• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which would be better for introspection, Candyflipping or Lucy by herself?

Generic84

Bluelighter
Next weekend, am going to be acquiring some Molly, and Lucy. I have candyflipped maybe three or four times, and from what I can remember it was really fun. The problem is the last time I did those two in combination, I couldn't remember much of the trip once the MDMA kicked in, about four hours after dosing lucy. I guess my question is, I definitely am interested in candyflipping again, just having a difficult time deciding if it would be better to just dose Lucy, save the candyflipping for maybe New Year's Eve. If I were to candyflip before and in general, is there a way to keep a better memory of what's going on during, and especially after? I would like to remember the experience. Would LSD have more of an advantage for introspection, I've been dosing for about a year. I know it's kind of dumb question, I'm just having difficulty deciding on which would be the most amazing experience and maybe for advice on possibly being able to remember it, haha. Thanks. %)

I've never done a candyflip , but the concept of doing one while you're looking for introspection feels strange to me, almost like ...cheating.

Much of the introspection during a psychedelic experience comes during the part where you're also confronted with some of the less pleasant parts of your psyche. If I were to combine a psychedelic with a serotonin releasing agent it would probably be one of the milder ones like MDAI or MBDB, or just low-dose MDMA. If you're looking at yourself while you're rolling at 5000 rpm you're not doing an introspection of yourself, you're doing an introspection of yourself during a state of total bliss that just isn't the "real" you.

Now, I am not trying to dissuade you from candyflipping in general. By all accounts, it seems like one of the most glorious experiences a human being can have, and thus a worthwhile foray into the further regions of experience from a psychonaut's perspective. Or, you know, just a fun thing to indulge in every few months ;) Because just to be clear: I'm certainly not one of those purists who believes that "there are no bad trips", and that even taking a benzo during a highly disturbing one is some act of blasphemy against the Church of Albert Hofmann and Pope Sasha I.

tl,dr: Do what *you* are comfortable with. If you're willing to risk a difficulty experience, take Lucy by itself. If you're mainly looking for a good time, do a full-blown candyflip. But maybe in the end the key is moderation: just enough Molly to put your mind at ease if you're worried about a difficult experience, and enough Lucy to put you in a state of introspection where you're still capable of a sufficiently coherent train of thought to be able to write stuff down/record it on your phone/tell it to your tripsitter.

Candyflip is a nasty wild trip for me, with a lot of body temperature fluctuation and an unfocused mind. I have troubles trying to have introspection when I'm overwhelmed by the visuals and distracted putting clothes on and off because of the temperature changes.

maybe save the flip till new years, i ♡ Lucy 'til then

I tried MDMA and LSD (in that order) on my own once... it was a pretty wild and paranoid ride. While it did make me face a lot of personal issues, in hindsight I think I saw my faults as much worse than they really are. I doubt I'll repeat.

Yeah my two cents is do only LSD if you have done it and can handle like 300 ug, give or take some ugs whatever you're into. Acid is enough introspection in the right dose whereas MDMA would just make you more energized and possibly distracted. That being said, they can be cool together but the more trips I've taken the more I've learned that combining substances can often make an otherwise clear experience turn muddy and uncomfortable, except with KETAMINE!

The acid is alone is good for introspection, mdma is notorious for short memory loops.
Its actually quite hard to remember shit from candy flips imo. Even when i have consciously tried to make a thought or moment "important" it often still slips your memory after a few seconds to a few minutes.

If it helps, the more mdma you add to the flip the less you'll probably remember. The more acid you add can make things abit confusing and crazy.
Imo its not the best fun doing huge candyflips, ide even call 4 tabs 3 points of md way to much at like once.. the body load gets quite exaggurated and uncorfortable to.
Specially when one of my candlyflips was at 3 in the morn at a music festival hidden hours into the bush. -4 degrees celcius doesnt mix with a candyflip.
Have fun :)

I've never done a candyflip , but the concept of doing one while you're looking for introspection feels strange to me, almost like ...cheating.

Much of the introspection during a psychedelic experience comes during the part where you're also confronted with some of the less pleasant parts of your psyche. If I were to combine a psychedelic with a serotonin releasing agent it would probably be one of the milder ones like MDAI or MBDB, or just low-dose MDMA. If you're looking at yourself while you're rolling at 5000 rpm you're not doing an introspection of yourself, you're doing an introspection of yourself during a state of total bliss that just isn't the "real" you.

