• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Stimulants Why isn't Adderall available in Europe?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I live in the Republic of Ireland and it's much harder to get ADHD meds prescribed than in the States (but to be fair I think it's much harder in every country). When you do get stimulant meds, it's either Straterra, Ritalin/Concerta, or Vyvanse.

My doc told me that no doctor can prescribe Adderall as it's unlicensed. He isn't sure why that is but I wondered if it might have to do with the fact that Adderall can be abused through other routes of administration? Vyvanse is a pro-drug like codeine so no point in snorting or injecting it.

Must be the nanny state in action.

Reactions: CFC
Yeah, it's more than likely to prevent abuse, although lisdex and methylphenidate can totally be abused.
May I ask why you want Adderall? To abuse it? (Lolz.)
Do you have ADHD? Tbh I'd be more than happy with vyvanse!

I once had a vendor from the US who was willing to send me his Addy to Germany. I loved it. It's pure d-l amphetamine without all the caffeine and toxic byproducts and I had no comedown. It's really hard to find a US vendor who ships internationally. Does anyone know how dextroamphetamine compares to that? That's something I could easily procure.

Dextroamphetamine (or dexamphetamine) is the ingredient in Adderall, isn't it? Pretty sure that's the isomer that's the most euphoric and fun. @fastandbulbous is that right? If you can get good quality dexamp then that will be great.

"euphoria is side-effect"-mentality basically

tjat's in the states too, but it seems like there is so well developed monetary incentive and lobbying that it compensates it. Maybe too well, I'd like to see both offered as equal tools.

These things seem to be pretty culture-related. Vague basis on science, it is relatively political. Every country has its own arbitrary fuck-uppery. Try to get well. 💚

Last edited:
I once had a vendor from the US who was willing to send me his Addy to Germany. I loved it. It's pure d-l amphetamine without all the caffeine and toxic byproducts and I had no comedown. It's really hard to find a US vendor who ships internationally. Does anyone know how dextroamphetamine compares to that? That's something I could easily procure.

Dextroamphetamine (or dexamphetamine) is the ingredient in Adderall, isn't it? Pretty sure that's the isomer that's the most euphoric and fun. @fastandbulbous is that right? If you can get good quality dexamp then that will be great.

Dextroamphetamine is one of the stimulants in adderall. It’s a combination of Dextroamphetamine and amphetamine salts

Some consider 50/50 to 75 dextro/25 levo more recreational than pure dextro.

Here in Finland amphetamine is very hard to get, you need to have serious issues with methylphenidate to get it prescribed. Which is just stupid.

I live in the Republic of Ireland and it's much harder to get ADHD meds prescribed than in the States (but to be fair I think it's much harder in every country). When you do get stimulant meds, it's either Straterra, Ritalin/Concerta, or Vyvanse.

My doc told me that no doctor can prescribe Adderall as it's unlicensed. He isn't sure why that is but I wondered if it might have to do with the fact that Adderall can be abused through other routes of administration? Vyvanse is a pro-drug like codeine so no point in snorting or injecting it.

Must be the nanny state in action.

Sort of, I guess. ADHD was slow(er) to gain recognition outside the US, and so by the time it was, many of the more, uh, 'newsworthy' fear stories about kids on stimulants had filtered through, and that's probably why there's less support for medication and poorer uptake, and why the available meds are those (generally) perceived to be less abusable.

Dexamphetamine is like d-meth, but without the shitty side effects (neurotoxicity etc). Half a dozen 10mg dexies and I'm ready to talk someone to death, while completely repainting the house (even the cats avoid my incessant gibbering!)

Yeah, it's more than likely to prevent abuse, although lisdex and methylphenidate can totally be abused.
May I ask why you want Adderall? To abuse it? (Lolz.)
Do you have ADHD? Tbh I'd be more than happy with vyvanse!
Vyanase is fucking wonderful. Just like black bombers of old...

Actually, if I could afford it (I really can't, short of a lottery win,), I'd get a whole load of tartaric acid and do fractional recrystalization of street speed (once I've removed the fucking caffeine), to isolate the d isomer.

Because, as Oscar Wilde put it, "we are two nations separated by a common language"
We have amphetamine, the US has amfetamine. We have Dexedrine, they have Adderal.

My take on it is either:
A) stop fucking with the language or
B)stop calling it English

PS. It's amphetamine because it's a contraction of AlphaMethylPHenEThylAMINE. No fucking letter 'F' to be seen anywhere.
And we're entitled to be arrogant little fuckers because, for 1% of the world's population, we gave humans THE international language (none of this, "nouns have a gender" shite, as well as the industrial revolution. Just accept we are right, you are not...

Brought to you by the F&B for PM campaign! 🤣

Last edited:
Because, as Oscar Wilde put it, "we are two nations separated by a common language"
We have amphetamine, the US has amfetamine. We have Dexedrine, they have Adderal.
It's amphetamine over here too (US). Adderall (generic - dextroamphetamine/amphetamine salts) is definitely the most common stimulant though methylphenidate (Ritalin/Concerta) are also common, Vyvanse (lisdexfetamine, maybe where you're seeing the F) has gotten bigger in recent years, though not all insurance plans pay for it (mine wouldn't cover it for instance), but we also have dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) which I take an extended release form of. I find street speed/racemic amphetamine as well as adderall to have more of a noticeable body high/load - more muscle tension but also more energizing in certain ways. Dextro is what I like, and the extended release means I still get a bit of a boost in the mornings, but I don't start to feel all strung out by early afternoon.

My take on it is either:
A) stop fucking with the language or
B)stop calling it English

PS. It's amphetamine because it's a contraction of AlphaMethylPHenEThylAMINE. No fucking letter 'F' to be seen anywhere.
And we're entitled to be arrogant little fuckers because, for 1% of the world's population, we gave humans THE international language (none of this, "nouns have a gender" shite, as well as the industrial revolution. Just accept we are right, you are not...

Brought to you by the F&B for PM campaign! 🤣
I think it's the Aussies that call it dexamfetaminne

That's entirely y'all's fuckery to deal with 🤞🤷

The only thing that piques my interest about adderal is the 30mg IR version. Otherwise, I rather have my pure dexamphetamine. They stopped selling Dexedrine over here and instead it's now produced domestically under the brand name Attentin. It's available as 5mg and 10mg IR tablets.

We got lisdexamphetamine (vyvanse as well). But in Europe the tradename is Elvanse.

Methylåphenidete is available in many XR versions like Concerta, Medikinet CR and Equasym Retard. The only IR methylphenidate you can get here is Medikinet. Its available as 10mg and 20mg IR tabs.

The only thing that piques my interest about adderal is the 30mg IR version. Otherwise, I rather have my pure dexamphetamine. They stopped selling Dexedrine over here and instead it's now produced domestically under the brand name Attentin. It's available as 5mg and 10mg IR tablets.

We got lisdexamphetamine (vyvanse as well). But in Europe the tradename is Elvanse.

Methylåphenidete is available in many XR versions like Concerta, Medikinet CR and Equasym Retard. The only IR methylphenidate you can get here is Medikinet. Its available as 10mg and 20mg IR tabs.
Yeah, my niece got diagnosed with adult ADHD and I advised her to go for methylphenidate. I know dexedrine is more fun, but she's not that big/heavy, so I thought ,"minimum appetite supression". Hence she gets Ritalin (methylphenidate) and is a shitload more organised now