• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why is kava so underrated?

I don't believe the liver toxicity stuff about kava - I've taken heaps of it and have my blood checked every three months for medical reasons and my liver levels are always good.

That said, kava on it's own does absolutely nothing to me. I have friends who swear otherwise, and have left benzos and booze for kava.

The magic for me, with kava, was combining it with booze and kratom. I had a few experiences with massive kava doses, a little kratom, a little weed, and a little booze, that were absolutely amazing. It felt like I was on a strong narcotic. Total relaxation and strong euphoria.

I guess the bottom line is that kava is a godsend for some folks in that it provides non-depedence forming relief from bad anxiety, and a real alternative to addictive drugs like benzos.

yeah I had that strong narcotic effect last night on kava plus weed, it was incredible, I was enjoying more than I used to enjoy heroin

Right I've added 30g of good quality Kava root powder to 400 mls of coconut milk, (with some syrup and toffee flavouring!), have blended it well and am now wondering how many mls of liquid do I need to drink?

Also can I just drink the mix or will I really need to strain it?

Many thanks for your advice

Wow, that sucks. I used to think I had it bad living in the USA but just like you I have learned to appreciate plants and herbs over pharmaceuticals and synthetic drugs and I now actually feel quite lucky with what I have access to where I live.

I can legally buy:

- Medical cannabis as well as potent edibles, hash and concentrates
- kratom
- kava
- San Pedro cactus
- Psilocybin mushroom spores
- Aminita Muscaria mushrooms
- DMT containing plants

That's more than enough to keep me happy really and I feel like such an idiot for wasting so much time and money using alcohol, benzos, cocaine and opiates which did nothing but ruin my life. I am much happier using herbs. They seem so much less harmful and sometimes they are even very beneficial. I also have learned to appreciate kratom over opiates. It doesn't completely take over my life the way opiates do. For instance, when I do heroin my mind is so sedated I can't meditate or focus on any of the activities that really interest me like reading (I always nod off if I try to read a book) or spirituality and pretty much all I think about is when I can have my next shot of heroin. With kratom on the other hand, my mind stays clear and alert and I never feel a need to compulsively redose it.

Just curious but what "DMT containing plants" are legal where you live??

reminds me of a benzo but without the exaggerated drowsiness; lack of the alprazolam buzziness in the extremeties, but pleasant and subtle.

have had weird side effects with chronic use in the past, i suspect it may have played a roll in a case of epididymitis i had a few years ago. felt like when i would take it, someone had flicked me in the balls. went away upon ending kava use.

taking it again recently, i thought i felt a tinge (down there)... not sure if psychosomatic.

form: extract in capsules

I've tried Kava a lot, every way I could think to try it, and it's never worked for anything but the mildest anxiety symptoms. A lot of people have had this experience too, and with Kava, the effectivness depends on how many alkaloids are in the particular strain you have and what form/who you get it from. It's never been consistent in my experience. Benzos are very effective, almost immediatley and strongly, Kava is pretty weak in comparison. I knoow people who swear by it, but in general I imagine most would find benzos to be much much more effective, although riddled with risks

It's underrated cause probably like at least 75% if not more of the people who have tried it get nothing more than a mild buzz at least, if not less.

I do tend to wonder if there are better methods of making it I haven't tried, but overall I think it's just very weak and ineffective as a substance.

I'd also like to add, that while Kava is effective and good for mild anxiety, almost ALL of the kava I've come across has been worthless. The drug store/health store/vitamin store brands of it are always a dissapointment. They come in pills, extracts of every strength you can think of, powders, pre made drinks, tea blends, stc etc etc.

All of that stuff is substandard and if it even works you will likely experience only marginal effects. To get "good" kava one has to find a source that has fresh, unprocessed, good kava from a good growing environment and a good growing season. It takes a lot of effort to find good kava, and if you don't know someone who actually already has some good kava, you wont be able to find kava tat will work well in an afternoon if you're in a pinch. For me, the only option for "good" kava would be online orders, and even that varies wildly in quality.

Its not an easy "no brainer" kind of decision to use kava, most people feel like its a waste of time and money after they try a drug store, locally avaliable brand once or twice.Once they feel that wat, whats the point of trying to find an online vendor and waiting weeks to get it of ots only marginally effective?

The best way to take Kava is in chocolate whole milk. Stir/shake extremely well before ingestion, if the texture is an issue use a french press to remove the plant fibres.