Now, I am not trying to dissuade you from candyflipping in general. By all accounts, it seems like one of the most glorious experiences a human being can have, and thus a worthwhile foray into the further regions of experience from a psychonaut's perspective. Or, you know, just a fun thing to indulge in every few months ;) Because just to be clear: I'm certainly not one of those purists who believes that "there are no bad trips", and that even taking a benzo during a highly disturbing one is some act of blasphemy against the Church of Albert Hofmann and Pope Sasha I.

tl,dr: Do what *you* are comfortable with. If you're willing to risk a difficulty experience, take Lucy by itself. If you're mainly looking for a good time, do a full-blown candyflip. But maybe in the end the key is moderation: just enough Molly to put your mind at ease if you're worried about a difficult experience, and enough Lucy to put you in a state of introspection where you're still capable of a sufficiently coherent train of thought to be able to write stuff down/record it on your phone/tell it to your tripsitter.

Thanks, for the advice. Still not sure what I'll do next weekend, maybe candyflip, but like you said, moderation. I'm just trying to consider what dosages would achieve that? The most I've ever done with no tolerance, of Lucy was 230 ug, and I was completely in the wrong frame of reference. In the long term it seemed to really help, but was a confusing, difficult trip, the only pleasant part of the trip was when I took a shower. Right now, my normal dose of Lucy is about 150-160 ug range and my normal dose of MDMA would be about 160 mg with a booster dose 1.5 hours after of about 60 mg. I want to party, but also have the important introspection of Lucy, if that's even possible?

So I don't know, maybe go with the same doses that I did separate, MDMA more recently and a candyflip on Halloween, which I estimate was about 120 mg of MDMA at most, and 150-160 mg Lucy, was a little difficult to give an exact number, but close to a tab and a half. Was a fun time, just don't remember much of it, seems like the best time to add the molly is four hours into the trip. I just wish I knew the right balance, should I up the dose of Lucy to 216 ug, which would be the two 108 ug tabs, maybe a 140 mg dose of MDMA or try to be more moderate with both. I figure if I had a difficult trip like before, which I don't expect this time around, the lucy would definitely help to a degree. Thanks.

I tried MDMA and LSD (in that order) on my own once... it was a pretty wild and paranoid ride. While it did make me face a lot of personal issues, in hindsight I think I saw my faults as much worse than they really are. I doubt I'll repeat.

Have you ever considered doing the opposite LSD and then waiting four hours to dose the MDMA. Might make for a better experience, though I can't guarantee that.

Candyflip is a nasty wild trip for me, with a lot of body temperature fluctuation and an unfocused mind. I have troubles trying to have introspection when I'm overwhelmed by the visuals and distracted putting clothes on and off because of the temperature changes.

I had this problem only when I made the mistake of doing Lucy and then three hours later dosing Molly. That was the only really bad candyflip I had, I would look in the mirror and just look horrible, it seemed like both drugs were fighting each other, it was very weird, and confusing. Everytime I've tried to dose Lucy and waited four hours then dose the molly, it seems to have worked. Not sure exactly why, but that one hour seems to make a difference in my experience. Same with weed and Lucy, everytime I've mixed Cannabis with Lucy, it has made the trip so much better and so much more fun. The visuals were even more profound.

Yeah my two cents is do only LSD if you have done it and can handle like 300 ug, give or take some ugs whatever you're into. Acid is enough introspection in the right dose whereas MDMA would just make you more energized and possibly distracted. That being said, they can be cool together but the more trips I've taken the more I've learned that combining substances can often make an otherwise clear experience turn muddy and uncomfortable, except with KETAMINE!

The most I have done with no tolerance was 230 ug, but I was not in the set or setting or mindframe at the time to really appreciate it. I feel a lot more stable now, so I am interested in atleast a similar dose, I just don't know how much different 230 ug would be from let's say 300 ug. I have never tried Ketamine, what is that like with Lucy?

The acid is alone is good for introspection, mdma is notorious for short memory loops.
Its actually quite hard to remember shit from candy flips imo. Even when i have consciously tried to make a thought or moment "important" it often still slips your memory after a few seconds to a few minutes.

