marijuana patient my suboxone doctor would not only see that I was a patient but each time I made a purchase at the dispensary would show up on my controlled substances report he runs at each appointment. I mean it was very specific too. It new the name of the strain and everything.

So yes. I would put money on your doctor knowing. Is there a reason you would have to hide it? My sub doctor was cool with it. I think most doctors are on board.

You could always say your taking it for something unrelated to pain like PTSD or something. Best bet is to be honest about it and upfront.

I
I can only speak for Ohio but many states have the same system. Most actually. So when I was a medical marijuana patient my suboxone doctor would not only see that I was a patient but each time I made a purchase at the dispensary would show up on my controlled substances report he runs at each appointment. I mean it was very specific too. It new the name of the strain and everything.

So yes. I would put money on your doctor knowing. Is there a reason you would have to hide it? My sub doctor was cool with it. I think most doctors are on board.

You could always say your taking it for something unrelated to pain like PTSD or something. Best bet is to be honest about it and upfront.
I take opioids for a nerve condition. The pain management said no medical marijauna at all. I get drug tested. I still smoke it, but just make sure to stop about 7-10 days before my appointment so I test clean. (I'm a light smoker, so that's all the time I need.) And I always test myself before going in. With all the fentanyl going around, I would just prefer to get medical marijauna than something from a dealer. But based on your reply, I don't think that's going to be possible.

With all the fentanyl going around, I would just prefer to get medical marijauna than something from a dealer. But based on your reply, I don't think that's going to be possible.
I don't think that is a legitimate concern. Weed is weed 99.99999999% of the time. Any reports of cannabis laced with stuff are generally fear-mongering by media outlets.

I don't think that is a legitimate concern. Weed is weed 99.99999999% of the time. Any reports of cannabis laced with stuff are generally fear-mongering by media outlets.
I hope it's not a legitimate concern. I've never really been worried about it, but then again I've bought medical marijuana for years before needing opioids. I just hear about so much fentanyl these days and thought it could be a concern. At the same time, I'm like where is all this fentanyl plaguing our country? I want a little! Lol!

I hope it's not a legitimate concern. I've never really been worried about it, but then again I've bought medical marijuana for years before needing opioids. I just hear about so much fentanyl these days and thought it could be a concern. At the same time, I'm like where is all this fentanyl plaguing our country? I want a little! Lol!
Generally people aren’t lacing weed with fetty. Likely a non issue. Most of the reports are media BS, but sometimes drug dealers are lazy. So if you’re buying your weed from someone that also sells fetty then there’s a minute chance that some may get in there because these dealers are sometimes lazy and not wiping their scales off before switching to a new drug however it would probably be such a minute amount that it wouldn’t faze you.

No one is deliberately lacing weed with fetty. I think you are fine especially if you get it from a dealer that does not sell fetty.

I think you are playing with fire here. Only because your opioid script depends on your urine tests. I know that you quit 7 to 10 days before the UA and that may be working for now but eventually your urine is going to have THC metabolites in it and when you test yourself and pop positive you will have to make an excuse as to why you can't pee yet. Putting off a UA is a big red flag to most pain Dr.s. They know we are trying to buy time.

I mean I know you like to smoke weed.....who doesn't? And i know you are being careful and not smoking much but THC is a tricky one. The more you smoke the more you run the risk of NOT being able to eliminate it in time and now you re stuck making excuses. And putting yourself in a position where your Dr. can be a jerk and yank your script. Because he's gonna start suspecting something if you ask " for a few more days to pee because you are gonna be out of town". It's just a big risk anymore nowadays and if you have an opioid script you should treat it like gold.

Or.....if you think the weed will control your pain you can just give up the script and go with weed only and smoke as much as you want. And if you live in FL they have some killer weed down there. Never heard of fentanyl laced weed before but in this day and age who knows. I can see dealers putting it in powdered substances but sprinkling it on weed would be pretty noticeable I would imagine.

Main answer to your question though is just be careful with the weed smoking while you are under a contract with a pain Dr. because they don't fuck around anymore. Pee dirty and you're out. I wouldn't take the chance but that's just me.

I’ve been doing this for 2 years. I only get tested 4 times a year. It’s not hard to pass. I smoke very little. I usually test clean after 7 days of not smoking. On the months I know I will be tested, I give it up for 2 weeks. An 1/8 lasts me almost 6 months. That’s how little I smoke. Not giving that up and not worried.