Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

why can't my friend peak

halfy

Bluelighter
Hey,

My friend has gotten into the clubbing scene in the past year. In that time he has dropped about 15 bikkies. He says that he has never peaked though, and only felt a mild rush here and there. I know he can't be depleted cos he just started. Initially i just assumed that this happened because he was anxious and didnt yet feel totally comfortable in the club scene. But it keeps happening even though he is totally into the scene now. Once he doubled up on red 3's and said he still didnt feel anything. Meanwhile, the rest of us were mashed on 1. All the classic signs were there though - he had eye wobbles, jaw grinding, etc. Is the reason for him never peaking completely psychosymatic or is it physical - is mdma just not for him? ie. does it just not work on some people. I know that he does have disrupted sleep patterns. Does this mess around with seratonin levels? Or could a different method of administration help the problem? ie. racking, cos he has taken them orally on every occasion.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated cos its starting to frustrate the rest of the crew. We (and him) just wanna see him peak once and for all. Thanx...

Snorting it would make a difference i think with more of a rush. Is your friend fat?

MANY MANY reasons.
1. Is he on perscription medicine? Primarily SSRI's (anti-depresents)
2. He thinks to hard, but after taking 15 i doubt it.
3. There is more but i'm at a party and will let others answer your question.
4. I'm going to bet on #1

thanx for the advice so far...

and no, he is quite thin, weighs about 60 kgs.

Are you 100% sure he's not on medication? All signs point to it...

Anyway, I suggest you get him to try a different method of administration... Plugging, snorting and sublingual are all worth looking into. Check out the Methods of Administration FAQ for more details!

:)

I know a few people like this. Always say they cant peak etc... I reckon some people just cant let go totally and lose themselves...no matter what they say. Like, they just must be in control, vaguely know whats going on around them, etc.... Maybe these poor souls need to be in a more relaxed environment to let go and be free.

If you say he isn't on any medication, try having it in a park where its more relaxing. If he doesn't like raves or clubs or dancing, the increase in anxiety could have something to do with it. See if it changes when your in a very relaxed setting.

I have a mate like this...you know the kind thats complains all night that he's not feeling anything whinging that its crap gear (like you made it ) and he keeps asking for more yet you can't shut them up and for the next 6 hours they're running around like headless chooks on the dancefloor still firing at 6am when you want to go home and sleep. Then the next day they're like..."nah, didn't feel much at all...don't think that shit works on me.. " 8)

mdma isn't a instant super fun happy slide for everyone who takes it, set and setting to an extent. i just can't enjoy the high, bores me to death, i usually find the comedown nice and relaxing though.

The first time i tried mdma i was worried id freakout and make a d*ck of myself so i tried it at home it was really like a warm feeling/speed rush ebcause the setting was shit, i really enjoyed the music i was listening to but if that was my only experience i wouldnt of done it again..

Any other experiences ive had have been in a great setting and ive had the time of my life.. Also i find you really need to let go and stop "trying to feel" to effects of the drugs i find a lot of people do this as their use to intoxicating effects such as alchahol, he shouldnt expect to be all fucked up , imho its a very natural feeling high and just plays of your already existing happiness my rule of thumb is theirs no point dropping unless your exstatically excited for the nite with your mates...

hey again,

thanx 4 the replies so far. i just found out that my friend also got 3 injections a week for 6 months when he was 10. these were used to treat hepatitis b and strengthen his liver. could this b anything to do with it?

Quote: set & setting is EXTREMLEY important.

If your not fucked up on red 3's in any situation I don't know what will. After doubling up on 3's you should be fucken mashed unless you pop every night.

Does he have speed before it, maybe that might change the peak?

I would say give up the pills if they don't do anything.

I also have friends like this. What Shulgin calls 'hard heads', someone who'll take the same dose as other and barely be off base line while others on the same dosage are heavily intoxicated. I think upping the dose is the most logical action.

Some people just don't know when they are actually peaking. They keep expecting more and don't get a good experience out of it. Don't expect much and just accept what is happening and it'll feel awesome. Don't build it up. I think your friend is expecting too much out of it and can't let go as has been mentioned.

Gather a few very close friends and have a go at someones place one time.

Just sit around listening to music, looking at visuals, talking, sniffing vicks etc in a relaxed environment and see if there is a difference he experiences. Tell him to totally relax and not expect anything. Better yet, don't tell him what the pills are, how strong they are or anything. Get him to close eyes when taking them so he really has no idea what to expect.

I would generally agree with most people who have said that your friend is rolling already, but is expecting much more and is destroying the effects by looking for them.

As for administration I would suggest plugging, finger up butthole to the second knuckle (with a pill on the end of course). They'll be so psyched out by sticking their finger up their arse they will forget to look for the effects, then slowly and subtley... BAM... and there you have it.