If it helps, the more mdma you add to the flip the less you'll probably remember. The more acid you add can make things abit confusing and crazy.
Imo its not the best fun doing huge candyflips, ide even call 4 tabs 3 points of md way to much at like once.. the body load gets quite exaggurated and uncorfortable to.
Specially when one of my candlyflips was at 3 in the morn at a music festival hidden hours into the bush. -4 degrees celcius doesnt mix with a candyflip.
Have fun :)

Thanks, I'm trying to consider what would be the most optimal dose. I'm thinking maybe like 1 and a half tabs, 160 mg MDMA with a possible, 60 mg redose. Not sure if that would be too much or not or would be a very fun, possibly also introspective experience.

Thanks, I'm trying to consider what would be the most optimal dose. I'm thinking maybe like 1 and a half tabs, 160 mg MDMA with a possible, 60 mg redose. Not sure if that would be too much or not or would be a very fun, possibly also introspective experience.
Honestly ide say try get 3 tabs and 3 points.
Just take a single tab and a single point of md, then redose small anounts when needed(half tab or like small bumps of mdma).

Ive found doing this stops me from overdoing it as easily, you probably wudnt even get thru all of what u have in a night if u got what i suggested and didnt savage it, idk what your like i know people who could easy go through a gram of md and like 3-4 tabs in a night-24 timespan.

Idk they are both introspective experiences its just md makes it hard to remember haha, if you would really like to try get as much out of it as possible bring a notepad and a full pen, write revelations as or just after they have happened. Even draw crude diagrams of visual revelations if need be.

My last piece of advice for a flip is dont bring extremely high expectations on revelations, some candyflips you end up having to much fun to notice the groundbreaking thoughts happening. I find the most revelations i have while candyflipping is when i start to die and go to bed, usually while trying to sleep stimulated i have some weird revelations of thought and visuals. But.. Cant remember the ones i havent written down.

Have fun man/mam just dont overdue either, IMO i like to have more acid than M in a flip. But i know other are the opposite :)

Honestly ide say try get 3 tabs and 3 points.
Just take a single tab and a single point of md, then redose small anounts when needed(half tab or like small bumps of mdma).

Ive found doing this stops me from overdoing it as easily, you probably wudnt even get thru all of what u have in a night if u got what i suggested and didnt savage it, idk what your like i know people who could easy go through a gram of md and like 3-4 tabs in a night-24 timespan.

Idk they are both introspective experiences its just md makes it hard to remember haha, if you would really like to try get as much out of it as possible bring a notepad and a full pen, write revelations as or just after they have happened. Even draw crude diagrams of visual revelations if need be.

My last piece of advice for a flip is dont bring extremely high expectations on revelations, some candyflips you end up having to much fun to notice the groundbreaking thoughts happening. I find the most revelations i have while candyflipping is when i start to die and go to bed, usually while trying to sleep stimulated i have some weird revelations of thought and visuals. But.. Cant remember the ones i havent written down.

Have fun man/mam just dont overdue either, IMO i like to have more acid than M in a flip. But i know other are the opposite :)

Thanks, I'm thinking of half a gram of MDMA, and at least two, preferably three tabs. I don't plan on doing all the MDMA, atleast in one night, but maybe half of it. The only problem with doing one hit, and then another half tab is you only have a window of what, one and a half hours to dose more before tolerance begins? Although I don't really know if that's scientifically correct, or not. Not sure if that's completely accurate. Still have to think about what I'm going to do.

Thanks, I'm thinking of half a gram of MDMA, and at least two, preferably three tabs. I don't plan on doing all the MDMA, atleast in one night, but maybe half of it. The only problem with doing one hit, and then another half tab is you only have a window of what, one and a half hours to dose more before tolerance begins? Although I don't really know if that's scientifically correct, or not. Not sure if that's completely accurate. Still have to think about what I'm going to do.
A half gram is a good amount to fall back on, wont worry about running out is for sure.
And yes well techniqually you are right the tolerance will start building, i have always found you can re-dose a half tab atleast twice within 6 hours and it will keep you going, it wont exceed the peak it will become more placid. After that if you really feel like its needed start dosing full tabs after.
Dont under estimate the power of a half tab, specially when your on it :)
I find for some reason its easier to get acid to work if your already on it.

This is in my experiences though but hopefully it helps.

I'd say Lucy on it's own, or shrooms, which I find more introspective. Candy flipping is pure bliss and fun.