• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Why am I tripping from injecting meth? What are possible negative effects?

I was wondering if anyone knew why I would HEAVILY (and I mean HEAVILY) hallucinate when I take a shot (IV) of meth? Or if anyone had information about the health affects of shooting meth?
The first time I injected was fairly typical (about 2 months ago), the first 5-10 mins felt amazing, but more like a downer, but after that feeling wore off I just felt a slightly stronger high, rather if I smoked/snorted. I enjoyed every minute of what I like to call my "zone out phase".
Now the second time was a completely different experience! My boyfriend, and a few other friends told me they have never seen anyone react to shots the way I have. My boyfriend has much more experience and been injecting for years so he's just as puzzled as I am about everything. At first he thought it was pretty cool that I got to have these experiences but eventually, when my trips began to change, he began to think the fact that my reaction to injections was hallucinating wasn't a good thing. He thinks that my brain/body is negatively reacting to the shots and that it could potentially be causing permanent neurological damage. So I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the neurological effects from injections, or if it's just possible that my brain just reacts different to the drug and I maybe in a sense should consider myself fortunate I have this ablity????
The second time I injected was the first time I tripped from meth. This time the "zone out" feeling only lasted about 2 minutes tops then I started to experience the most intense feelings in my body and visual hallucinations. It was awesome, the carpeted floor had octogon outlines everywhere, in a neat orderly pattern. The octogons would "breath"/ stretch super high from the ground, and as they would ascend back towards the floor, the other half of octogons, all diagonal from each other would make their way away from the ground. Every single little carpet stand was extremely vivid In sharpness. Watching the carpet breath simultaneously and gawking at (literally gawking/jaw dropped) everything in my sight was so intense, sometimes I was so infatuated with the things around me (peoples skin and hair, walls, cellings, wood trim etc.) that I had this uncontrollably urge to cry because there was just so much emotion with how insainly exotic everything looked. Strange part was no matter what I did, I couldn't stop staring at my boyfriends head and facial hair! It was insain! Each individual little vibrant hair had its own little place and it blew my mind! The texture of it amazed me but the main thing I couldn't look away from was all his hairs would retract and grow out of each little skin hole! It freaked me out/worried me for a split second then the awe factor kicked in and I was hypnotized by what my eyes were prevailing to me. Watching everything move around and make outlines of 100s of little patterns, and seeing how vibrant everything around me was so mesmerizing. it was nearly impossible to get me off my hands and knees, staring at my surroundings with look of pure shock/jaw dropped on my face. Honestly it was almost to intense to handle, and a few times would make stomach tickle. This whole (visual) hallucination only lasted 20 minuets tops. It was one of the strongest trips that meth had givin me. Later that day I started having spontaneous "orgasms" all throughout my body which would lead to uncontrollable body twitches/spasms. And lastly, I knew it was time to go to bed when I had caught a glimpse of a bush from the corner of my eye, and because it was dark out and I couldn't decipher what I was looking at, my brain decided since I couldn't identify what I was looking at, that it was gonna make up something instead. My brain choose to make this small bush into a small midget that wouldn't stop staring at me. Admitingly, I panicked and started to cry in fear and begging my boyfriend to drive away.
The majority of the time when bad/triggering things/thought appear when I'm tripping I can almost always immediately steer myself away/out a bad trip so seeing something that wasn't there and being afraid of it really surprised me. Fortunately I forced myself to go to sleep pretty soon after that.

Pretty much for the next month my hallucinations were substantially less intense and had shorter time spans and before I knew it I barely had any, occasionally I'd have slight visual movement or a euphoric feeling where everything was amazing but it wasn't common.
The way I "trip" was drastically different Last night, when I had taken a fairly big dose things got a little weird... I didn't see anything that wasn't there and nothing moved around, except at first, my vision bounced around like crazy! I couldn't stop making weird humming noises, I got super light headed and almost passed out a few times and my teeth would chatter uncomfortablly, even though I was sweating bullets. My hands and arms would also shake, this would all happen in small periods and I would snap out of it for a moment, then fall right back into these patterns. Also, the whole time this was happening I had no ability to speak whatsoever ever. I wasn't scared at all. I felt amazing but I'm definitely anxious about using until I find some answers.

Hey there! You didn't necessarily have to type all of that (it's common for people on speed, no worries), but I thank you for being thorough because that helps me help you. It's dependent upon the person and other environmental factors. What I believe you are experiencing is known as Simulant Psychosis, with said stimulant being Methamphetamine.

