• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

well, they won't post the pic. It is called RENEW LIFE paragon kit. If you add the Alpha clean home drug detox and drink as much water as possi'e fro my experience, I'd say it works!

It's called "re-new" life Paragon kit. I think it's about $30 and they have add on products and vitamins (don't they all these days? lol!)

edit... out of context. I've never had stimulants help me through withdrawal though - and I have tried meth and fishscale when it has been really bad. It just doesn't help me in any way at all, but might for you.

Treefa, I have been very emotional unstable lately it is a rough time of my life due to a woman. I have already relapsed and taken ungodly amounts of dilaudid one day. I am not clean at all, I am a dirty little junkie =D

I only made it 11 days. I own up that I was being a douche in withdrawal man. Have a good one eh.

Last edited:
Really, ShroomySatori? You read the title of the thread right??

Well IME a combination of (first of the day; 8mg immodium to keep that sphincter tight!:) Temazepam & Adderall(or Ritalin) works wonders for the...uhhhh....wishing you were dead? Anybody else get that?

Sometimes I'll even(when in dire straights, obviously) take a little Tramadol(don't do this if you care about your life...fortunately for science, I don't), then a few hours later 15-20mg Temazepam, and 30 mins later or so a small dose of amphetamine or Ritalin.

It's all in the dose, really, as well as you're individual biochemistry, which people on BL can't edumacate you about, so use a little common sense, a little discretion, but most of all just listen to you're heart....if it starts sounding like the bassline to a 2-chainz song, you did too much.

And seriously?^^^this guy again??

Nobody on Bluelight wants to be clean, or at least if they do they're in the WRONG SECTION!
This is OTHER DRUGS for fucks sake, not clean living, dude...get off the high road already.

But yeah, Dopamine is dopamine....you're brain doesn't care if it's from agonism of the Mu receptors, or from good ol' Dexedrine. Only difference is the stimulation, which is easily countered and with a pretty nice synergy in the right combination.

P.S. the only way I personally could function without opiates would involve massive amounts of prescription amphetamines, alcohol, and I guess some of the better-feeling benzos. And probably a drug from almost every other class of narcotic....so don't preach about clean living in a thread that asks about USING AMPHETAMINES FOR WITHDRAWAL. LOL!

The Makers of this Thread OBVIOUSLY do not want to get clean right now.....so stop it...stop it. Take that shit to Healthy Living, ShroomySatori.....I know your kind:|
Self righteous pot-healers...with all your hippy dippy "marijuana isn't a drug" kind of stuff....go back to oxycodone withdrawal, SS, go anywhere, just get off the high road.

P.S.S. Preachinging Sobriety on a drug forum? I'm disappointed in you, ShroomySatori...I had higher expectations of someone with such a cool name.

But yeah amphetamines never hurt anybody...withdrawal, no withdrawal...just take your diarreah medicine and put on your big-boy pants. And if you don't need any amphetamine, don't fucking take it! Common sense no?

Different things work for different people. I've heard a few people in the U.K. Saying the when they've I.v'd amphetamine speed (sulphate?) whilst in wd's it's really helped. I've never tried it and don't think I would. Personally I believe that heavy sedation is the answer, if your asleep then you can't feel the wd's right? Think I read that the speed releases dopamine or some other chemical in the brain so when your in wd's it makes you feel a bit better. Perhaps if I was bad and there was no sign of getting any H or literally anything else i.e. Benzos, pregabs, weed then I might be tempted to try it on the basis that if you bad you won't be sleeping anyways so might aswell get high on something just to take your mind off it. I done 7 days H withdrawal with access to only alcohol and dxm/promethazine based cough medicine and although it was tough it certainly helped me get my head down on a night, like I said earlier I'm a firm believer that if you not awake then you won't suffer.

As far as background info goes, I recently moved for work, had no connections of any kind, and I was coming off of a 1 1/2 year IV heroin habit of roughly a gram per day. I was a speed fan when I was younger, but I hadn't really done any form of an upper other than sporadically in about 10 years.

I did have the advantage of having roughly 2 weeks before I started my new job. The only things I had in my tacklebox for the WD was a few .5 mg K-Pins, a few 30 mg Adderalls, some Imodium and some Tylonel PMs. I was extremely hesitant to try the amphetamines because I knew how the come down could exacerbate my WD symptoms. So for the first 2 1/2 days I spread out the k-pins to try and sleep at least a little bit. The morning of day 3, after spending roughly 12 hours reading opinions on the matter and weighing the pros and cons, I decided to give it a go. I started by breaking a pill in half and taking a dose of 15 mg. I was nervous, but once it kicked in I was feeling much better. I was able to get some things done around the house and it kept my mind focused so I wasn't constantly worried about how bad I was feeling. I used the Imodium as needed and the Tylenol PMs to help with the come down. The next morning I took an entire 30 mg tab and the other meds as needed. Then each day after I cut the dose in half until they were gone. I still didn't feel great, however, I was def feeling better than if I had nothing. Also, I was able to be somewhat productive and being active made me feel better about myself. With all that said, keep in mind you may have a different reaction. So start with a low dose and go from there. Overall, I feel as though amphetamines can be very helpful during opiate WD if used correctly.

How good you feel and how the comedown is will also depend on what stage of opioid withdrawal you are going through. I have found stims like amp and coke to be helpful in days 3 and after, where I can handle the opiate w/d once the high is gone. It is only a temporary relief and remember that if you are prone to depression you may just want to avoid the whole thing altogether - it is NOT fun going through the depression. Unless you have an unlimited supply of stims on hand with benzos to boot. But that is another story for another time.

