View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why does DXM have entirely different effect on me after many uses

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tolerance, if that's what it really is, seems virtually permanent, but I know that isn't uncommon with dxm. Well I have mostly stopped taking it, I've only tried it a few times in the last six months.

Has anybody had any luck reversing this tolerance? I know it is doubtful, but worth asking, since this seems to be the definitive forum for drug info.

My depression is bad and unresponsive enough that I am currently prescribed d-amphetamine and klonopin, and my psychiatrist will let me try most anything. But nothing comes close to dxm.

DXM gave me my emotions back, which was really the greatest benefit of it. I've been a soulless, personality-less shell of a person for eight years, other than that one month of dxm abuse. Any ideas on how dxm does this or any substance that could give me this effect? I've tried ketamine, but it seems to numb me emotionally, opposite of what dxm did. And yes, I have tried and continue to try talk therapy, which hasn't helped me at all.

I just got out of a "DXM" binge to get my "true self" back.. It seems to deactivate a lot of defense barriers. "Not caring" is a defense mechanism. What are you afraid to care about? Or afraid to feel? What's in your soul or personality that you can't accept sober?

DXM lets me talk to myself. I learn through words in an ADD mindset (It doesn't matter if that's true, it only matters 'cuz that's how I see myself). My friends are buttheads so if I need good conversation I drink cough syrup and talk to myself. But a few times I've done this without the DXM. I'm just getting out of like my sixth one-month-long binge (over 3 years) and am reluctantly realizing the DXM was just wasting my time and mental health.

If I'm in a deep hole, it lets me figure out how to get back to my normal again. But it's not a good tool because I always get hooked on it.

Last edited:
Drugs don't kill depression, it's stupid to bother to try to find a drug that does.

Actually... if you are not mentally stable, you shouldn't even be doing drugs. No offense, but it's for your own good... too bad most people do not realize it until it is too late.

DXM was the perfect drug for me. At low doses it destroyed my depression, made me feel alive again, greatly increased my mental clarity, gave me energy, etc. etc.

After using it regularly, usually at these low doses, it's effects on me changed drastically, and now it is like I am taking an entirely different drug. Now there is 0 trace of the above effects, and instead dxm causes muddled thinking and a general feeling of malaise, which had absolutely no place in my previous experiences of it.

This seems like something very different from tolerance. What is going on here?

If you take too much DXM the magic will disappear. Then you're left with the reality. It's just cough syrup, it just makes you dizzy, and it just makes you confused. I used to drop all inhibitions with only one shotglass of Delsym, and became my own show and I loved it. Then I learned about chugging full bottles, and I thought I had found the most beautiful lifestyle in the world. Not too long after that I dribbled like a retard and lost control of my shifting vision. If you're taking low doses like you claim, you gotta space out each dosing by like, a week. It's about the plateau. If you hit 2nd plateau, you wait 2 weeks. This is for your own good, trust me, I've been there. It's a piece of my life story.

basically it was a case of tolerance aswell as the experience losing losing its message because you had gotten so used to the mind state it produces it just lost its novelt over time.

And as it seem the question has been answered, im going to be closing this thread :)

Any further DXM questions you have, plase refer them to The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Second Plateau

Status
Not open for further replies.