Just relax, stay in one place, hydrate and everything will be back to normal. I'm not encouraging this sort of thing, but Amphetamines have a pretty wide therapeutic index compared to say, Opioids, where the medically prescribed doses for pain are not far at all from those that can cause death through airway obstruction of some kind.

Hey there! You didn't necessarily have to type all of that (it's common for people on speed, no worries), but I thank you for being thorough because that helps me help you. It's dependent upon the person and other environmental factors. What I believe you are experiencing is known as Simulant Psychosis, with said stimulant being Methamphetamine.

Just relax, stay in one place, hydrate and everything will be back to normal. I'm not encouraging this sort of thing, but Amphetamines have a pretty wide therapeutic index compared to say, Opioids, where the medically prescribed doses for pain are not far at all from those that can cause death through airway obstruction of some kind.
Lmao you're right, I really can't help it sometimes ? I guess I get wayyy to carried away and find myself way to deep in context when I'm spun. But besides that, what exactly is a phychosis? I thought that only happens when you are sober?
Do you possibly happen to know if there's (if any) negative neurological effects to the brain from mine/similar situations?

Lmao you're right, I really can't help it sometimes ? I guess I get wayyy to carried away and find myself way to deep in context when I'm spun. But besides that, what exactly is a phychosis? I thought that only happens when you are sober?
Do you possibly happen to know if there's (if any) negative neurological effects to the brain from mine/similar situations?

While meth is clearly neurotoxic, i don't think you are experiencing any specific or unique "negative neurological effects". Some individuals are more susceptible to stimulant psychosis however. You should take this as a warning sign however since there seems to be a proportion of people who never fully snap out of stimulant psychosis (especially the kind induced by methamphetamine).

It doesn't have to be similar to yours; methamphetamines are neurotoxic; every time you use it, you are harming yourself physically. Just because your boyfriend doesn't experience similar effects to yours, doesn't mean that he's not doing himself neurological harm.

It actually sounds like quite a nice trip as long as you don't get scared so much that you experience panic attacks. Meth is one of the worst and most available psychoactive substances around so try to be careful and use it sparingly.

Good luck, take care.

It doesn't have to be similar to yours; methamphetamines are neurotoxic; every time you use it, you are harming yourself physically. Just because your boyfriend doesn't experience similar effects to yours, doesn't mean that he's not doing himself neurological harm.

It actually sounds like quite a nice trip as long as you don't get scared so much that you experience panic attacks. Meth is one of the worst and most available psychoactive substances around so try to be careful and use it sparingly.

Good luck, take care.
[/QUO

You make a good point!
The trips are amazing honestly! Even tho some of my experiences doesnt really sound like pleasent effects, Suprisingly I've enjoyed myself pretty much everytime I hallucinate.
Actually triggering things present themselves pretty frequently when I trip, but they never bother me or put me in a bad place because I know better, I know it's not real and I tell myself that I like/wanted what ever the triggering thing is. The first time I hallucinated from dope was the only time I ever let the drug take control of my fear, and I took control back pretty quickly. Ive also never experienced any panic attacks from tripping from dope. Although, I've had one terrifying, bad trip from shrooms and havent tried them since

The first time i smoked crack (i was smoking it with an experienced user who insisted on finishing the amount we purchased), I hallucinated wildly -- seeing gremlin like creatures jumping on trampolines and all kinds of strange things. Never happened again.

The therapeutic indices for narcotic analgesics actually are pretty wide compared to pharmaceuticals as a whole . . . in fact heroin was promoted as having a wider therapeutic index than morphine, and actually fentanils can have therapeutic indices up to 100 times wider than morphine, which is a reason why they are used in surgery, along with the short duration of action, and benzimidizoles have even wider ones. The reason that the opioid sub-family closest to the fentanils, the ampromides, which like the fentanils were discovered during a search for general anaesthetic, didn't come close to being able to be used for the same reason as the various surgical fentanils because of narrower therapeutic indices and much higher toxicity. At the other extreme, the open-chain narcotic embutramide has a very narrow one and it is combined with lignocaine and chloroquine to be used for animal anesthesia. In humans, the ED₅₀ is 50 mg per kilogramme of body weight and the LD₅₀ is 75 mg.

The mechanism of airway obstruction is probably due to aspiration of vomit rather a CNS effect or collapse of the circulatory system.

A significant potential problem with barbiturates is that the ED₅₀ rises whilst the LD₅₀ remains nearly constant, and in long-term use can induce inverse tolerance, ostensibly making the problem more substantial.

