Cycle Advice Why do some recommend donating blood? And how do you know its necessary?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I'm just curious why some people recommend donating blood or basically losing blood. Someone had told me I believe it is because steroids cause the blood to become thicker? Someone wrote that they literally would just drain blood from their neck artery / vein into a tupperware... sounds horrific I know and unsanitary and I wouldn't be going about it that way.

How do you know you need to donate blood? Is there a test? And why is this practice followed?

You get a blood test - hemacrotic? That tells you if you have thick blood - I wouldn't worry too much if you are sensible with your dosing and do a couple o.f things to minimise estrogen buildup - like inject smaller amounts every day. I only know test tho - dunno how other juice affects it.

The idea behind repeated whole blood donations while on any AAS is due to polycythemia, or an increase in red blood cells. Some people react an produce a lot of hemoglobin and jump up their RBC pretty high. I was always told that it was keen to donate blood when your hematocrit got above the high normals under the guise that it would hopefully reduce the liklihood of a cardiac issue developing. Also when you have very thick blood you tend to run a higher BP than what is recommended and start to put strain on a lot of other organs.

I know there is a lot more complications to it than simply just removing blood and you're good to go. If I remember correctly too frequent of donations in an attempt to offset a runaway RBC level can lead to depletion of other nutrients unless you are specifically supplementing them.

As was mentioned earlier, thick blood is not good for your health long term. People on just trt end needing therapeutic blood draws to keep hematocrit in range sometimes. My blood is naturally on the thicker side. Plus you're doing something that'll help save lives.

I have a prescription to donate every 3 months to keep hematocrit within range, to lower hypertension..

Reason as a matter of interest (assuming it was not a lighthearted comment and which would make my “Heart Smiley” appear to be insensitive)? Not compelled to answer if it’s a medical reason of course and that you’re not comfortable sharing.

Heh, it was mainly a lighthearted comment. But I have had hepatitis and filled my veins with all manner of shit over the years. Plus my blood/alcohol content is off the scale these days... :\

I smoke cigarettes by the container load and have always done so. My blood would be very thick were it not for the fact that I take aspirin and paracetamol on a daily basis in the form of headache powders. But years ago my GP told me that I should donate in order to thin it out. Either that or stop smoking. Never did either of course. Still around and healthy as a horse. But donation on a regular basis will thin blood out. Under normal circumstances not a bad thing (unless you’ve got other underlying issues and your blood is too thin to begin with).

I smoke and use large doses of AAS. I'm not sure but I'm assuming my blood is thick as maple syrup. Gonna get a RBC test ASAP.

Let's not confuse different types of "thickness". You can have thick blood due to platelet issues, and you can have thick blood due to elevated rbc numbers. Aspirin will not lower hemat/rbc.

Let's not confuse different types of "thickness". You can have thick blood due to platelet issues, and you can have thick blood due to elevated rbc numbers. Aspirin will not lower hemat/rbc.

Thank you for this info good to know

No fucker would ever want my blood. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...

I would expect that a great many bluelighters aren't eligible to give blood.

I've had a whole bunch of deferments.

Disqualified for injection drug use (used to be lifelong, now 5 years here)
Disqualified for having ever had hep c, lifetime.

I also used to to be disqualified for having traded sex for drugs/money for drugs but that's only a 1 year deferment and has long since elapsed.

Basically nobody wants my blood. :p

I would expect steroid users to be technically unable to donate either given that also usually involves unprescribed self injection.

I smoke cigarettes by the container load and have always done so. My blood would be very thick were it not for the fact that I take aspirin and paracetamol on a daily basis in the form of headache powders. But years ago my GP told me that I should donate in order to thin it out. Either that or stop smoking. Never did either of course. Still around and healthy as a horse. But donation on a regular basis will thin blood out. Under normal circumstances not a bad thing (unless you’ve got other underlying issues and your blood is too thin to begin with).

Aspirin doesn't thin the blood, it stops platelet aggregation if you wish to dilute, or reduce the viscosity of blood drink water..

They test your blood for anything that can be a detriment to a donor. If you know that you're clean, you should be fine. As for the hep c, I'd wait until you're still all clear after discontinuing meds after a prolonged period of time (such as with harvoni). After a while and you retest and come back all clear, then go in to donate unless you're screwed due to being logged in a permanent register.
Technically yes I am banned due to being an IDU, having slept with someone who was a prostitute and due to living abroad during times of mad cow disease. Doesn't stop me though. You can view it as different levels of morality if it's a moral reason holding you back. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't the "right thing"

Well seeing as the topic seems to be drifting just a tad may as well chime in.

What about those dudes and dudettes that suck out and drink blood e.g. the vampire stuff? There's an option surely? I mean to say: there's one or two drinking their own piss, guaranteed another one or two who are sifting through their own shit to find left overs (they've just not posted yet) (c'mon: you know who you are), so I'm pretty sure there's a vampire or two in our midst not? :ROFLMAO:

Just had a thought now while typing the above (but which is bound to push the topic over the edge):

I'm sure I read/heard/saw (on TV) something once about IV drug users exchanging or borrowing blood from each other? If I remember correctly: one would take a hit (of whatever), wait a while, then their partner would extract their blood and inject it. Seem to remember also that there is a term for this. The risks associated with this are (or should be anyway) obvious.

P.S. I'm happy to delete this post given that it's got sweet fuck all to do with the actual topic. Just say the word and it shall be done.
I I think you're thinking of the term "booting"? Normally that's injecting IV, then pulling blood to fill the barrel then reinjecting your own but there was a population of African IV drug users, if my memory is right, who'd share their blood like this in hopes of staving off withdrawal. It spread HIV like wild fire

Or donate blood! 😆 Which isn’t going to happen.

I dunno. Just did a quick Google Search on aspirin and paracetamol for thinning blood. Anticoagulant seems to be the benefits (although in some articles that somehow seems to get intertwined with thinning of blood it would seem).

What can I say. Still here. Healthy as a horse. Probably in the best physical shape at fifty five than I’ve ever been truth be told. And been taking these headache powders daily for well on thirty years if not more. Cannot even give you a reason why i.e. just a habit as I don’t really suffer from headaches or anything else for that matter. Used to come in handy for hangovers (come to think of it that’s probably how it started) but those are no more. They also contain caffeine though. Nothing quite like an ice cold Red Bull in the morning with a headache powder.

Oh well. Thanks for pointing it out anyway. I hate water on its own though. So reckon I’ll just keep on steady as she goes.

Red Bull is garbage, try a black coffee...

Aspirin doesn't thin the blood, it stops platelet aggregation if you wish to dilute, or reduce the viscosity of blood drink water..

Are you talking in terms of anticoagulant versus antiplatelet drugs?