• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do you use psychedelics?

I take them for all the reasons there are to take them. I don't use psychedelics, psychedelics use me.

I take psychedelics in order to communicate with my own subcontious. There is a part of my brain, and I expect everyone's brain, that sees everything and pieces it all together. When I take psychedelics I dive into my own head and look around objectively. I can see what I've done right, what I've done wrong, and where I should focus my energy with a clearity that I just don't have in sobriety.

Havent used a lot, but here is my thing. This applies to all drugs not just psych's.

They say we only use a very small percentage of our brains. So I'd like to know whats in the other 90 something percent. I kinda like to think drugs open up a pathway to other parts of our minds that we dont use.

Its interesting and always fun to me, to explore myself this way. Regardless of whether an experience is fun, bad, difficult, learning, or whatever, I feel I've gained something every time.

My original purpose: To become happier.

My newly reformed purpose, partially due to experience: To find my inner truth/inner light, to see and align with what IS.

Though I sometimes grapple with the first purpose. Get it outta mah head!

To clear out all of the weird shit that my mind does to me, or puts on me; for visionary insight and to review the way I live & interact with the world.

to learn about my mind, consciousness, reality, and the sheer awesomeness of simple joys and making everything new again

To gain insight into myself and my friends. A group of friends and I have been kin of pyschonauting around. We have come up with so many awesome ideas, and learned a lot about one another. This is why I love psychedelics

oh my god. i got so deep into philosophy i forgot all about the laughing my ass off!!!!!! OMG i think im going to cry... im such an acid head and for fuck sakes how could i forget about the best parts?! maaaannnnn im sorry.. ill never do it again

oh yeah.. Im pretty sure i did it because of the way it made me feel... I liked the vibrations... and the fixing... then there was dancing and singing and yeah it goes on,

Why do I use psychedelics?

-TO GET FUCKED UP!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I say that with a certain humour involved.
I take psychedelics, trip, have a good time, and what not but so far they haven't really producted any religious experiences... nothing GROUND SHATTERING, least I don't think so.

But I prolly have learned a thing or two here or there.. I mean I deifnitely have, but I don't go out seeking them is my point. I just take them seeking a good time, thats all.

But I prolly have learned a thing or two here or there.. I mean I deifnitely have, but I don't go out seeking them is my point. I just take them seeking a good time, thats all.

Yeah, when under the influence of psychedelics its all about how far your willing to explore certain aspects of your mind.

I know alot of my friends only 'trip for fun' they dont really let themselfs go too deep.. they'll always make sure there with someone when tripping because they dont like to think to much when on it.. they more prefer the 'sensory fuck'. - Which dont get me wrong.. is pretty damm awesome.

Why do i use Psychedelics?

I mainly use them as a tool for self-improvement on myself, my ego, my interaction with society.. understanding human emotion, and basically getting to the CORE of society,reality and everything that where 'lead' to believe..

I've tripped for fun at times too.. i do enjoy it.. nothing is better for me then dancing to some psychedelic trance in front of a $15,000 sound system.. that's an experience for sure :)

But at the same time i seek out the potential the drug offers.. insight into the mind.. i push the boundaries when im on it.. i'll go deep to the point of looking like i've gone insane.. but the way i see it is, to fully reap the rewards and benefits, you have to go through hell first. - This is how i understand ego death.

It all comes down to your willingness to venture deep down that rabbit hole. For a few trips, i came to the conclusion that it couldn't show me anymore.. i understood so much of it that.. nothing really 'stood out' anymore.. all it took was for me to accept that and try find out if there was more too it before i was engaged in what i can only describe as an unbelievable power of the human mind.

Don't get me wrong, its not that Im opposed to exploring the mind or consciousness or what have you, I just don't take mushrooms or whatever psychedelic thinking or trying to specifiically have a religious experience or whatever... if that happens.. cool.. if I get all deep.. cool, its almost always fun.

I use psychedelics to learn something about myself or the universe or someone else.... to learn and to have fun are the top 2 reasons.

The thing is, I come from a long family line of shamans and witches... which is kinda neat but on the other hand irrelevant. The point here being, this information has probably very much influenced my life in the aspect of psychedelics. Someone said a shaman is his own first patient, and to be able to help others he must first cure himself. Some believe all shamans are more or less schizophrenic (or what modern western medicine in lack of a better term would classify as such), and this is the "illness" they must overcome, the "initiation" of the shaman.

This all seems very fascinating to me. I realize the modern society doesn't leave much room for shamans, and it would be pretentious of me to claim to be a shaman in the strict meaning of the word. On the other hand, I can try to learn what I can using the same methods the shamans of old have used, and if I can succesfully integrate what I have learned to my life I may find something beneficial to me and the people around me.

I firmly believe psychedelics are one of the missing puzzle pieces of the modern society, and many people could benefit very much from not only what they can teach us but the experiences themselves, the knowledge that there is more to this life than what you can see, smell or touch.

To see how far down the rabbit hole really goes....

I found happiness in psychedelics from the very first trip. Literally, my first acid trip killed my depression, i saw reasons to enjoy my life and to be happy with simply being alive.

That afterglow doesn't always have to fade, sometimes it makes enough of an impact on your mind that it sticks around.... for better or worse, it can easily change your life.

Its amazing how such a small amount of chemical can completly destroy the way you have seen the world all your life....

Something as small as a grain of salt can drastically change your perception. To me this is fascinating.

Some people will live their entire lives without a psychedelic experience out of fear of something. What is there to be scared of, your own mind? There are some things that have shaken me up, such as salvia. But it does not make me hate the chemical or fear it. Those experiences teach us how much the mind can really take, and teach us how much respect these chemicals deserve. I do not regret getting into psychs at all, it has changed me for the better. I am happy with who i am, and i would not be who i am had i never done any of the psychs.

Yes Jamaica, but I believe psychedelics are not for everyone and yes you could accuse me of eliteism.

As to why, well to enhance and sometimes escape normal reality as perceived.

To explore the many regions of consciuosness and sometimes the lack thereof.

Sometimes an experience could be loosely described as spiritual. Though I hate that word, which I think is pretty meaningless. Also as an agnostic, I'm sometimes suprised by were I end up on my journeys.

And sometimes just for fun. Yes I feel psychedelics can be fun! :D