• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Who are your favorite philosophers?

UG Krishnamurti [ though UG probably would not want me calling him a philospher. ]
thanks for mentioning this. for some reason i always forget the name of "the other krishnamurti". i was thinking about how often humans are simply biological machines who can only respond to a specialized code if it is written in the same language. picture yourself as a walking antenna connected to an 'environmental proccessor' quite often this how you're behaving in the world. (i don't believe humans are solely biological machines - yet)
What do you guys think of Alain De Botton?
As much as i like this guy i wouldn't consider him a philosopher. he is more just a quality teacher of philosophy; which is something people sometimes say about Bertrand Russell who is one of my favorites.

leaving out Buddha, J.C, Confucius, few others; Epicurus - Montaigne - Schopenhauer - Nietzsche - Husserl - Heidegger - Sartre - Russell - William James - Machiavelli - Rousseau - Marx - Rawls. J. Krisnamurti, Huxley, Dostoevsky, Chomsky.

if we were talking about importance id add- Plato, Aristotle, Hume, Kant, Locke, Wittgenstein. (first four either put me to sleep or make my ears bleed)

oh and that Freud guy..

I figured you ripped your name off of his. lol

Sigmund Freud.

Euler (mathematicians are philosophers, that can express themselves formally) and Nietzsche. Explanations follow when I am able to deliver them. Next year I guess.