• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Which serial killers or true crimes intrigue you?

Damn you witch, dont try to poison me with logical points! But yeah I guess so I went from masturbating to 6 times a day to maybe 0.5 so theres that.

One might feel hopeless about themselves because they have such high standards for themselves, which is a narcissistic component, IIRC.

Also, maybe being annoyed by narcissists is an indication that one thinks narcissists have something that they covet. Otherwise, i'd imagine, live and let live?

I agree, clinical narcissists can be "annoying". But i usually walk away laughing, feeling bad for them.

Narcissism, as a "personality disorder", doesn't really seem to translate into feeling bad about yourself. They'll just lay the blame for any bad outcome at someone else's feet.

And people dislike narcissists because they're self-serving delusional a-holes who refuse to take responsibility for anything.

Narcissism, as a "personality disorder", doesn't really seem to translate into feeling bad about yourself. They'll just lay the blame for any bad outcome at someone else's feet.

Narcissists, as a personality disorder, hold toxic amounts of shame. That's the core of why they're compensating..

Madness, do narcissists project their condition as much as psychopaths? I have few quite obviously to the seeing eye narcissist friends who often talk about how other people are narcissist etc, the usual shit.

Yeah like psychopaths can have "narcissistic injuries" to their ego if they dont get their way, but the key difference is toxic shame vs. no shame.

And these all exist on a spectrum, too.

If you're asking me, id say just get over it, softy.

:p

It'll go away soon. Or go out and regain a sense of control. Not by killing people like bundy did after getting rejected from his lover, but more like.. Start a cult? Which you've already done in TL. ;)

Yeah. Gotta deal with everything and the sooner the better usually.

Start a cult? Now we are speaking my language :cool: Naa, narcissistic injuries arent that usual for me. Not a daily thing. Sometimes however they can turn murderous for a few hours but its been like half a year since that last happened. I dont like narcissistic injuries, neither do I even like my condition cause its a fucking disability after all but I guess theres a positive sides too.

Psychopathy is glamorous in todays world. And everyone wants all the good without the bad. Little anxiety, no shame etc but that comes with very troubled relationships, an inability to genuinely connect with others etc.

Yeah, and to my knowledge the upbringing is really important since that basically sets most of the morals youre gonna deal with so I dont even want to act psychopathically. So its really a disability for me. I feel like I have true connection with my family and my best friend since hes basically a more disturbed psychopath than I am and a stand up guy. But thats about it. And then people make fun of my condition? For fucks sake atleast make fun of something thats at my control.

Psychopathy is glamorous in todays world. And everyone wants all the good without the bad. Little anxiety, no shame etc but that comes with very troubled relationships, an inability to genuinely connect with others etc.

I don't wanna be a psychopath in the slightest :p

I like caring about other people.

Again, psychopaths can and do care about other people. Just in their own way.

Is "their own way" really caring though? I mean in the way we generally define it in non psychopaths.

As in caring about someone else's wellbeing even if say it doesn't positively affect your life whatsoever.

I dunno, I don't know that I fully understand how psychopaths experience "caring" about others.

Theres a few persons who I whole heartedly care about. Therefore I consider it possible. Not everyone is the same and my upbringing was relatively loving so I might have an exception because of that.

Then theres obviously the positive feedback caring; intelligence, connection, reward system etc.

If you were looking researched evidence, then I have to say that it has been studied that psychopaths are infact capable of all emotions, even love but they arent typically capable of feeling that emotion for a person for long so it results in a many one night stands or many short intense relationships cause to my knowledge they feel emotions stronger than a normal person, when they feel them.

My original assessment from court, my therapist says, was to figure out if i had components of psychopathy. It ranked in my top 3 on the MMPI 500 question assessment, but she deemed me normal because of the way i talk about my relationships. Not sure what that means, but im glad im not a 'path in the eyes of the court!