⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Who's your favorite director?

BmoresMosWantd

Bluelighter
favorite Directors

Who are your top 3 Favorite Directors?

My Favorites:

1. Stanley kubrick (huge mind bening catalog)

followed buy a distant second

2. Martin Scorsese ( Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas nuff said)
3. Quentin Tarantino ( merged the dark side with the main stream)

hmmm. i have directors who directed my favourite films and i have favourite directors...

in terms of bodies of work, i would say my favourite directors are:

1. luc besson
2. sam raimi
3. martin scorsese

alasdair

tarantino ha *suprise surprise*

hes a good director but it pisses me off that he is so widely recognised whereas others are not.

mine would be a tie between
darren aronofsky (requiem for a dream + pi)
sam mendes (american beauty, road to peridition...and now hes doing sweeney todd...great musical, cant wait to see what its like as a film)

and oliver stone, purely for what he does for his actors, puts them in the real situation etc....if you dont know what i mean watch platoon special features.... *very quality*

Martin Scorsese's my favorite, no contest. Easily one of the greatest film directors in history, IMO. I've always liked Oliver Stone too. The detail he puts into his films is astounding. I've always had a strong appreciation for Spike Lee. Kevin Smith too, but I like him more as a writer than a director though.

Countless others I can't seem to think of right now... Definitly agree on Tarantino. Kubrick's excellent too, all though I never did get wround to seeing all that many of his movies. I think I've only seen maybe 5 or 6. Always meant to watch the rest of them sometime.

I like David Lynch too, but sometimes his movies just seem a little too weird for me to even make sense of.

Terry Gilliam is brilliant too. It's a shame he has such trouble getting funds for his films sometimes, like with "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote".

Steven Sodheberg, David Lynch, Kevin Smith, M.Night Shamalan, Darren Aronofsky, Stanley Kubrick, sorry I went a little past three..oh well.

Hey kryalkastleE I am a old school tarantino fan. from long B4 the mainstream success of kill bill, long B4 pulp fiction , when I read True Romance. I can't stop people from jumpen on the band wagon ( for lack of a better Cliché )

Last edited:
Martin Scorsese, Kevin Smith, John Woo, Steven Spielberg, Oliver Stone

Quentin Tarantino
Kevin Smith
Stanley Kubrick
James Cameron
Steven Spielberg

as mentioned before, quentin tarantino. i like speilberg too.

i love lost in translation, but forgot that chicks name that wrote/directed it.

Sofia Coppola did Lost in Translation I'm pretty sure. Her earlier film the Virgin Suicides is pretty good too. Not sure if she's done anything else.

1.Martin Scorcese forevah!
2. Ang Lee
3. Federico Fellini
4.Alfred Hitchcock
5. Roman Polanski

sorry...i couldnt keep it at three!

Cant believe no one has mentioned

Richard LinkLater

also
Baz Luhrmann
Kev Smith

Last edited by a moderator:
^ i edited out a couple of comments about roman polanski's extra curricular activities. let's keep the discussion (in this thread and the forum generally) to the art.

if you want to discuss his life away from the camera, feel free. just not in f&t. thanks.

alasdair