• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

why take drugs?

Yeah ABRA don't worry, if you take the time to write something that long back to everyone who disagrees with you you'll be writing a loooong time.

BertTheChimneySweep said:
Yeah ABRA don't worry, if you take the time to write something that long back to everyone who disagrees with you you'll be writing a loooong time.

lol. yeah so true.

i take them, because i work hard and want to enjoy myself..

i rely do not like this 'stigma' and stereotype that seems to be associated with people who take drugs. I mean sure, there is some very bad drug users out there.. but they are the lesser percent.. and the ones that seem to get all the media attention!

Welcome ABRA,

If you spend enough time on Bluelight you'll soon realise a few things:

1) The vast majority of Bluelighters are just regular people whom you see on the street every day, and probably never think them to be a 'user' based on their appearance or anything like that. Most of us just use drugs recreationally and want to do so in as informed a manner as we practically can.

2) There are also quite a few people on here who use drugs for much more than just 'fun.' If you check out The Dark Side, Other Drugs and Steroid Discussion you'll read posts by people whose lives literally revolve around drug use - whether they're gym-junkie obsessing over the latest steroids, or people who've been taking anti-depressants for years, or if they're unlucky enough to be fighting an opiate addiction.

3) Then there's people like me, who don't indulge in full-blown drug experiences very often, but for whom those experiences are still a huge part of life. I personally have had experiences on a certain class of drugs (called psychedelics) which I can say without hesitation have changed my life for the better, and at a very deep level. Why do we do it? Because these experiences have changed our perception of reality and life so dramatically (in a good way :)) that we now regard these drugs as sacraments, and the experiences which result from indulging in these sacraments are without a doubt spiritual. More on this here.

So, these three types of Bluelighters are only really united by the fact that they take drugs - their reasons for doing so differ greatly.

Enjoy reading these forums. Think deeply about the intelligent posts. IGNORE the stupidity that you find on any forums. You seem like a very level-headed individual and I'm sure you'll find the experience very educational.

Peace

Last edited:
Black Octagon said:
Welcome ABRA,

If you spend enough time on Bluelight you'll soon realise a few things:

1) The vast majority of Bluelighters are just regular people whom you'd see on the street every day, and probably never think them to be a 'user' based on their appearance or anything like that. Most of us just use drugs recreationally and want to do so in as informed a manner as we practically can.

Great post Black Octagon. I have to especially agree with your first point. On meeting me no-one would think me a drug user (in the stereotypical sense). I'm 30 years old, I hold down a respectable, well-paid job.... dress conservatively... I'm university educated and well travelled. I don't go to raves or clubs, I enjoy drugs in the privacy of my own home, or at small parties with my friends. You'd be very surprised how many people here are very similar to me. BL has a major AB percentile membership as well as the odd teenage experimenter ;)

I came to drugs late - I was 26 years old when offered my first pill. It wasn't something I ever thought I would do. But the person who offered it to me was a trusted friend, and I took a little 'step into the abyss' you might say, not knowing much about the drug itself.

After that first experience with MDMA I was a convert. It was one of the most amazing nights of my life. I was a lucky one though. I hadn't researched or learned about the drug - as most people unfortunately don't - and fortunately I had a good experience. Actually to be truthful MOST people will probably have a good experience, the stories you hear about in the paper are anomolies. But there's the odd one who doesn't react well, or drinks too much water, or doesn't test their pill - and they're inevitably uneducated and naiive. That's what this site is here for: to make sure that doesn't happen.

Anyway back to the story. Being the curious intelligent (I hope) person that I am I wanted to learn more about what I'd just experienced. That's how I stumbled apon this site. Initially starting out in the drug forums (which make up only half of bluelight these days) I learned an incredible amount from experienced people about how to use the drug sensibly and protect my health - things like taking supplements, restricting usage to only once every few months, eating well, drinking the right amount of water, and where to buy a test kit so I knew what my pill contained. I also discovered a forum (Pill reports) where I could type in the name of my pill and see other user's experiences with it. Warnings about certain pills were posted with huge black type as a scrolling announcement, so I knew which to avoid. As well as this, Aus Drug Discussion debunked a lot of myths about MDMA I was sure were true (because I'd heard in the Herald Sun ;) )... heroin in pills, glass in pills, that sort of thing. I came out armed with the information I needed to make sensible decisions.

If I hadn't stumbled apon Bluelight I would have taken the drug again anyway. There's no doubt about that. We should not fool ourselves: drugs will be taken, but will those people know what they're doing? That's what Bluelight provides: simply a resource to keep kids sensible about it.

Yeah there's the odd fun thread about drugs because yes - it's fun :) But overall, you'll find any "boasting about how many drugs I've done" threads will get closed; any searching for dealers or contacts instantly closed, any dangerous or misleading information is quickly and often harshly ;) corrected.

Finally I came onto bluelight for the drug information but stayed for the people. There are some amazing people here. I have made some of my best friends through this site, and it continually interests and challenges me. I can't say that about any other internet site I know, and I don't have a long attention span.

