The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Wilderness Programs - Forced Rehab

BlueHues

Bluelighter
I was getting my powder in Winston from a family, idk how big, I just dealt with 2 brothers & 2 guise they had put on, though I know there are more involved, but they would drive up to Detroit & come back with the grammes. Impossible to meet if you don't know their clientèle. The big tar guy in King had a few people in different counties working for him, but he got popped last year.
Now I'm in Asheville & I was getting shitty tar from Charlotte, but now my guy has met someone who's got a lot of powder. It's supposed to be fucking great, but I tried a bag that was shitty. I'm trying to stay off though, so idk if I'll try any more. I think this guy is also based out of Charlotte, but I'm not sure.

Were you by chance in a wilderness program in the Pisgah national forest near asheville that made you light fires with two sticks and shit like that? There was a kid from Georgia that I was in rehab with in New Haven Connecticut that was in that program.....don't know what it's called....

I moved this post along with the other ones on this topic into their own thread. -Tommyboy

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha nahh man, I went through a year-long programme called First.

Were you by chance in a wilderness program in the Pisgah national forest near asheville that made you light fires with two sticks and shit like that? There was a kid from Georgia that I was in rehab with in New Haven Connecticut that was in that program.....don't know what it's called....

i think you are thinking of "Outward Bound"

that was the original one that was like that, but there's tons of programs called "wilderness programs" all over the country now that cater to 15-20 years old behavioral/drug problem kids....I ended up in an aftercare program with a lot of kids that had been to them...

Those private wilderness programs dont even have to be licensed in some states. Kids die all the time from tje gross negligencr of staff. If your interested check out the troubled teen industry sub forum on reddit.

I was in one in Utah in 2004. All kinds of broken laws in those shits. For real look up WWASP programs lawsuits on google and see

Damn nowdub that sucks some horrible stories out of those hell holes. I was almost sent to wwasp clone in Georgia when I was in high school. I am thankful my parents are smart enough to know bullshit when they smell it. But since then I have stayed interested in the topic it amazes me the shit the same assholes get away with. Its like the same 5 mormon assholes running the same con state to state. Fucked up country

^^yea my parents considered a wilderness program or military school at one point somewhere around sophmore year of highschool so ~15yo

thankfully they changed their minds, i think my dad was all for it but my mom wasn't sold on the idea of shippin me off

^^yea my parents considered a wilderness program or military school at one point somewhere around sophmore year of highschool so ~15yo

thankfully they changed their minds, i think my dad was all for it but my mom wasn't sold on the idea of shippin me off

Yeah I dodged that bullet when I was a kid too. Ha. Thank God.

HaHa they waited till i was 17.5 years old to send me to the place i went to, so when i turned 18 i pieced outta that place with 30$ and a bus ticket to provo UT. Called the homies and had a plane ticket home 5 hours later

^ I guess that's the kind of place that my friends ex went to. From what I heard he was awoken at night to some guys ripping him out of bed and dragging him to the airport, flying him out to Utah (or somewhere like that) where he stayed in the wilderness for a month. I remember hearing that he came back wearing the same socks that he had on when he left, having worn them the whole month. He was under 18 at the time and his parents had money so I guess they could afford to send him away like that.

He ended up dying of a heroin overdose a few years later so I guess it didn't work out to well for him. Come to think of it everyone I know that has died of heroin overdoses had gone to rehabs that their family had forced them into, or at least gave them an ultimatum of rehab or the streets (so still basically forcing them to go).

That's why I feel like interventions don't work. Give someone the option of going to detox/rehab for free, and let them decide on their own without threatening to cut them off from all contact if they don't go, and they will eventually choose rehab if they really want to get clean. Most people that actually want the help can't afford it, and those that don't want the help yet because they aren't ready to stop are the ones that are given the opportunity, so it's no wonder that the people forced into rehab end up dying. They come out with a lower tolerance and pissed off at the fact that they were forced to go away for a month, so that's literally a deadly combination for a heroin addict.

Yep thats how they do it. I went willingly not having to be kidnapped. I was down to check out a "boarding school in Utah" but basically tricked. Shit was crazy man

It seems like UTAH is the big place for theseWilderness Programs......That's the place I keep hearing about them being

They have some fucked up child abuse/custody laws in UT is why. Basically your parents sign over 51% custody of their children and pay 5k+ a month. The school credits i got out there weren't even real so i had to get my GED instead of graduating with honors credits in high school. No one at those places is hardly certified. The people that work there daily not the medical staff and shit are all just people like we were that could of very easily been there as teenagers.

Mine wasn't a wilderness program though. http://crosscreekprograms.com/

I grew up hunting and shit. My parents knew I would hike my way outa one of those places.

nah nigga your in a desert..... you dont just hike outta the moab with no supplies. They take those kids way out and the only people around know what the kids are wearing and shit with the uniforms and all. So if you did make it someone would be a snitch on you. We had one guy run off and steal a car one day and made it all the way to the border of Cali and got arrested and came back.

nah nigga your in a desert..... you dont just hike outta the moab with no supplies. They take those kids way out and the only people around know what the kids are wearing and shit with the uniforms and all. So if you did make it someone would be a snitch on you. We had one guy run off and steal a car one day and made it all the way to the border of Cali and got arrested and came back.

My white skinned ass would be burnt to a crisp in the desert. Fuck deserts I like trees and water. Really glad I didn't have to go to one of those programs.

It was definitely a waste of about 60k for my parents. I came back and was doin the same shit the next month. And it seems like those places had a high rate of suicide and drug abuse afterwards. Which for the drug abuse i can say definitely is true.

It was definitely a waste of about 60k for my parents. I came back and was doin the same shit the next month. And it seems like those places had a high rate of suicide and drug abuse afterwards. Which for the drug abuse i can say definitely is true.

Yea I fell like a lot of people are traumatized by the experience and probably end up using more afterwards to deal with it.

My biggest problem with rehab is that if you relapse after it you feel like you just threw it all away, so go back to your old ways. That's why I think that people are better off just using until they are ready to quit in their own (and then either go into a rehab on their own, or taper down) or can figure out some sort of balance between using a living a half-way normal life. But these rehabs put such an emphasis on never using again that it makes people feel like they ruined it all and wasted time, money, and the experience, which makes them want to continue using to forget about it. Whenever someone I know that was at rehab has told me that they relapsed, it was as if rehab was a waste.

Mod note: I am going to make a separate thread for this wilderness rehab discussion.