• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will 1 day of use send me back to the beginning?

Edit: I don't mean to an asshole, but there's no way of saying this without sounding like an asshole. You're not going to hear the answer that you're looking for. Just go and do what you've decided to do, because it's obvious that you already made the decision and just want some affirmation, which you're not going to get. You're asking questions that have already been answered. Sometimes you just need to eat enough mud to decide you've had enough, and you haven't had enough yet.

Very well said. Aint being an asshole if its true.. u know that right OP? i been there.. i know how it is.. eventually u just wont want to be sick again.. at keast i got to that point. if your not there, u know whats coming... u know exactly

Well, you done it now anyway, and there's all ready plenty of answers.. But I will add anyway - in my experience, using in this situation is far worse than using in isolation. It's hard to guage exactly, save to say it's a lot worse than using once-off when you've either never suffered from WD, or not in a long time.

put this thru your head john...

'there is no just ONE more time'

you're going to keep telling yourself that, and by the time you know it you'll be back to where you started, and the W/D will be worse!

Yes, I hear what you all are saying but I really do believe I can use this one time and stop.... I'm getting them delivered soon and even though I spent all night thinking I'd just throw the away, I know I'll use them... I'm just scared because I finally feel like a human being again and it'd suck to make it all go away

It has now been 26hrs since I've used and so far zero WD symptoms... Maybe I won't experience any after one one day use after all

Last edited:
Well I guess you were all right.. I used tuesday after 10 days clean and after 72 I started getting more WD's... It feels different than last week or maybe I already forgot but for the past few hours my legs have been killing and I just feel like shit and I am so fucking tired... I fucking hate having to work like this, I just want to sleep.. Being on my feet 8 hours is simply torture... I just want to stay clean now and not depend on a drug for my well being anymore

yeah man, we weren't just talking shit for the sake of it! we've all been there, and opiate addicts are very predictable! lesson learned? in my experience with opiates...no.

seriously mate, try and stay away from them, theyll fuck you right up.

Yes, it's a permanent damage. Opiates you seriously become part of your life. Not cool to be addicted 4life.

Opiates suck fucking monkey balls. Well they are awesome, but only temporarily. They totally fuck over and take over your brain and soul and life and they turn into a cold bitch soon enough.

Hey JL I've been using since. I plan on going back on subs starting Sunday and I get 30 8mg subs thurs and plan on staying on subs for awhile. It's clearly I can't use once a week.

Well I have decided to stay away from PST for a while at least since I'm looking for a better job and can't afford to fail a drug test

But yes opiates clearly are some sneaky motherfuckers... I found out my boss at work had surgery and had 15 norcos and spent a big chunk of my shift thinking about how to approach her to buy them and before I had a chance she tells laughing "I'm not going to sell them to you".. She knows about my hydro addiction last year...
And just now I saw a member of my family with a bottle of Tylenol with codeine and I'm already thinking of how I will do to get my hands on them... I can't for a while since I'm afraid of drug tests but this never stops

And since I'm back in the last stages of PST WD I want opiates more than I usually do just to make this shitty feeling stop... But will definitely not be using PST for a while, WD's lasts waaaay too long, rather go through Hydro WD

Last edited:
Hey JL I've been using since. I plan on going back on subs starting Sunday and I get 30 8mg subs thurs and plan on staying on subs for awhile. It's clearly I can't use once a week.

Well you won't be able to use recreationally until you WD and stop being physically dependent... I'm extremely close to being completely fine without them and then I intend to go back to the way I have been for years where I would use every few months when I got any... My intention is to try an forget completely about PST, its long half life makes the danger for those long WD not worth it...

Like these Tyelnol with codeine someone in my family has.. I'm really excited about that and that's the way it used to be before... PST is too accessible and that is a bad thing.. and that damn half life man, I fucking hate that.... Well who am I kidding, I'd prolly use but only once a month or so, it's too dangerous

in my experience 12 years was not long enough to use once and get away with it