Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: Actor to play The Batman?

pick one!

• Adam West

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Easily Christian Bale. I liked Michael Keaton quite a bit, but he had none of the torment Bale injected into the role. He also had far less to work with. Kilmer and Clooney were completely miscast, and completely forgettable. Adam West doesn't count.

sweet! i knew it would be bale <3 heheh....3 votes and counting....

Christian Bale is the best Batman. Adam West was good for his generation. As for the rest, all of those movies sucked they were so damn cheesy and just out of control. Clooney, Kilmer, Keaton were just terrible or maybe it was just the movie plot and directing. I'm sure Clooney would have been alright in the new one's but Bale seems to fit the part perfectly. Batman begins was the best one I've seen. It was actually realistic and didn't have that cartoonish feel which the others had. I haven't seen the dark knight but am sure it will be good.

As much as I like Bale as the latest Batman, I always thought that Keaton brought a quiet intensity to the character that all the others have lacked (West doesn't count, because his Batman was supposed to be campy).

while the orgiinal batman was awesomely amazing, I just can't go past the past 2 films, so Christian Bale gets my vote.

Bale, he brings a kind of dark persona to the table that is closest to the batman in the comics I used to read when I was a kid.

I went with Bale though I adore Keating as well. Please, someone, vote for Clooney. God, that movie sucked so bad.

i am torn between keating and bale. i haven't voted yet.

Keep in mind that both clooney and kilmer are severely disadvantaged by schumacher. All the batman incarnations speak equally of the director as the actor, so this is actually a harder question than it appears to be.

^please. No way Viggo would be believable as a billionaire playboy.

i am torn between keating and bale. i haven't voted yet.

Keep in mind that both clooney and kilmer are severely disadvantaged by schumacher. All the batman incarnations speak equally of the director as the actor, so this is actually a harder question than it appears to be.
Keaton!

I don't think Kilmer or Clooney would have done well even if they had better material to work with. Maybe Val would have had a chance; I have known people who felt he made a better Bruce Wayne than Michael Keaton. Clooney was just wrong for the part from the very beginning (though to be fair, he was probably the least crappy thing about that film). He's far too much of an affable everyman to convincingly portray the character, no matter who's directing.

I like Christian Bale.

Keaton I think they chose because his eyebrows resemble the ones on Adam West's costume.

The real question is if Keaton could have been the definitive Batman if he was working with the right director. I still respect Keaton's work in Burton's films, and back in the day, he was the definitive Batman. But after Christopher Nolan's work...I just can't take Burton's films seriously anymore. I still admire so many things from those movies (especially the production design from the first one; the architecture of Burton's Gotham is astonishing), but...you know...they just don't compete with the current incarnation.

Christian Bale gets my vote. But as has been touched on, it's in no small part due to how damn good the Batman movies he has starred in are. I do like Keaton.

I think it's laughable that Clooney ever played Batman.

actually i can't remember anything from the clooney one, except the soundtrack.

I actually kept in mind the complexity (if you will) of the question when I answered. I too don't think Clooney could come even close to Keaton or Bale with the 'right' director. Though I've liked Clooney in other films I don't think he has the depth it takes to play Batman right. There has to be some sort of looming mystery/darkness to a Batman character and I just don't see Clooney ever being able to bring it to the level of the other two actors.

Easily Christian Bale. I liked Michael Keaton quite a bit, but he had none of the torment Bale injected into the role. He also had far less to work with. Kilmer and Clooney were completely miscast, and completely forgettable. Adam West doesn't count.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Adam West doesn't count in this respect, but he was "good" for the silly old TV version.