Why do most people hide behind pseudonyms?

My ancestors created a constitution to protect the minority from the majority!
Wrong! The democracy embedded in the US Constitution was intended to prevent the tyranny of a minority over the majority. Hence, the majority rule.
have posted my phone numbers even social security numbers
Not only do you post your SSN on the net, but you have multiple SSN's! And no sense of discretion whatsoever!
unwashed masses
What is this fascist rhetoric you're spewing?

I have been reading recent posts, and i would just like to say how awesome the moderators are. Whenever people act stupid, you guys know just how to put them back into their place. I get the biggest kick out of it <3

Thanx Sextacy Gal.
biggrin.gif

~*~ Ashke ~*~

I must confess---I am in actuality Hunter S. Thompson, Doctor of journalism. Please respect my encyclopedic pharmacopia knowledge, which has been paid for at the cost of many, many brain cells.

I am a computer consultant for a Dallas company. We always advise clients not be giving out there personal info online.
That's like walking your kids with their names printed on their clothes and wondering how the kidnapper knew them. It seems to me that this is like any other chat org. they all live on psuedonyms. I understand the original meaning of the post, but anonymity can bring further honesty sometimes. i don't need to know anyone's name. Peace...

i use a pseudonym because my real name is unpronounceable by your human tongues...

uh, no.. i only suffer low-level paranoia so it's not hard to figure out my identity if anyone really cared to try. i'm not into having more than one pseudonym at a time which means, if someone was *really* out to get dirt on me, they could. i'm ashamed of very little i've done, but there are certain areas of my life i like to keep somewhat seperate. i think it's healthier and safer that way.

(psst.. psychokitten: i know what "bumped" means, but what does "checked" mean. is it just another way to revive long dead threads or find out who doesn't initially pay attention to how incredibly ancient the post they're replying to is???)

Last edited:
^^^ i'm just performing forum maintenance, when we moved to VB the quoting and formatting on all old posts was lost so checked was my way of letting myself know which i'd checked :)

I'll be going back and deleting the posts later (but i'll leave this one =D)

Doesnt it come down to the fact that these are names chosen by us, and not for us? There are a couple (unimaginative people really;)) who use their first names on msg boards and chat rooms, but your handle should reflect something about you and that can be identified with you.

maybe.

Dr.Tom said:
Are you afraid of being held responsible for your posts. As long as youhide and fear the government and others, we will never win the drug war or take back our government.
Dr.Tom Oth

They are watching us.

I don't want them to know my name.

i am weak and pathetic and live my life through my computer where i can preten d to be a funky cat,i hope this confirms your probable suspicions,we cant all be as cool as you but you know that anyway dont you maaaaaan