• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Why is salary $ such a high influence on students university degree

I'm with the "do what you love" people. Obviously within reason.

I study literature, because I love it. I wouldn't be able to study something I didn't love, and just the idea of devoting the majority of my life to something I have no passion for depresses me. I studied anthropology for one year at university before, and while I found it interesting, I wasn't passionate about it, and on top of that I wasn't so optimistic about future careers.

I don't expect to be totally rich. I'm just hoping my boyfriend will be and then I can marry him :) Or if that fails, dump him and find myself a nice millionaire/billionaire =D. In all seriousness though, I don't expect it to be too difficult for me to find an ok job. I don't need to be filthy rich to enjoy life. I might do a postgrad in teaching and work as an expatriate in exotic, warm countries ;) That would be a good life.

Kilgore said:
Also, how is Australia lucky?

It's just a saying here that reminds us of how lucky we are to live here rather than alot of other countries.

It would certainly seem as though we're alot better off than the average american citizen in terms of govt. provided services, etc. though