Why did you pick that username???

I have to say PiP is one of my favorite usernames on BL. Panic in Paradise, those words, have had me wrapping my brain around them a few times. I'm pretty jelly of his username tbph. <3 PiP

and thank you ethno for that compliment =D <3

Well my intials are A.B. Friends use to call me A.B then one day someone called me Ol' A.B and I liked it. Ha and my favorite number is 7.

I was a member of a forum which has since closed down however on that forum I used the name spooky spook. It was also a rap monicker. On another local rave scene forum I used the screen name scooby snacks.

When joining here both screen names were already taken so I decided to combine the two.

Hence "spooky snacks".

Its meant to signify that feeling when you take a little to many hard drugs. You may be new to psychonaught adventures and you are filled with the spooky feeling that you might be dieing.

Its just like a snack ;p

Good thread. Mine is silly, I guess...I live at the beach, love the beach, and love cats. Also, another forum I was on for years I had a similar name, but different enough, I didn't want someone to google that name and have bluelight and the other forum both come up. The other forum was for parenting, and too much identifying info on there....

^ hey, we are soul sisters (unless you are a brother LOL!) I love the beach and I love cats so what is not to love about that name?=D

This should be moved to DC.

Mine is based on the fact that many people say they only get high\drink\etc. on the weekends. My point is that just cause you limit yourself to weekends doesn't mean your not a drug addict.

weekend addiction said:
This should be moved to DC.

Initially I felt the same, however I feel as though this thread is a positive presence in our forum in particular! My feeling is that not everything social need be in the social thread if it's topic-specific, and that it's important for us as TDS to congregate socially as often as possible so we have a better idea of who we might be responding to, or who might be responding to us, in the frequent crises discussions we foster here.

The Roland TB 303 oscillating synthesiser was the key element involved in the music of the early 90s acid house/techno movement.
It was an iconic sound, adopted by the digital anarchists, the free party movement, the u.k rave scene,
and made up an integral part of the music of that time, the music being played at the parties which quickly became illegal with
the introduction of the criminal justice bill.
After the emergence of the Acid House parties in the late 1980s up to 4,000[2] people were known to attend a rave. These events happened almost every weekend. The noise and disturbance of thousands of people appearing at parties in rural locations, such as Genesis '88, caused outrage in the national media.
After sensational coverage in the tabloids, culminating in a particularly large rave (near Castlemorton) in May 1992, the government acted on what was depicted as a growing menace.
In 1994, the United Kingdom's Criminal Justice Bill passed as the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 which contained several sections designed to suppress the growing free party movement made everything political.
Now the music was about something more.
It was about freedom,
about community,
about anti-establishmental ideology,
and about opposition to the opressive attempts to control our music, our behaviour, our fun, our liberty.
Throughout this time I was DJing Acid Techno at these events,
including the infamous "reclaim the streets" in London 1994.
I have been Djing ever since, and it has been a source of great joy for me.
The 303 was where it all started, and i'm still completely addicted to that acid sound, even if my music has progressed into new areas.

....8o I had no clue there was anyone else as dedicated to electronic dance music and DJ'ing in this neck of the woods! Very impressive post (and iconic username ;)).

Although Vaya has been my DJ moniker since I began mixing music in 2001, it originates from my favorite album of one of my old favorite bands:

At_the_Drive_In_-_Vaya_cover.jpg

~ Vaya

Last edited:
GABAking...I have been thorougly and excessively using benzos for many years, and GABA is receptor benzos work on. Plus I love downers more than any drug, and gaba is usually somehow implicated in those substances.

As for King: my last name is Ali, and I was called "Prince Ali" for awhile when I was in middle school. Having been nearly a decade since I had been called Prince, I thought I deserved to graduate to King. Logical, yeah?

My name's Jim and I flew an F-4 Phantom II in the Vietnam War in a video game.

my SO got too deep into drugs, and it's been a nightmare. Speaking from the standpoint of a non-user who loves someone addicted to drugs, it has been extremely painful watching the downward spiral. A great person. A great mind. Destroyed relationships. Devastated life. I came here to gain understanding. I don't pretend to know how it feels to be on the other side of the addiction. I just know how it feels to watch someone you love self-destruct. They don't get that their addiction is not just about them...it devastates those around them as well. It's truly been a nightmare. hence the name.