I was wondering if anyone knew why I would HEAVILY (and I mean HEAVILY) hallucinate when I take a shot (IV) of meth? Or if anyone had information about the health affects of shooting meth?
The first time I injected was fairly typical (about 2 months ago), the first 5-10 mins felt amazing, but more like a downer, but after that feeling wore off I just felt a slightly stronger high, rather if I smoked/snorted. I enjoyed every minute of what I like to call my "zone out phase".
Now the second time was a completely different experience! My boyfriend, and a few other friends told me they have never seen anyone react to shots the way I have. My boyfriend has much more experience and been injecting for years so he's just as puzzled as I am about everything. At first he thought it was pretty cool that I got to have these experiences but eventually, when my trips began to change, he began to think the fact that my reaction to injections was hallucinating wasn't a good thing. He thinks that my brain/body is negatively reacting to the shots and that it could potentially be causing permanent neurological damage. So I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the neurological effects from injections, or if it's just possible that my brain just reacts different to the drug and I maybe in a sense should consider myself fortunate I have this ablity????
The second time I injected was the first time I tripped from meth. This time the "zone out" feeling only lasted about 2 minutes tops then I started to experience the most intense feelings in my body and visual hallucinations. It was awesome, the carpeted floor had octogon outlines everywhere, in a neat orderly pattern. The octogons would "breath"/ stretch super high from the ground, and as they would ascend back towards the floor, the other half of octogons, all diagonal from each other would make their way away from the ground. Every single little carpet stand was extremely vivid In sharpness. Watching the carpet breath simultaneously and gawking at (literally gawking/jaw dropped) everything in my sight was so intense, sometimes I was so infatuated with the things around me (peoples skin and hair, walls, cellings, wood trim etc.) that I had this uncontrollably urge to cry because there was just so much emotion with how insainly exotic everything looked. Strange part was no matter what I did, I couldn't stop staring at my boyfriends head and facial hair! It was insain! Each individual little vibrant hair had its own little place and it blew my mind! The texture of it amazed me but the main thing I couldn't look away from was all his hairs would retract and grow out of each little skin hole! It freaked me out/worried me for a split second then the awe factor kicked in and I was hypnotized by what my eyes were prevailing to me. Watching everything move around and make outlines of 100s of little patterns, and seeing how vibrant everything around me was so mesmerizing. it was nearly impossible to get me off my hands and knees, staring at my surroundings with look of pure shock/jaw dropped on my face. Honestly it was almost to intense to handle, and a few times would make stomach tickle. This whole (visual) hallucination only lasted 20 minuets tops. It was one of the strongest trips that meth had givin me. Later that day I started having spontaneous "orgasms" all throughout my body which would lead to uncontrollable body twitches/spasms. And lastly, I knew it was time to go to bed when I had caught a glimpse of a bush from the corner of my eye, and because it was dark out and I couldn't decipher what I was looking at, my brain decided since I couldn't identify what I was looking at, that it was gonna make up something instead. My brain choose to make this small bush into a small midget that wouldn't stop staring at me. Admitingly, I panicked and started to cry in fear and begging my boyfriend to drive away.
The majority of the time when bad/triggering things/thought appear when I'm tripping I can almost always immediately steer myself away/out a bad trip so seeing something that wasn't there and being afraid of it really surprised me. Fortunately I forced myself to go to sleep pretty soon after that.

Pretty much for the next month my hallucinations were substantially less intense and had shorter time spans and before I knew it I barely had any, occasionally I'd have slight visual movement or a euphoric feeling where everything was amazing but it wasn't common.
The way I "trip" was drastically different Last night, when I had taken a fairly big dose things got a little weird... I didn't see anything that wasn't there and nothing moved around, except at first, my vision bounced around like crazy! I couldn't stop making weird humming noises, I got super light headed and almost passed out a few times and my teeth would chatter uncomfortablly, even though I was sweating bullets. My hands and arms would also shake, this would all happen in small periods and I would snap out of it for a moment, then fall right back into these patterns. Also, the whole time this was happening I had no ability to speak whatsoever ever. I wasn't scared at all. I felt amazing but I'm definitely anxious about using until I find some answers.

Reduce your doses by 30% to 50%, while you have been able to keep everything under control so far, an encounter with law enforcement like a regular traffic stop could easily lead to your arrest if you are in that state.
When you are having visions, it has always been happening in a context where it is ok to act weird for a bit, you might not be able to pull it off when talking to an officer.