Who is allowed to see your internet history?

captainballs

Bluelighter
I realize that anyone with a fair amount of computer knowledge could most certainly see the places one has been to without that person's permission. Who can do this legally, though? I'm in the U.S.

I'm writing this because my professional life is on the horizon, and I fear that being a part of Bluelight could eventually backfire on me somehow. I am also worried that one day the laws will change (thanks a lot, meth) and American members of BL will be under unreasonably high scrutiny.

you worry too much.

dont you know that most of what people say on these message forums is make believe?

how in the world would they know it was YOU that typed the information on the computer. someone else could have used your computer. maybe you have one of those remote control trojans.

you could also say your room mate that doesn't live with you anymore used to use your computer all the time. his name..........bill johnson

If you're particularly worried about your internet use, look for an anonymous internet proxy. These services can mask your identity by encrypting all your traffic and routing it through third-party servers (ideally overseas.) Costs run from about $30-$100 a year.

Regulary clear your history, cookies and temporary internet files using the Tools menu. :)

It may still exist on your computer. I am not tech savvy, so I couldn't really give you any explanation farther than this. I am sure others here can.

There are some things you can do like system restore or clear your hard drive.