• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

which one is best? targin, jurnista or methadone tablet? pain management question

seraphimfell

Greenlighter
Hi,
I am currently on Morphine Sulphate ER, which I find doesn't help at all, I used to be on comparison dose of Oxycontin ER which was great but then it only worked for 8 hours not 12, so that sucked. I have been offered the choice between Targin three times a day, the methadone tablet (perseptone?) twice a day or Jurnista once a day.

Please may I have some advice cos I'd hate to go on a three month trial of Jurnista and only find out it worked for 18 hours or whatever.

Anyway, thanks in advance,

Sera

I'd take Jurnista, but I don't know how long an oral dose would last as it's different for everyone. Methadone is shitful for pain, new oxy formulation sucks hey. Maybe fentanyl patch could be an option?

Jurnista is great, but in my experience it certainly doesn't last a full 24 hours, so at once a day it isn't going to be enough.

If you found oxycodone worked well for you before, Targin might be worth a try.

Methadone seems to be hit and miss for pain, though at 2 doses a day you should at least have round the clock coverage, but it seems to come with more side effects than most opioids.

Best friend has chronic pain/ has had for 20+ years...

She is on 160mg oxycodone per day in 3 doses. 60x3./ day.

She was put on Targin about 12 months ago. It is fucking useless. She's on work cover so not paying for meds but I'm told its super $$$$... When she told me about its formulation I scoffed... Oxycodone and a shit tonne of naloxone... It's being pushed at oxy users as an improved formulation. All it did was give her diarea and send her into precipitated widthdrawel 10 times / week. It's pain managements new 'puppy' drug. They push this crap because the naloxone makes it very hard to bang ect...

Bout 6 months ago I convinced her to just tell them it was not working, which it wasn't.
She's now back on whatever passes foe 'oxycodone' now and although the new gel formula isn't as effective as older preparations I've not seen her once go into precipitated widthdrawel and her pain levels are infinintly better.

Just wanted to out it out there for those who are in chronic pain and have this crap thrown at them.

'Targin' is fucking hopeless. All your doctors doing by suggesting this is covering his/ her ass more so than trying to help you.