Not entirely relevant to the OP, but clearly relevant to some of the responders...DO NOT TRY TO QUIT BOTH AT THE SAME TIME IF YOU ARE A LONG TERM CONCURRENT USER! I had to do this when I went to the Suboxone Dr (drug tests) and it sucked sooooooooo bad! Even on the subs, im talking debilitating depression for days. Maybe it had a lot to do with the fact that I wasn't looking to get totally clean all and once, I just wantes help breaking my 12+ Years of daily opiate use that had started with Lortab 5s and escalated to Roxy 30s & then up to .5g/day of H. But of those 12 years I did not touch speed and I had quit cold turkey with no issues previously. Opiates, esp H, are a whole other story and like so Many people I could not kick for more than a day or so on my own. Any who, just my 2 cents. But yeah, going on subs I do wayyyyyyyy more speed and that plus Benzos really helps.

Never gone through opiate WD, but my experience with Benzo WD would be similar.

I would stay away from stims, they lower seizure threshold, and depending on how sever the opiate WD that may be a bad idea.

if you are super depressed and think you might kill your self, then maybe i would pop a few stims as a last resort.

the only other valid reason i can think of would be that a stim could help if you have a severe head ache.

the only valid reasons i would use stims for WD is if your suicidal - it would help boost your mood, or if your really tired of having a headache - stims might help.

But if your totally depressed and feel as if you might kill ur self, stims may help in the meantime, coke will help much more then addies, but both have a comedown, and u will be even more depressed and suicidal after the fact..so it's a double edged sword on that one, I would just stay away..
unless u have a crazy big supply...

Call me crazy but meth is getting me off a half-decade heroin addiction. Last night I was done, suicidal, ready to end it all. I had 100 Kpins counted out and a bottle of percs. Instead, I took around 30mg of meth spread out over 12 hours. I honestly feel like I'm rolling, but more in control of myself. What the fuck? I mean, I can still feel the complete shit, wishing-you-were-dead opiate withdrawal (it's just day 3) but these are helping SO MUCH. What the fuck? Is this the cure for the unholy? I mean, it's totally counterintuitive. I even have a panic disorder so you'd think I'd be freaking out. I didn't sleep of course, but eventually I will crash.

Btw I sniffed coke all day before trying this. It did fuck all and it was shiny fishscale (def decent coke). It helped a tiny bit, but NOTHING like meth. And it made me more anxious.

My main issue is suicidal depression in withdrawal so I think that's why it helps so much - but even the restless legs, the feeling of my upper arms being burned alive... that shit goes away a teeny tina bit. What the fuck? And yeah what am I saying the physical symptoms are by far the worst and this drug helps that.

In my opinion, and I totally thought the opposite before, most people who fall in love with opiates to the point of encountering suicidal withdrawals are not really stimulant people. Binging for a week or 2 to get through the acute withdrawal (depending on dose, duration of use, etc.) it's not gonna kill you if you have an okay heart. The opiates are. Trust me. I was gonna slit my wrists last night and I feel like I'm rolling right now.

And long term opiate withdrawals are WAY worse than a two week 30mg oral meth "binge" - seriously, this is a half-decade of ruined lifetime. I don't give what the fuck drug it is at this point if it helps. I'm going to die from the opiates before I hit 30yr. I def agree there is a price to pay at the end of the day, but the physical agony, wishing I was dead feeling is the worst for me. I can deal with some recovery depression. I was in physical fucking agony before taking these low doses. They definitely help but yeah... not for everyone. I don't feel like I'm being burnt alive anymore though, so I carry on getting the FUCK off this shit.

YES YES YES THEY WILL. Just like Heroin helps with Meth comedowns due to their opposite nature they reverse each other in a sense

Yes. Even phentermine has helped me through withdrawal (in addition to reasonable doses of lope). A low level muscle relaxer and sleeping pills are a must.

KRATOM KRATOM KRATOM. Take Kratom for opiate withdrawals. I am 8 days clean from oxy 30s and Kratom was the only thing that saved my life. You can buy it at most headshops and some gas stations, as well as online. Smoke some weed after you take it and you'll be in pure euphoria.

Kratom made me too nauseous, it's not for everyone (just like tweaking, haha) but it def helps a lot and some people have gone from IV heroin users to kratom drinkers as a substitute. It hits the same mu-opiate receptors I think, whereas tweak is like the opposite effect and levels you out. Weed can help of course especially with appetite. Damn, I haven't smoked pot since last September since I got too into heroin. I kinda wish I had a dab of shatter right now, as I haven't really eaten in days. The tweak exacerbates the already present appetite suppression in opiate withdrawal, but what it does for the emotional state is truly magical.

I'm still going strong into my tweaked out opiate withdrawal. I was sniffing heroin or taking well into the 100 mg's of oxycodone and I'm down to 40mg/day now. It has been a rough ride but without the speed I honestly think I would have failed. I was feeling suicidal, and when I took it, I almost forgot that I was in withdrawal and started watching a movie. I've been tweaking for a few days now and finally crashed this afternoon, so it's like you get some sleep when you crash as well, as opposed to, if you are like me, staying up night after night depressed staring at the wall wishing you were dead and thinking about how you never should have fucked with the dope to begin with.

I don't necessarily want to outright quit but this is really helping me right now. Just gotta watch out not to become a full time tweaker. I'm kinda surprised at how much I like the stuff. I personally found it similar to a more emotionally controllable version of MDMA and I prefer it to any Md I've ever had as I like to be in control of myself, and Md makes me like people too much. So there's that to think about too, if you are trying it with tweak... shit's addictive too, in a different way, and probably fries the old noggin too judging by how high I've been in the early stages of a horrific heroin wd.