• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Who is your favorite philosopher / intellectual / societal influencer or commentator?

I may be a shallow , terrible human because i cant get past Mckenna's voice

That would be amazing on psychs wow.

I had that problem at first!! I must've gotten used to it cos it doesn't bother me anymore. Alan Watts' voice is reason alone to listen to him though.

That book starts off like a normal book but it doesn't stay that way. It goes into detail of every deity you encounter if you've done something or other in life (?) or some situation.. It's extremely esoteric.

These deities are Hindu (maybe Hindu/Buddhist) and they go on forever. They're quite nasty too. I gave up after 1.5 hours but I think of it when people piss me off, like my mother who's 80. She always says "I don't care - I'll be dead" and I sit there hoping that book is true 😅

Got a small glimps of Kant - does anyone have an opinion on him I'd be curious to read it

Yamamoto Tsunetomo (Author of Hagakure)

“There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything.”

This sits in my top 3 quotes of all time & is sssooo true.
"Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day when one’s body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one’s master. And every day without fail one should consider himself as dead”

Salior bob non duality @Zopiclone bandit

Adesh Adesh, Jai Jai Aghor my Brother.

I checked this out but sadly it broke my will, this guy really isn't living it & I can't get over his own Ego too.

I highly suggest you check this lady out instead, this is where it is at my Brother.

A Female Naga who is from Sweden & been in the Naga Tradition for 30 years living it RAW.

I'm a big Nietzsche fan boy. I haven't read much in the last 10 years, but in my early 20s Nietzsche molded me.