Why aren't there any "drug cruises" into international waters?

MyDoorsAreOpen

Bluelight Crew
Once you're 15 nautical miles from any landform claimed by any nation, there are technically no laws, right? There are plenty of cruise ships that take advantage of this to sponsor drinking and gambling cruises. I've heard certain "adult services" are easily available on such cruises too.

Why are there no "drug cruises"? Why hasn't anyone launched the USS Doobiebuzz or the HMS Rollingface, where people can get on, settle into a relaxing environment optimized for drug use, purchase clean lab-made drugs once their ship is 15 miles offshore, and use them without fear of legal reprisals? If docking is an issue, couldn't the boat stay permanently 15 miles out, relying on a ferry to get people to and from land? It could even have facilities for drug manufacture below deck, completely cutting the criminal underworld out of the picture. If the ship needed to be drydocked and repaired, it could be built so that all illegal substances could be transferred to another boat waiting out in international waters before docking.

Seems to me if you had all cruise passengers sign forms waiving the cruise operators of any legal or medical responsibility for what happens to them on the ship, there's not a damn thing any government could do about the whole business.

The only major problem I see remaining is that the ship would be a big shiny target for pirates (talk about a buzzkill!)

im pretty sure there is such a thing as international laws but im not sure

you'll have to have a bunch of chemists constantly living off the coast and stuff.

if this international waters thing is real, then does that mean if your in a boat full of drugs, and the law knows that, then are law enforcement officals allowed to bust you in international waters, or must they wait until you come close enough to the coast?

There are certain conditions under which international law allows nations to extend authority into neutral water -- I'm pretty sure drugs that are likely to enter their water is one of those conditions. Plus, a drug cruise would have to launch from somewhere, and you can bet the cops would be on that like flies on honey. For a third reason, how about the fact that whoever operated the business would get arrested in their home country.

It would never happen. Officially, anyway =D

From what I understand, Is that Crusie company's have to register with a particular country. An example is that most cruise ships that are in the United States are actually register in Africa and other third world country's so they don't have to pay the huge taxes and other fees compared to being registering in the United States. Inturn they have to obey that country's law. And I'm pretty sure this an international law for drug use in open waters.=D