=D

^ Well said SLM and welcome ABRA
I don't do drugs to escape or when im down I do them when I am in a great state of mind and just want that little bit extra in my day. I am a acid fan and it has shown me that reality is what we make it and yeah its kinda cool when that walls melt :D . I have lived with heroin addicts and yes it did affect there lives in horrible ways and some have left this world, I also have lived with regular, semi-regular MDMA, Acid, speed user's and yeah a great bunch of informed life loving folk. I think Bluelight. Pillreports and Erowid are very important information sites that are so desperately needed seeing that Government and other authorities seem hell bent against harm reduction, and I must say that Bluelight has a vast group of people from different culture's and lifestyles that mix together in a usually friendly and fun way. Its great to hear different opinions and I hope that you can see that all drug use is not bad ABRA and I will never put someone down that does not use them good onya buddy and again welcome :)

Peace LOve and Mungbeans

When people ask me about drugs its very hard to describe the feelings. So i say

"Life is black and white, and drugs are like colours"

actually, i deleted that post a few minutes after, since i didn't read ur reply... i hope you noticed that...

ABRAKADABRA said:
Why call me a moron because I have a different opinion to you. We can all put our different opinions across in a mature intelligent way without having to resort to that...isn't that what forums are for? I accept your opinion on things and respect that so why the need to call me a moron and tell me to fuck off...you say that i'm closeminded but you are the one putting me down for having a certain opinion. (i am not trying to judge anyone here, i just want to learn more about something that is a really different world for me) Am simply asking why people take drugs so i can have a better understanding of it, thats all.

Also if you read my other post you will see that I did in fact take the time to read the forums and listen to everyone and in fact changed my views and realised that people can take drugs and have balanced lives. and i realised this site was about harm minimisation. I did admit that I was in the wrong by jumping to conclusions because i have seen the extreme view of things. i also said that i cannot fully understand because i am not a drug user.

you're telling me to 'fuck off til i have something interesting to say' but i am reading the forums to LEARN...isn't that a good thing? to have someone with different views read the forums and then realise its all about harm minimisation...i thought changing peoples opinions and making them more informed nand educated about drug issues was a good thing?

you call me closeminded but then why would i take the time to read everyones ideas and opinions about drugs and try to understand everything related to it???!

as i posted above, i am sorry for the mean reply, and didn't think anyone actually got to read it - since i felt like a dick, since my girlfriend pointed out ur second post - you do have a valid opinion, and i appreciate that - sorry for making a dick of myself - don't take any heed to that first post - welcome to BL, and i hope you find the answers your looking for

Zaineaol said:
actually, i deleted that post a few minutes after, since i didn't read ur reply... i hope you noticed that...

ahh sorry i didn't know you deleted it. guess we both misunderstood each other!

Why not do drugs? Why not TEMPORARILY alter your perception?

If you think this is a foolish waste then:

Why travel?
Why meet new people?
Why listen to new songs?
You're obviously in to clubs, why?

I think you have to realise there's a right way to do things, there's a wrong way to do things and... I don't know how to finish this sentence...

Party on Wayne!

I think it is fantastic to have you as a member bro, its good to hear your different view and those views changing to hopefully if you become interested enough to experiment and understand why we all feel so strongly about our substances

work, training, alcohol, smoking, spending, arguing, loving, drugs, gambling, sex.....over indulging in any of these will result in heartbreak and or damage, moderation is the key and recreational drugs are fun in moderation.
1. research
2. know your supply
3. dont take anything that you dont want to
4. test
5. DONT LET DRUGS RULE YOUR LIFE....because they really do feel good

if done right rec drugs can enhance your night out NOT MAKE YOUR NIGHT OUT
your post gives me the impresion that you are curious about rec drug use, if you chose to indulge do it with experienced people. respect the high or it will bite you on the arse, love your everyday life and people in it......some of my most memorable nights (and days) have been out dancing and talking to my friends and strangers. If you do indulge prepare to experience something that you will in the morning say WOW

Pleonastic said:
My point is, that if a drug user is willing to take the time to train themselves in the risks and benefits of their activity, it can easily be done with a minimised risk. And if you can understand and reduce those risks as much as possible, then the positive effects are there to be enjoyed.

Damn straight. Since I started taking drugs in February I have learnt major amounts of information from this site and others (erowid comes to mind) about responsible use, effects and interactions with other drugs. I don't for one minute think there isn't risk at all times.

<3 to Pleo.

Great first post. You summed it up in one hit. I love the relation to skydiving v's drug taking. Its so very very true.

Just to clarify a few things. Yes drugs have shown me more positives than negative over the last 6 years. Im proud to say I hold a fantastic job, have moved around Australia and have a wonderful long term r/ship... so it goes to show that drugs dont " fuck up everyones lives "

Why I take drugs??? LIFE IS TOO BORING SOMETIMES... I enjoy the B side ;)