• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why do some people find Xanax recreational?

I haven't resorted to taking any of my 4mg/day prescribed xanax for anxiety in over 6 months :D

I love benzos. I just love the calm feeling; that to me is euphoric, to be stress free. But I really use it as a "tool" to potentiate every other drug---opiates, pot, to take the edge of stimulants. Just gotta be safe about it. Only downside to the pills is you'll act a fool sometimes, putting yourself in some pretty embarrassing situations that you probably won't even remember until someone reminds you/you see a horrid picture.

I was prescribed alprazolam a couple of years ago. I found doses (back then) of about 1.5 mg to 2 mg to render me disinhibited, self-assured and voluble. However, continued daily dosing quickly vanquished those effects, even when I upped the dose by about 1 mg.

In my opinion, most benzos (at least the ones I've tried [about 6 of them]) produce pretty similar effects, with only subtle differences evident. However, different benzo's length of effect vary greatly.

I save mine for anxiety, but I find it very enjoyable overall. I don't abuse it because it is one hell of a drug, but it can be really enjoyable for some people. Probably the same thing with most drugs. YOU don't enjoy the effects, similar to how I personally don't find uppers recreational, just useful.

Xanax + cannabis = bliss for many.

I don't know any adults who find xanax recreational. It's a damn good TOOL

Plus, conversing with someone while on benzo's is not fun at all for the person who is not on benzo's. Usually because whoever is on them ends up saying the same shit over and over.

This sums it up for me personally. I take a few mgs of xanax and I become a damn tool.

The following day(s) can be embarrassing finding out what dumb shit you did and said to people without remembering. I really mustn't abuse benzos.

Are you trying to get recreational value out of your Xanax? I have moderate to severe anxiety and I can't even get prescribed any type of benzo, because I am on Suboxone, and because I am in "recovery". So, instead, I get Visteril; a non-benzo that, honestly, doesn't do much for my anxiety. You should be very thankful you have this medication. Just be thankful that the reason you're taking it (for anxiety) is being taken care of.

If I'm gonna be smoking alot of pot or gonna be smoking in a not so comfortable area like doing some sketchy shit then I would much rather pop some, or if I'm taking opiates I might take a LOW dose to have a little fun. But only once in awhile, I don't find it too terribly fun. Some of my buddies absolutely love it and go on binges with the shit.

i have anxiety and i dont find any recreational value in xanax or valium..i simply take them like i would tahe aspirin for a headache..its a tool to eliminate anxiety..tbh, i dont like the way benzos make me feel..im actually LESS social on benzos, my thoughts are more foggy, i just feel more lethargic on them..

I take xanax for anxiety. While I do not take it recreationally, I'd describe the feeling as my entire being taking a huge sigh of relief.

'Cause I got shit in my life that bothers me and its a cheap escape.

That's how I feel about benzos as well. I find them recreational because they make me forget about everything that bothers me and there's a long list of stuff that bothers me on a daily basis.

Is it just me or did they like change the formula or how it releases?

Five years ago when i used to take the bars that actually had XANAX written across them...they were EXTREMELY euphoric

Recently i have tried the blue ones (.5 mg i think?) and i just go to sleep or feel like shit? So now a days...i don't find it euphoric...

I used to snort 4mg's and pop a further 2mg, have a couple of bongs and finish with a joint, the first thing I notice from the Xanax is movement becomes a bit impaired, letters start to run away from each other (typing becomes a pain in the hole) slight blur of vision, pulsing lights from static bulbs, and slowed down movement of anything visual, then the cannabis further impairs movement, creates what I like to call "The Thought Sinkhole" where the xanax makes me think of incredibly crazy things, and the cannabis makes me zone out and play the whole scenario in my head in perfect detail, usually after an hour or 2 of that, (and ingesting anything edible in my house) I stumble up to bed, put on some music which for some reason I perceive to have an incredible deep meaning, or think that the song is directed just to me, then black out and forget everything (the only reason I know what I've typed here is because I've read it from the scrawls I took down one night to find out what I had been doing while on xanax)

Lol @ snorting benzos. Guess it's a little better than compounded opiates.

Benzos are amazing resources but they are to be respected not abused. I don't understand what the recreational value is, but I can understand they are abused so much most likely due to the fact that they're so easy to get.

This brings me back to
I don't know any adults who find xanax recreational. It's a damn good TOOL

I think kids abuse benzos and find them "recreational" because they're everywhere. Usually in their mothers medicine cabinet.

Last edited: