• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

why am I not Withdrawing??

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
So last week I WD'd after using Codeine for almost a week straight and Hydrocodone almost 2 weeks straight, I went 93 hrs clean, felt quite bad and then used again for 3 days in a row and now I''v been off opiates for 50 hours and I'm feeling surprisingly well... This past month I have gone 50 hours or so with no opiates several times and it sucked every single time but now I'm feeling pretty fucking good, not that I'm complaining...

Last week I was crying and feeling miserable and stuff and now I've forgotten several times throughout the day that I'm technically in WD, I don't feel 100% at all but I just feel so much better than last time...

So do you just get used to this feeling when you go through it every week or what? Or did those 93 hours clean really did detox me almost completely so that now just 3 days of use don't send me in WD again??

Luck of the draw. Doesnt mean next time it wont happen. But your use seems irregular so its actually not so suprising.

^ Yup, but be careful because the second time and the others are usually much worse. You are very lucky not to have gone through mild withdrawals or lethargy, tiredness. This is a good opportunity to give it a break.

I've gone through some bad withdrawals in the past, I was just surprised this time I didn't... One week ago it was way worse but I guess those 93 hours cleaned my system a lot more than I realized.

WDs can be wierd personally I was snorting 150 mgs of oxy a daily for like 4 months and before that 120 a day atotal use time of like 1 1/2 years raising my dose over time (cuz tolerance is an asshole) and I had to stop because i was out and couldn't get more and never went through my WDs but some ppl have hella WDs from just a week or 2 everyone is different when it comes to drugs they react differantly it's normal

The severity of withdrawals can also have a lot to do with a variety of factors that have nothing to do with how much you used or what you used. This has been my experience at least. For instance, if I know I'm can attain my drug of choice, but I'm having trouble hustling up the money to do so, the withdrawals become unbearable. However, if I'm in jail, or under lock and key in my family's house, I can accept them and not suffer so badly. I also believe that after a while you do just get so used to withdrawals that while they're still horrible, you kind of adapt to them.

Anyway, I'm going to send this over to BDD.

So kind of re-opening this thread.... If I use again, say just 2 days... My dose is 50mg to get high so I'll use a total of 100mg... I'll try to spread them out in 2 days and not use twice in one day but I always fail... so anyway, would you think that using twice more will trigger WD's again???...

I would be using after 90 hours clean

I think of it as 2 really good days or 1 day in heaven??? and I always fail to pick the smarter choice of 2 really good days

The severity of withdrawals can also have a lot to do with a variety of factors that have nothing to do with how much you used or what you used. This has been my experience at least. For instance, if I know I'm can attain my drug of choice, but I'm having trouble hustling up the money to do so, the withdrawals become unbearable. However, if I'm in jail, or under lock and key in my family's house, I can accept them and not suffer so badly. I also believe that after a while you do just get so used to withdrawals that while they're still horrible, you kind of adapt to them.

Anyway, I'm going to send this over to BDD.

Well I do agree that the circumstances under which you go through WD change the way you feel them up to a point.... I've withdrawn because I had ran out before and because I genuinely wanted to stop, even though I could get more, and it is a total different experience....

In this case is a mix of both, I could get an extra dose or two more but I refuse to sink that low.. Right now, I am using my own prescription, nothing shady, I could get some more but I fucking refuse to go down that road

Just curious, couldn't help but notice your user name, how much/often do you use loperamide??

I remember a few times I have gotten arrested, suffered horrid withdrawals in jail, then several days later, the judge cut me loose. A friend would pick me up, and have a shot ready for me or we would go straight and score. So I would do a shot of dope and the lingering withdrawal I was in would be cured yadda yadda... But anyway, the next day I would wake up thinking I would still be sick, but as a matter of fact, I wouldn't be sick any more. Though this didn't happen every time I just couldn't get dope for a couple days, then happen to get a shot, I would be sick again later on. But sometimes that 1 more use seemed to have helped me get over the withdraw, or helped wean down. My habit enough at least to make it tolerable. Because that 1 more shot in the later stages of a cold turkey withdrawal actually did hell me get thru it. I dunno heh