• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why doesn't God just kill Satan?

Here we go again. Just because you may have suffered in life or see it around you does not mean that there is any evil consciousness possible. The worst we have to fear on this planet is stupidity. As stupidity is the lowest form of consciousness.

There's no devil, yes. But as science comes closer and closer to proving intelligent design, (If you are intelligent, you have your proof) (If you are still trying to accomplish this, don't take offense.) (Intelligence or stupidity is neither a compliment or insult.) we are becoming closer to the proof so many seek. Intelligent design is proof that we have an intelligent creator. But some are too blind to recognise any of it....Take your time.

Because then he couldn't rub Satan's defeat in his face. God is a vengeful dick like that.

She has nothing to worry about so why not make it work for her. The evil on this earth comes from us, not some fallen angel.

Because stories need conflict.

After all, what would the world be like without Captain Hook?

I'm mean, he can do anything right? He's omnipotent. So...why not? He could do it in the blink of an eye and wipe out hell and the evil in the world.

If evil was taken out of the world, we would go extinct.
All human to human evil is a component of our evolution and if we did not do the small bit of evil we do as compared to the much greater good in evolution, we would go extinct.

As we evolve we must both cooperate and compete. When we cooperate, all is good as no victim is created. When we compete, we create a loser to those competitions and the losers would feel that evil has come his way.

As to from the Christian perspective; the ancients seemed to know the answer to your question better than todays poor apologists who cannot explain why, at Easter, they sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan.

The paradox for modern Christians is that they call what was necessary to Yahweh's plan, our fall.

The complete opposite to what they sing and also opposite to the Original Virtue that the Jews read into Eden as compared to the Original Sin that Christians interpreted for the same story/myth.

Satan is Yasweh's loyal opposition, and without A & E eating of the tree of all knowledge, there would not have been any sexual or moral awakening in man and none of us would be here as there would not have been any knowledge of reproduction.

As you can see, I have no problem of evil that so many argue about. Either you thinking nature or god, this explains the problem of evil. It is a small eveil within the greater good of man living and thriving.

Regards
DL

because god and satan don't exist?

because organized religion would have nothing to make you afraid of?

call me crazy...

alasdair

Your crazy, but not enough to not see the con game that religions are playing on the most weak minded and gullible of us.

There aught to be a law against con men like the religious liars. No?

Regards
DL

Because satan is god and god is satan. They are both god and hold up the dual balance. Reality needs evil to exist. Evil is the fabric of time and space and all of reality.

Dual balance?

Do you see as much evil as good?

Statistics seem to show a lot more good than evil within most of us.

Regards
DL

God doesn't kill Satan because he gives us the choice to be good or evil..or at least that is what my dad just said lol...

That is completely against what the scriptures say, but from your dad's more simple view, he is correct.

God is said to create our natures and we must follow those regardless of Satan or Yahweh. Scriptures also show Yahweh to be a lot more satanic than Satan.

Just count the bodies to confirm this for yourself.

Regards
DL

She has nothing to worry about so why not make it work for her. The evil on this earth comes from us, not some fallen angel.

I agree.

Would you rid the world of evil if you could?

I would not and explain why in my first reply to the O.P. in post 53.

Please see if it matches your insightful thinking.

Regards
DL

Do you have stats on your view?
Sorry, mate: Cannot prove the existence of negative.
I am in the world on a daily basis and all one has to do is look.
What have you? Scientific data that changes one second to the next depending on who it profits?
Let us see, please?
Thanks you.

Because stories need conflict.

After all, what would the world be like without Captain Hook?

Someone mention Joseph Campbell above.

He would agree that the good guys in scriptures are just what he called Heroes of 1,000 Faces.

A here cannot show his heroism without a foe.

Regards
DL

Sorry, mate: Cannot prove the existence of negative.
I am in the world on a daily basis and all one has to do is look.
What have you? Scientific data that changes one second to the next depending on who it profits?
Let us see, please?
Thanks you.

Kind of pointless if you do not trust the stats provided by experts in their field.

I have a short link that you might view and a longer one that may be too long. If you skip to the end of it, that is mostly where a Mr. Pinker speaks of the stats. He also has his own Ted talks and other links that go deeper in explaining the stats.

For a quick personal confirmation though, just look at the small evil in you as compared to the greater good in you. If you are normal that is. Here's hoping.

I happened to find a link on the statistitian in my library. Bonus.

Regards
DL